Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- CoinTos - 2011-05-14

gugahoi Wrote:Furthermore, if you have a completely different idea of how to implement the widget, I'm open to suggestions! You can see the information the calls return in the trakt api website. Both get and post functions have already their core implemented so eventually I want to have most of the accessible calls in the widget somehow.

Well, my suggestion for a coverflow replacement as someone who is concerned about page space, a simple news ticker with picture popup on mouse over would be prefect.

Thanks again for all your improvements.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-14

hernandito Wrote:Semi-Dumb widget idea... how about a little text input box where one could send a custom message to the XBMC client to display on the screen..? Like "5 minutes till bedtime..!"

https://github.com/tylerhall/php-growl/ there you go get coding Tongue

- CoinTos - 2011-05-14

_Mikie_ Wrote:https://github.com/tylerhall/php-growl/ there you go get coding Tongue

I do believe hernandito means using the XBMC internal notification popup. Which would involve posting a httpapi or json call to the ip(s) or hostname(s) of the xbmc machine(s) you wish to notify.

- mfaine - 2011-05-15

I like this very much. Thank you for your work. I thought the least I could do was make a few suggestions for features. I didn't read every previous post so I may be repeating something that has already been mentioned. If so, I do apologize. I know most of these are probably obvious and are also probably already planned but you never know.

1. Update from git, like Sickbeard does

2. If XBMC is not running just show something like "Offline", instead of the json error message.

3. Configuration page for config.php

4. Ability to open a top menu link in a new window. Mainly because some web apps bust frames.

5. The header and top menu need some work. I don't know exactly what should be done but I can't seem to get the home icon to align with the menu and I had to manually adjust the size of the top frame a few times to get it good enough. Chrome on Linux

6. Whatever is used to play video in the widget doesn't work on my system. Ubuntu 11.04 running up-to-date Google Chrome.

8. This might not be practical or high on the list of priorities but I'd like to see widgets that can scroll much like the scrolling widget sometimes used on blogs

7. A true "pie-in-the-sky" feature for me would be the ability to load the top menu pages in a div so that if I'm doing something in say, sickbeard for example, and then go look at something in sabnzbd - when I go back to sickbeard it isn't a page refresh but just show/hide toggle and I am still right where I was on the page. I'm not up on ajax,html,etc but hopefully this is getting easier to do.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-15

hernandito Wrote:Semi-Dumb widget idea... how about a little text input box where one could send a custom message to the XBMC client to display on the screen..? Like "5 minutes till bedtime..!"

Something like this you mean...! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45613
Should be really easy to add this in - if you understand minor bits of coding...

I'm going to attempt to make this widget now...
The command that is used is -
http://XBMC:PORT/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(Notification(NOTICE!, Put your generated text here.))

- SleepyP - 2011-05-15

OK, I got my server back and better than ever Smile It took way longer than it probably should have, but I have pretty much everything running now.

The main difference is I am using Apache's reverse proxy abilities to re-map the various services to imaginary folders on my server, as suggested by Nick8888. So much better / easier. However, after switching to that setup, the SickBeard Coming Episodes widget is 100% non-functional for me.

I have isolated this issue to changing the "web_root" setting in Sick Beard's config.ini. By default this variable is empty, but if you enter "sickbeard" (for example) for that setting and then restart Sick Beard, it will serve up everything at host:ip/sickbeard/ as opposed to just host:ip.

What's weird is that I have compensated for this in my MFP config.php by adding the webroot into my sickbeard settings, and I have tested the URLs I specified in my config.php (of course). I suspect somewhere in the widget there's some string processing causing this, will investigate.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-15

OK I have isolated this. Its got to be something with RegEx or other processing done on the SickBeard URLs. If I change the web_root for SickBeard to something random like '/tv' then everything works fine.

