Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- branlr - 2011-05-25

bah... I don't know what I did, but I'm getting the following in all of my xbmc library widgets...

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 80 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 166 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Config\Container.php on line 111

any thoughts?

I'm obviously using xampp on windows 7.

- CoinTos - 2011-05-25

Hey DejaVu/Gugohai,

After a delay due to a death of my laptop harddrive and the speed of running linux off a flash stick, I present to you...

wUPS - initial release

If there any problems let me know and I will look into them, asap.

Also, is the trakt.tv widget broken in the current (as of Monday) version of gugohai branch, as I can't for the life of me get it display any thing but TV and Movie Recommendation headings, no images below them.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-25

CoinTos Wrote:Hey DejaVu/Gugohai,

After a delay due to a death of my laptop harddrive and the speed of running linux off a flash stick, I present to you...

wUPS - initial release

If there any problems let me know and I will look into them, asap.

Also, is the trakt.tv widget broken in the current (as of Monday) version of gugohai branch, as I can't for the life of me get it display any thing but TV and Movie Recommendation headings, no images below them.

Very well coded widget. Already added to master branch. Let me know if I forgot anything as I can't test it myself.

Let me ask: did you make the regular expressions? If so, could you help with the ones for the wSystem widget Browser Version? There's something wrong there.

- Xfinity - 2011-05-25

Nick8888 Wrote:Yep, check this out from SleepyP I'd say its the best explanation you'll find.

domain.com/tvshows
domain.com/movies
domain.com/downloads
etc

All working with one login throughout the site.

SleepyP Wrote:Hey dude, I remember I had some tricky problems with SickBeard. I need to file it as a bug, but basically you must set your web root and your proxy target to something other than "sickbeard". For whatever reason, using that setting confuses the widget and it fails to work.

I am using the setting "/tv" for my webroot (yes you need the leading slash) and the address 192.168.1.x/tv for my reverse proxy setup (that's my server's LAN IP address). See if that works.

Thanks for ALL help! It works like a charm now Smile.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-25

Tonight I mostly worked on debugging stuff. The Transmission widget has been bothering me with some recurring errors for a long time now. Basically, it always tries to access some variables even if they don't exist. This causes it to SPAM my error log with like 8 lines every time it refreshes, which results in gigantic log files full of lameness. I added some logic to catch those, and in the instances where it's trying to get the speed and % done numbers, if they aren't set I have the returns be 0 so that the results make sense. It appears to work exactly the same in terms of functionality, just doesn't cause any more PHP error output.

I have fixed up the odd error thrown by the XBMC Library widgets and got the preliminary work for "offline" handling done. Got it so in the event that nothing is being returned by the JSON interface, the "xbmc_offline" function will be fired. I wasted several days so far trying to come up with a workable way to do the network functions needed without making the server insecure. There's a PEAR Package that might do the trick, but I need to do some research and tests first.

Gugahoi, I need to take a look at your new config.php setup tomorrow. There's got to be an easy way to make it work with people using Reverse Proxy setups. The whole point of the fancy server-side config is that in MFP we only need like one config line per service. I'm not sure what would be a good way to go, since not everyone is going to have that kind of server setup, but those that do should be able to easily set up MFP. I would like to get that sorted out before I do extensive testing, since that's how I have my services setup.

- drunkendragon - 2011-05-25

Nick8888 Wrote:Sounds like a jquery problem. I bet you can't rearrange the widgets either?

That's true, Nick!

I don't use mysql and downloaded the gugahoi repo 2 days ago. I'll start over again tonight or tomorrow to give more and complete feedback.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-25

SleepyP Wrote:Gugahoi, I need to take a look at your new config.php setup tomorrow. There's got to be an easy way to make it work with people using Reverse Proxy setups. The whole point of the fancy server-side config is that in MFP we only need like one config line per service. I'm not sure what would be a good way to go, since not everyone is going to have that kind of server setup, but those that do should be able to easily set up MFP. I would like to get that sorted out before I do extensive testing, since that's how I have my services setup.

In my mind, we should make it as easy as possible, so that's what I'm trying to do. I'm sure there's a way to make it work with REVERSE PROXIES, I just don't know how the URL's are supposed to look like, if people can post their own url here or just the formatting then I would be able to make it work easily and seamlessly.

drunkendragon Wrote:That's true, Nick!

I don't use mysql and downloaded the gugahoi repo 2 days ago. I'll start over again tonight or tomorrow to give more and complete feedback.

I know it sounds like jQuery, but what I meant was that I didn't change anything that used jQuery so I'm not sure why that was happening. Remember tho, my repo is not the official one, things might not always work! My changes will hopefully be added to the Official gradually as soon as I'm 100% sure they're properly implemented. It's good, however, that you could have possibly found a bug and notified me, this way I can try and fix it!

Anyhow, I'm going to reinforce my opinion that the bug was related to using an XBMC Nightly build in wSystem widget. I didn't know how it was going to react as I don't use one myself, and I was testing out an XBMC PHP RPC library I found in the forum. I contacted the creator and he said he didn't know if it would work with nightlies himself but since then he has already updated his library and all should be fixed. I'll try and fix things in the widget soon.

