Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- gugahoi - 2011-06-06

paradoxni Wrote:Currently I do not use xbmc, intead I just run couchpotato, sickbeard, headphones and sabnzb on a my DIY nas.

MediaFrontPage is a great front end for all these, however it looks a bit sparse due to the lack of xbmc.

Currently I use these widgets:

Comingepisodes
Sabnzb
Transmission
Hard drives

Is there anyway to feed in the movies from "wanted" and "downloaded" in Couchpotato? What about a complete list of tv shows i am following from sickbeard? and possibly adding support for headphones (https://github.com/rembo10/headphones)

thanks,

Al.

Headphones looks like a very interesting program! I will also watch it. If you feel the need for more widgets tho, by all means make one and submit it to be added!

SleepyP Wrote:I know Mikie's working on some sort of authentication stuff for MFP as a whole. We should work out the "best" way to integrate that with authentication to the services. For now, I have mine set up so that Apache gives the services it is proxying their usernames / passwords automatically. Until I did that, I found that I would semi-frequently be presented with multiple login prompts, which I find annoying. Aren't there ways to "authenticate" via HTTP headers so that the stuff is working but isn't ever displayed in links?

I'm not sure if you can do that. Would be great if you could tho.

Sleepy, I sent a pull request to your servercheck.php. I feel like you and Mikie should be working together as both of you started adding a ton of checks in different places and they will not be compatible together!

I also noticed you seem to be missing default-layout.php from your repo.

CoinTos Wrote:Well, good news, there is nothing wrong with my regex, just my spelling.
Code:
(windows|[b]machintosh[/b]|linux).*\s(.*)\/(.*).*(firefox|safari)\/(.*)/i
[b]should be:[/b]
(windows|[b]macintosh[/b]|linux).*\s(.*)\/(.*).*(firefox|safari)\/(.*)/i

My bad. Wink

Cool, will test it out...

- steve1977 - 2011-06-06

steve1977 Wrote:Awesome, had an extra slash after the IP, which led to the CPmovie issue. Anyhow, it is working now. I am indeed nearing completion!!! Only thing to get back working after all the changes is the "coming episodes" (shows "authorization missing" now) and get XBMC connected again (somehow got lost on the way... Quite sure it will be easy to solve. See below my MFP config. which is most likely causing the problems:

$GLOBAL_MACHINE = true;
$GLOBAL_USER_PASS = false;
$GLOBAL_IP = 'URL.URL.com';
$GLOBAL_USER = '';
$GLOBAL_PASS = '';
$REVERSE_PROXY = true;
$XBMC_WEBROOT = 'XBMC';
$SICKBEARD_WEBROOT = 'TV';
$COUCHPOTATO_WEBROOT = 'CP';
$SABNZBD_WEBROOT = 'sabnzbd';
/* XBMC Section*/
$XBMC_IP = '192.168.1.115';
$XBMC_PORT = '8080';
$XBMC_USERNAME = 'XXX';
$XBMC_PASS = 'XXX';
/* SickBeard Section*/
$SICKBEARD_IP = '192.168.1.120';
$SICKBEARD_PORT = '9001';
$SICKBEARD_USERNAME = 'XXX';
$SICKBEARD_PASS = 'XXX';
/* SABNZBD Section*/
$SABNZBD_IP = '192.168.1.120';
$SABNZBD_PORT = '9000';
$SABNZBD_USERNAME = 'XXX';
$SABNZBD_PASS = 'XXX';
$SABNZBD_API = 'XXX';
/* CouchPotato Section*/
$COUCHPOTATO_IP = '192.168.1.120';
$COUCHPOTATO_PORT = '9002';
$COUCHPOTATO_USERNAME= 'XXX';
$COUCHPOTATO_PASS = 'XXX';

Anyone has any ideas what I am missing here? Sabnzbd, CP and SB now work well when clicked in the navigation bar, but Sabnzbd-, CP- and SB-related content doesn't show up anymore in the main MFP page. Also, XBMC-related features don't work anymore at all. I am quite sure it is related to the MFP settings above. Thanks for your help!!!

