Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-18

Please could someone test this out for me. I know it works for my pc but might create errors with different configurations..

https://github.com/Mikie-Ghost/sickbeard_public

Thanks

- RaNaMaster - 2011-05-19

_Mikie_ Wrote:Please could someone test this out for me. I know it works for my pc but might create errors with different configurations..

https://github.com/Mikie-Ghost/sickbeard_public

Thanks
looks good to me

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-19

RaNaMaster Wrote:looks good to me

Thanks Smile Glad it works. Hopefully it works for everyone who wants it without any hassles Smile

- DejaVu - 2011-05-19

gugahoi Wrote:Not SQLite itself, but the plugin that allows php to control an sqlite database. In apache (or maybe just xampp) it's there activated by default but that was a 'recent' change I believe.

Any ideas on how I can get this plugin back in then so it will work?
Something else recently changed and fixed on the issues.

Now all I get is --

Quote:Exception : could not find driver
MediaFrontPage Settings

Click the MediaFrontPage Settings
Quote:Global Settings
Exception : could not find driver
SAVE

Would be helpful if the Database branch gave some indication of what driver instead of just saying there is one missing.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-19

whats your Apache error log saying?

- gugahoi - 2011-05-19

DejaVu Wrote:Any ideas on how I can get this plugin back in then so it will work?
Something else recently changed and fixed on the issues.

Now all I get is --

Click the MediaFrontPage Settings

Would be helpful if the Database branch gave some indication of what driver instead of just saying there is one missing.

Usually you just have to enable it in php.ini or something.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-19

Sleepy, I accepted the pull. Just wanted to make a request since you're working on these files. Can you make it so that the listing if the library items doesn't go over forever on the page? Could you apply a max-height of 80% or something?

- DejaVu - 2011-05-19

Hey Gugahoi.

I know it's a WIP and is likely to have a complete overhaul (and I'm planning to learn how it works - hopefully with a few pointers).

The trakt widget has been looking 'ugly' on my screen for a while and had to change the Scroll to Auto.
Code:
TRAKTHEADER;

}
function wTrakt()
{
    echo "<div id='wTrakt' style='overflow:scroll;overflow-x: hidden; height:40%;'>";

to

Code:
TRAKTHEADER;

}
function wTrakt()
{
    echo "<div id='wTrakt' style='overflow:[b]auto[/b];overflow-x: hidden; height:40%;'>";

Minor, but looks a lot better. Smile

Any updates on this lately? Any objections to getting rid of that grayed out scroll bar on the Official Repo?

--EDIT--
Also, although Coverflow looks good, it is a little hard to recognise the covers IMO.
would it be worth simplifying it and using something like this instead -
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/leftrightslide.htm
This images are clickable and Add to CP could be added to the links...?

- steve1977 - 2011-05-19

RaNaMaster Wrote:if your on windows run the control panel C:\xampp\xampp-control.exe and click on svc by the apache and thats it

Thanks, I know how to get it run as service. What I am struggling is how to get it start automatically on windows boot-up. I don't want to manually start apache everytime on boot-up.

I am sing xampp on Win7. Thanks for your help!

- The_Dogg - 2011-05-19

DejaVu Wrote:
Code:
"section4" => array(
            "wSearch" => array(
                "title" => "Search",
                "display" => ""
            ),
            "wExample" => array(
                "title" => "Example",
                "display" => ""
            )
        )
    );
?>

Hello World appears on mine. Check your syntax above.

thanks,
My error was that I didnt put the Capital E for "wExample", didn't think it was case sensitive.

all working now, let's see what I can do with this now

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-19

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks, I know how to get it run as service. What I am struggling is how to get it start automatically on windows boot-up. I don't want to manually start apache everytime on boot-up.

I am sing xampp on Win7. Thanks for your help!

I run wamp as a service that starts on system boot. I'm sure the process is similar

Start - Run - services.msc - Ok

Wampapache and wampmysqld (probably xamppapache and xamppmyqsld)

Right click - Properties - Startup type - Automatically

They should now start automatically on windows boot. Good luck

- castortray - 2011-05-20

Hi all,

I just started using MediaFrontPage but I have this error:

I'm using wampserver on Windows 7.

XBMC Dharma with MySQL, I've change all settings in config.php.

JSONRPC working properly

Thanks for any tips

- branlr - 2011-05-20

Man this project is really awesome...

I'm going to insert some requests to be accepted or ignored:

1. Real submenus that stem from the menu items when hovered over.
2. Rather than netvibes style, where widgets "snap" into place, it would be AWESOME if there were the option to use a free-er, protopage style widget system that has no columns (widgets move around freely) and widgets are freely re-sizable in all directions.
3."Tabs" with url definable in the config file, also like protopage, so that these widgets can be placed on dedicated pages based on category, rather than mashed all together.
4. Widget to simply load an entire webpage, and then allow cropping/locking into place. This is a really cool way to grab some content, to me.
5. More widgets of a generic nature... weather, google search, generic rss reader, etc. This would allow this fantastic project to replace all other start pages.

I know, I know, I know... I'm asking for a TON...Just entertain it! Please!

- hernandito - 2011-05-20

branlr Wrote:Man this project is really awesome...

I'm going to insert some requests to be accepted or ignored:

1. Real submenus that stem from the menu items when hovered over.
2. Rather than netvibes style, where widgets "snap" into place, it would be AWESOME if there were the option to use a free-er, protopage style widget system that has no columns (widgets move around freely) and widgets are freely re-sizable in all directions.
3."Tabs" with url definable in the config file, also like protopage, so that these widgets can be placed on dedicated pages based on category, rather than mashed all together.
4. Widget to simply load an entire webpage, and then allow cropping/locking into place. This is a really cool way to grab some content, to me.
5. More widgets of a generic nature... weather, google search, generic rss reader, etc. This would allow this fantastic project to replace all other start pages.

I know, I know, I know... I'm asking for a TON...Just entertain it! Please!

Hi,

1) Not easily doable. Suggested many times, but the crux is that nothing within a widget can extend past its bounddaries.

2) Also suggested, but it would require a significant rehaul of MFP.

3-5) We have been been discussing similar features. I am working on some ideas with help from the masters. Stay tuned.

Welcome.

H.

- steve1977 - 2011-05-20

_Mikie_ Wrote:I run wamp as a service that starts on system boot. I'm sure the process is similar

Start - Run - services.msc - Ok

Wampapache and wampmysqld (probably xamppapache and xamppmyqsld)

Right click - Properties - Startup type - Automatically

They should now start automatically on windows boot. Good luck

Thanks. Unfortunately, I cannot find a service called xamppapache or something similar after executing services.msc. Anyone using xampp with an idea how the service is called or what to do?