Cheers

- hernandito - 2011-05-25

Could not resist creating a logo for MFP. With flagrant plagiarism to another "familiar" logo. Didn't Picasso say something like. "Average artists imitate, great artists steal."

PNG file with transparent background.

- Nick8888 - 2011-05-25

hernandito Wrote:Could not resist creating a logo for MFP. With flagrant plagiarism to another "familiar" logo. Didn't Picasso say something like. "Average artists imitate, great artists steal."

I really like it! Perhaps a replacement for that crappy home icon I stole from somewhere!!

Crazy Layouts - hernandito - 2011-05-25

I have been very excited about this project since Guga demonstrated the ability to toggle between 3 and 4 column layouts. He has been working very hard in implementing some ideas on how to make MFP a more dynamic and flexible environment. I want to showcase his CrazyLayouts concept.

I have found it cumbersome to be constantly toggling between tabs to do different things. What if, at the click of a button, your MFP changes to suit the activities you are currently performing.

While Guga is showing switching to different layouts via a drop-down list; I put them front and center on my top Navigation Bar.

Clicking the Home icon, brings the familiar interface we all love:

Browse/Browse-Tri-Panel
I am still deciding which of these 2 layouts I like better. The most common activity would be to browse the web. The browser frame is not embeded in a widget. This creates more real estate area for the browser. Wile one is browsing the internet, we can still keep tabs on MFP things.

I created a Bookmarks iFrame widget that is not very pretty or easy to setup.

The size of the Browser window can be manually expanded and contracted.

Downloads
MFP Home page can monitor most of your downloads via SAB, Torrents or jDownload. On this layout, you interface with the applications. All in one simple unified screen.

Watch Lists/Managers
Here you interface with both the full Sickbeard and Couch Potato. All on one screen.

Research
I created this layout initially with the purpose of browsing and getting ideas for shows and movies and initiating SB, CP, and SAB actions. But I found that the Browser widget was taking to much space as a widget. So this evolved into the Browser versions shown above.

My vision is that one can create these layouts and configure for our individual needs. It can also spark the creation of non-xbmc related widgets like weather, iTunes control, etc.

We are no longer constricted to the real estate of a single web browser tab.

Many thanks to Guga for this...!Nod

I would love to hear comments, suggestions and (hopefully) ideas.

PS. I did not mention the obvious in that each of these layouts can be edited to add and remove any widget as desired. The layouts show are what work for me, and should act as inspiration and not as a set-in-stone template.

An added note to the above post. I have edited the template files of the web interfaces for Transmission and jDownloader so the end result looks like my screen-caps. Taking it one step further, I created a small Transmission web page for the "Home" screen.

gugahoi Wrote:Anyhow, I'm going to reinforce my opinion that the bug was related to using an XBMC Nightly build in wSystem widget. I didn't know how it was going to react as I don't use one myself, and I was testing out an XBMC PHP RPC library I found in the forum. I contacted the creator and he said he didn't know if it would work with nightlies himself but since then he has already updated his library and all should be fixed. I'll try and fix things in the widget soon.

This is with xbmcjsonlib_nightly.php, without xbmcjsonlib.php it's al fine except for the same wsystem widget error. Also i can't move the widgets.

I could try to install xbmc 10.1, just to make sure Smile

Nick8888 Wrote:I really like it! Perhaps a replacement for that crappy home icon I stole from somewhere!!

This one may work better as a Home icon replacement.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-25

The "nightly" json should basically not be needed anymore, the xbmcjsonlib.php in the "main" github repository should work with all versions of XBMC. That particular file shouldn't have any effect other than, if its not working, you will get those "XBMC's JSON API did not respond" messages. That's all that file's used for so it should be able to effect things like the Coming Episodes widget, which doesn't talk to XBMC at all. Have you looked at your server's error log?

Also I just remembered, I used to have that problem where I had no Edit buttons and couldn't drag & drop anything. That issue is caused by not having the PHP-XML module installed. If that's what's happening you should be getting errors in your log which (if I remember right) say something like "XML DOC type not defined" or something.

-EDIT-
Its slow at work today so I began making a little "server checker" script. Its currently very basic, just checks the PHP version # and the presence of the XML Lib extension. I dunno what else MFP depends on that isn't built into PHP, so I dunno what to add. You can download a zip of this PHP file here, or just make a new text file and stick this code into it:

Code:
<html>
<body>
If you have no text below, your PHP is not working.<BR>
<?php
echo "If you can read this, <B>PHP is working.</B><BR>";
$version = phpversion();
echo "PHP Version $version<BR>";
if(extension_loaded('libxml')) { echo "Lib XML found.<BR>"; }
if(!extension_loaded('libxml')) { echo "Lib XML NOT found, you will need to add this.<BR>"; }
?>
</body>
</html>
Then save it as a .php try and load that page.

Indeed with xbmcjsonlib it's OK

server check works out
If you have no text below, your PHP is not working.
If you can read this, PHP is working.
PHP Version 5.3.4
Lib XML found.

With https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage I can edit en drag just fine

I think it's just my configuration at some point.
Still grateful for all you hints/tips!