- gugahoi - 2011-06-06

steve1977 Wrote:Anyone has any ideas what I am missing here? Sabnzbd, CP and SB now work well when clicked in the navigation bar, but Sabnzbd-, CP- and SB-related content doesn't show up anymore in the main MFP page. Also, XBMC-related features don't work anymore at all. I am quite sure it is related to the MFP settings above. Thanks for your help!!!

Yep I do. GLOBAL MACHINE is supposed to replace the IP's of each program. It's supposed to streamline the page so if you have that set to true and pointing to your main machine then you can leave the IP settings empty for example. If you're using reverse proxy's none of those settings matter tho. So basically the links will be global_ip/program_web_root

But as I said, the new config is not setup for reverse proxies yet so you should just use the old config page for the time being as that will probably be more accurate, and it also gives you more control over the addresses.

- gugahoi - 2011-06-06

Okay guys, I used some of Sleepy's checks and some of Mikie's checks and made an initial run file. So now, if you're running MFP for the first time you'll be redirected to the servercheck page and in that page, the most important settings are checked to see if everything is set for MFP to work (curl, XMLlib and the config.php page). If everything is ok then it will automatically redirect to MFP's index page. Note that this will only run at first run.

I've already put that in the official repo. What do you guys think?

- steve1977 - 2011-06-06

gugahoi Wrote:Yep I do. GLOBAL MACHINE is supposed to replace the IP's of each program. It's supposed to streamline the page so if you have that set to true and pointing to your main machine then you can leave the IP settings empty for example. If you're using reverse proxy's none of those settings matter tho. So basically the links will be global_ip/program_web_root

But as I said, the new config is not setup for reverse proxies yet so you should just use the old config page for the time being as that will probably be more accurate, and it also gives you more control over the addresses.

Thanks for your help. I am using the "new" config, but the reverse proxies are not the issue. Navigating to CP et al works flawlessly. This part is really great. What does not work is "coming episodes", "recent TV", et al (basically everything that is related to XBMC, sabnzbd and all showing up on the MFP main page).

Are you suggesting to go back to the "old" conf file or changing the global machine setting? Thanks in advance!

- gugahoi - 2011-06-06

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your help. I am using the "new" config, but the reverse proxies are not the issue. Navigating to CP et al works flawlessly. This part is really great. What does not work is "coming episodes", "recent TV", et al (basically everything that is related to XBMC, sabnzbd and all showing up on the MFP main page).

Are you suggesting to go back to the "old" conf file or changing the global machine setting? Thanks in advance!

I would go back to the old one for now if I were you.

Maybe I'll try and set up reverse proxy's in my server so I could finish the new config.

JUst a heads up tho. There's no point putting your port no's in if you have reverse proxy setup. That's only going to make things worse, since I'm pretty sure IP : PORT should not work anymore but only IP / PROXY

- steve1977 - 2011-06-06

gugahoi Wrote:I would go back to the old one for now if I were you.

Maybe I'll try and set up reverse proxy's in my server so I could finish the new config.

JUst a heads up tho. There's no point putting your port no's in if you have reverse proxy setup. That's only going to make things worse, since I'm pretty sure IP : PORT should not work anymore but only IP / PROXY

Ok, let me try the old one. If I go to the MFP repo (instead of your fork) to get the old config file and add trakt- and episode-light file from your fork, I should have everything together for me to go. I could still go to CP et al through the nav bar when adding the full reverse-proxy path (URL.com/CP) in the "old" config file, isn't it?

One last question - tried adding movies to CP through CP, but it appears not to work. Is it fair to assume that this is caused by CP and won't work until CP implement API? Or is it working with someone to add movies when navigating to CP within MFP?