- steve1977 - 2011-05-15

Thanks for your quick reply!

gugahoi Wrote:I only reworked the banner view since it was the one I used. It would not be very hard to update the minimal poster view to work with the way things are now. If you can post a screenshot of the way things are now and they way you want them to be I could give it a shot.

Basically would like to keep it 100% as it is now, just get rid off the summary (for example: keep "Aqua Teen Hunger Force, 8x02 - Allen, Part Two (2011-05-15), Sunday 10:30 PM on Cartoon Network exactly as now, but get rid off "Master Shake faces the future ruler of Earth.". To make the poster a bit smaller would also be nice, but probably more complicated and not really needed.

gugahoi Wrote:I think with the way I made the widget, just about any functions available in their api could be implemented easily. The widget is not nearly close to done as I am having tons of problems with the current slideshow plugin.

For me, the trakt-widget doesn't work at all right now. Not only do I get an error message, but it doesn't display anything.

gugahoi Wrote:The alert boxes that show up are probably because I must've forgotten to turn them off, that's how I was debugging the javascript functions.

For trakt, I get the error and then nothing displays. For the TMDB search, I get the error message, but still a perfect display.

gugahoi Wrote:Furthermore, if you have a completely different idea of how to implement the widget, I'm open to suggestions! You can see the information the calls return in the trakt api website.

I have no idea about coding at all, but what I would find ideal would be to have a widget visually looking exactly the same as the "coming episodes ones" in poster view (i.e., title, poster, same basic information, nice scrolling) and within this widget display latest (upcoming) movies. Info could be pulled from the "weekly most watched" in trakt (as it usually is in line with the latest and greatest) if this is the easiest to implement or from IMDB upcoming movies or from one of the many other sites showing upcoming dvd/bluray movie releases. Button to add to CP would be great.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-15

OMG - Lighthouse is doing my nut in. Posting over there is completely different and a pain in the arse.

Hence - Here I am.
I've made a XBMC Remote Message Widget that needs a little input from others as my coding skills are now all been used up -

wMessage.php
Code:
<?php
$wdgtMessage = array("name" => "Message XBMC", "type" => "inline", "function" => "widgetMessage();");
$wIndex["wMessage"] = $wdgtMessage;

if($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == "POST"){
        if(!empty($_POST['keyword'])){
            $wMessage = 'http://xbmclive:8082/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(Notification(NOTICE!,' . $_POST['keyword'] . ',20000))';
            header("Location: " . $wMessage);
        exit;
    }
}

function widgetMessage() {
        $self_post = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
    echo "<form method='post' action='".$self_post."'>";
    echo "<div align='center'>Send <b>Notice!</b> <input type='text' style='border : 1px; background : #3D3D3D; color:white' name='keyword' id='keyword' />to XBMC.<input type='submit' value='Submit' style='visibility:hidden'></div>";
    echo "</form>";
}
?>
Add it in, tell me what you think. The Page loading to the 'OK' page needs suppressing or the response put into the widget would be cool.

Still in WIP and instead of messing up Lighthouse any further til I learn how to use it...!

I too have been playing around with the themes/css settings. Tell me what you think -
It's amazing how much can change with the smallest of edits. Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-05-15

hernandito Wrote:Hi Guga,

While the CoverFlow is nice eye candy, I think just as nice would be a plain old slideshow. Specially if the code is giving you a headache...

I do like the idea of something that gives you ideas for movies or TV shows to add to my collection.

Me too, I've got another idea to get that tho. I was thinking I'll pick a random trending movie/ tv show to display like "Have you heard of this?" and everytime you go into mfp, you'll have something different showing there...?

mfaine Wrote:I like this very much. Thank you for your work. I thought the least I could do was make a few suggestions for features. I didn't read every previous post so I may be repeating something that has already been mentioned. If so, I do apologize. I know most of these are probably obvious and are also probably already planned but you never know.

