Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- RaNaMaster - 2011-05-21

new idea how about some submenu for the widgets example lets say in the sabnzdb widget look at pic the submenu is in red

you can really use this with the utorrent when n if it gets done i have never used Transmission but maybe it can apply to Transmission

- gugahoi - 2011-05-22

Hey fellas, I've been reworking the Trakt widget as a few of you want it right now haha and I know the jquery plugin I was using was not very good. So here it's what I've been thinking for it.
It changes everytime it loads by picking a random movie from the list and also prints the taglone or overview of the show/movie if there is one. I'm possibly adding some trailer, imdb and tmdb links and maybe a couple more things. It can still have some modifications but that's roughly where I'm taking it.
What do you guys think?
Can someone also make a youtube 'badge' icon for me to use ? Cheers

- DPickles - 2011-05-22

gugahoi Wrote:Hey fellas, I've been reworking the Trakt widget as a few of you want it right now haha and I know the jquery plugin I was using was not very good. So here it's what I've been thinking for it.
It changes everytime it loads by picking a random movie from the list and also prints the taglone or overview of the show/movie if there is one. I'm possibly adding some trailer, imdb and tmdb links and maybe a couple more things. It can still have some modifications but that's roughly where I'm taking it.
What do you guys think?
Can someone also make a youtube 'badge' icon for me to use ? Cheers

looking much cleaner and streamlined now and doesnt take up to much of the page. I can probably throw an icon together later after i get home from work if you have time to wait.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-22

DPickles Wrote:looking much cleaner and streamlined now and doesnt take up to much of the page. I can probably throw an icon together later after i get home from work if you have time to wait.

I'll be waiting.

Update: DPickles, turns out not that many movies have trailers on Trakt so I don't think there will be the need for a youtube icon just yet but what I'm thinking, to have morre of a consistency with the "badges", do you think you can make then look like an iphone app icon kind of thing? Or at least something more uniform than what it is now. And I'll also need a tvdb badge that we currently don't have. Let me know if you can do those. Cheers!

This is how it's looking at the moment. But since it was taking a little while to load, I've let only the movie and tv recommendation on for now (the code is still there for the others tho) and I will upload this to the master repo.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-22

Hey guys, I've created a 'future' milestone so we can put some ideas there if they don't relate to neither 1.0 or 2.0 and tickets can be reassigned in the future. One problem tho, I don't know how to change 1.0 to be the current milestone. Anyone know how to fix that?

- DPickles - 2011-05-22

sure thing. I'll have a look at it when i get. Still at work unfortunately. Before i start, and idea what size you've got in mind? Will just gove me something aim for. I dont want to make massive icons that take up to much room Big Grin

- gugahoi - 2011-05-22

DPickles Wrote:sure thing. I'll have a look at it when i get. Still at work unfortunately. Before i start, and idea what size you've got in mind? Will just gove me something aim for. I dont want to make massive icons that take up to much room Big Grin

I don't think image size is a big problem, they can always be resized in html code. The one thing to worry about is file size as these files should be quickly loaded, so aim at roughly 8/12kb ? Take a look at the sab icon if you need reference and if you really feel like it, maybe redo the entire icon set? couchpotato, sab, imdb, tvdb, tmdb and youtube (this one is not so important). Whatever you can contribute would be cool. And probably in the future something like a thumbs up and down or a heart/ broken heart will also be useful.

Cheers

- Nick8888 - 2011-05-22

gugahoi Wrote:Hey guys, I've created a 'future' milestone so we can put some ideas there if they don't relate to neither 1.0 or 2.0 and tickets can be reassigned in the future. One problem tho, I don't know how to change 1.0 to be the current milestone. Anyone know how to fix that?

Not possible AFAIK. Just use milestone v2.0 for future tickets.

- Clown - 2011-05-22

Does anyone know what's going on with my top bar?

It has been like that for a while but I've just never bothered to do anything about it.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-22

Nick8888 Wrote:Not possible AFAIK. Just use milestone v2.0 for future tickets.

You sure? I just saw RuudBurger's CouchPotato lighthouseapp page and he has it setup like that...

Clown Wrote:Does anyone know what's going on with my top bar?

It has been like that for a while but I've just never bothered to do anything about it.

How old is the version you're using? This has been fixed a long time ago. Try to update to the latest from git and it should be all good.

- Clown - 2011-05-22

I don't know?
Code:
clown@Server:/var/www/media$ git pull
remote: Counting objects: 7, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
remote: Total 4 (delta 3), reused 1 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (4/4), done.
From git://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage
   1bc7f75..5554f2e  master     -> origin/master
Updating 1bc7f75..5554f2e
Fast-forward
css/comingepisodes.css |    4 +++-
1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

- gugahoi - 2011-05-22

Clown Wrote:I don't know?
Code:
clown@Server:/var/www/media$ git pull
remote: Counting objects: 7, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
remote: Total 4 (delta 3), reused 1 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (4/4), done.
From git://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage
   1bc7f75..5554f2e  master     -> origin/master
Updating 1bc7f75..5554f2e
Fast-forward
css/comingepisodes.css |    4 +++-
1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

Oh you're using the old repo. Gotta change your stuff to the new Official repo. Quite a few changes have happened since then. But if you don't care for that then you can just edit nav.css to fix that one bug.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-22

gugahoi Wrote:It can still have some modifications but that's roughly where I'm taking it.
What do you guys think?

Any reason it's not a scrolling Cover page now - add an option to use it? Also, had some cAsE issues with Linux. Changed that now. Wink
gugahoi Wrote:Can someone also make a youtube 'badge' icon for me to use ? Cheers

Easy - Image (Found it instead 16x16).

I'll make a transparent one if you prefer...

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-22

gugahoi with the crazy layouts.. Just to double check. In the css from what I can see the only difference is the size of the sections and then added heights right? Otherwise the css remains the same?

And where on earth does it link to the css? Searched the entire folder and it didn't find any link to the css :/

- gugahoi - 2011-05-22

DejaVu Wrote:Any reason it's not a scrolling Cover page now - add an option to use it? Also, had some cAsE issues with Linux. Changed that now. Wink

Basically I couldn't really figure out how to make it work well. If you can it would be awesome. The thing is, the images won't preload beforehand among other stuff.

_Mikie_ Wrote:gugahoi with the crazy layouts.. Just to double check. In the css from what I can see the only difference is the size of the sections and then added heights right? Otherwise the css remains the same?

And where on earth does it link to the css? Searched the entire folder and it didn't find any link to the css :/

Ye you're right. That's basically the difference. The link is when you call the main page - mediafrontpage.php?layout=LAYOUTNAME where layout name is what is after layout in the php page (eg.:layout-myexample.php would require mediafrontpage.php?layout=myexample to be applied and consequently widget-myexample.css will be applied). Don't think that was very clear, ask away if you still got questions.