1. Update from git, like Sickbeard does

2. If XBMC is not running just show something like "Offline", instead of the json error message.

3. Configuration page for config.php

4. Ability to open a top menu link in a new window. Mainly because some web apps bust frames.

5. The header and top menu need some work. I don't know exactly what should be done but I can't seem to get the home icon to align with the menu and I had to manually adjust the size of the top frame a few times to get it good enough. Chrome on Linux

6. Whatever is used to play video in the widget doesn't work on my system. Ubuntu 11.04 running up-to-date Google Chrome.

8. This might not be practical or high on the list of priorities but I'd like to see widgets that can scroll much like the scrolling widget sometimes used on blogs

7. A true "pie-in-the-sky" feature for me would be the ability to load the top menu pages in a div so that if I'm doing something in say, sickbeard for example, and then go look at something in sabnzbd - when I go back to sickbeard it isn't a page refresh but just show/hide toggle and I am still right where I was on the page. I'm not up on ajax,html,etc but hopefully this is getting easier to do.

1. I've been looking into that but still don't know how to do it. Sickbeard uses python so it's a bit different than MFP, but I do agree that this feature would be fantastic.

2/3. Are already in our priorities. Check out the http://mediafrontpage.lighthouse.com if you want to follow those.

4. Already implemented. Check out you config.php cause it is there.

5. Could you explain a bit more?

6. What do you mean play video? The only widget that loads video is the search widget.

7/8. Can be looked into.

DejaVu Wrote:OMG - Lighthouse is doing my nut in. Posting over there is completely different and a pain in the arse.

Put it up in your fork and I'll try to help. Also gave you some pointers in how to suppress the response over in lighthouse. And new themes are always great. Still need to put hernandito's theme up on git... Will try and do that today.

- Nick8888 - 2011-05-15

DejaVu Wrote:OMG - Lighthouse is doing my nut in. Posting over there is completely different and a pain in the arse.
Not sure why it won't let you edit but I have fixed your posts over there.

Don't just assume formatting tags are the same as on this forum, read the Formatting help.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-15

Also forgot to ask: did my 2 bugfixes work for everyone? (overflowing and ssl in sab widget)

edit:

I've also whiped up a quick System info widget as a few people were asking for it and the original was never sent in. I still need to perfect a few things, such as the browser version number.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-15

gugahoi Wrote:Also forgot to ask: did my 2 bugfixes work for everyone? (overflowing and ssl in sab widget)

edit:

I've also whiped up a quick System info widget as a few people were asking for it and the original was never sent in. I still need to perfect a few things, such as the browser version number.

Nice, can you add total up time, total movies and total tv shows on there?

- hernandito - 2011-05-15

DejaVu Wrote:Hence - Here I am.
I've made a XBMC Remote Message Widget that needs a little input from others as my coding skills are now all been used up -

Deja...THANK YOU!! I am thrilled with how it works now... So what if I have to hit the little "home" icon after sending a message... It is still way quicker than running upstairs to tell my kid to wrap it up, or to yell at him to turn down the volume...

Or to spook my wife with messages like, "Time Warner Cable has just determined you are watching sensitive government material. Local police are about to knock on your door with search warrants. Please contact your attorney!"

I did notice that, with your pasted code, all widgets following wSearch have their little "Edit" & "X" displaced.

Thank you again...!

- hernandito - 2011-05-15

gugahoi Wrote:Me too, I've got another idea to get that tho. I was thinking I'll pick a random trending movie/ tv show to display like "Have you heard of this?" and everytime you go into mfp, you'll have something different showing there...?

I like the idea... do others feel the same way as to the real benefit of this widget is to give one an idea for a show to add to your library? I do not have to interact with it, just have the slideshow be right duration to catch our attention and be able to click on it...5-6 seconds per "slide".

I do not need to have it display "Have you heard of this?" I am the only one using MFP.

gugahoi Wrote:Also forgot to ask: did my 2 bugfixes work for everyone? (overflowing and ssl in sab widget)

I never experienced that issue... even with 4 sections. Huh