- gugahoi - 2011-06-06

steve1977 Wrote:Ok, let me try the old one. If I go to the MFP repo (instead of your fork) to get the old config file and add trakt- and episode-light file from your fork, I should have everything together for me to go. I could still go to CP et al through the nav bar when adding the full reverse-proxy path (URL.com/CP) in the "old" config file, isn't it?

One last question - tried adding movies to CP through CP, but it appears not to work. Is it fair to assume that this is caused by CP and won't work until CP implement API? Or is it working with someone to add movies when navigating to CP within MFP?

You don't need to use my fork anymore. I'm pretty sure I've already applied all the modifications I made to the official, so just use that instead (unless you're using a different branch, which keep in mind are surely not at all 100% working). Furthermore, both new and old config files are in the official repo.

Regarding CP, it should work fine. When I add to CP from the search widget it always works...

- steve1977 - 2011-06-06

gugahoi Wrote:Headphones looks like a very interesting program! I will also watch it

Indeed sounds fascinating, I am surprised it doesn't have an own thread yet. Usually, XBMC folks love this type of stuff... Anyone knows the developers and could point them towards this forum?

- steve1977 - 2011-06-06

gugahoi Wrote:You don't need to use my fork anymore. I'm pretty sure I've already applied all the modifications I made to the official, so just use that instead (unless you're using a different branch, which keep in mind are surely not at all 100% working). Furthermore, both new and old config files are in the official repo.

This is good to know. I have always been using your fork. Will switch to the official from now on.

gugahoi Wrote:Regarding CP, it should work fine. When I add to CP from the search widget it always works...

Did you try it outside your home network? For me, it works as long as I am in my home network, but not remotely.

- kougi - 2011-06-06

I've run into a frustrating problem which I have no idea as to the cause.
I started setting this up in the morning, and in no time at all had it working fine except for a few "deprecated" errors related to PEAR. I found a fix for that online and had mediafrontpage working perfectly for a few hours, and even changed it to a 3 column layout.

Unfortunately, I saw that my version was outdated, so I decided to just remove everything (besides the config so I could copy paste to avoid re-entering everything).
After deleting it all, I simply extracted the new version into my htdocs folder and then set up the config correctly.

Now, every time I try to load the page, the navbar at the top gets no menu items added to it, and right below it I get this error:
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: xbmcjsonservice in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmcjsonlib.php on line 4Notice: Undefined variable: xbmcjsonservice in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmcjsonlib.php on line 5

Despite saying that, all the widgets related to XBMC work perfectly.
A few widgets, such as the upcoming episodes and the hard drive widget refuse to show any data.

Upcoming episodes widget throws no errors, it simply remains blank, which is odd since it's set up perfectly with sickbeard and nothing has been changed since it was working earlier.

Another issue is that it's impossible to drag and drop the widgets like it was previously.

This has frustrated me so much that I even uninstalled xampp, reinistalled it, and even tried older versions of MFP, including the one I used previously.

I simply can't understand why even with an entirely clean install, it still throws the above mentioned error and hides all links in the navbar, disallows me from moving the widgets.
It's also odd that the errors are all related to xbmcjsonservice, since as I said, all XBMC widgets work flawlessly.

Anyone have an idea as to what could cause this?

- DejaVu - 2011-06-06

kougi Wrote:I've run into a frustrating problem which I have no idea as to the cause.
I started setting this up in the morning, and in no time at all had it working fine except for a few "deprecated" errors related to PEAR. I found a fix for that online and had mediafrontpage working perfectly for a few hours, and even changed it to a 3 column layout.

Unfortunately, I saw that my version was outdated, so I decided to just remove everything (besides the config so I could copy paste to avoid re-entering everything).
After deleting it all, I simply extracted the new version into my htdocs folder and then set up the config correctly.

Now, every time I try to load the page, the navbar at the top gets no menu items added to it, and right below it I get this error:
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: xbmcjsonservice in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmcjsonlib.php on line 4Notice: Undefined variable: xbmcjsonservice in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmcjsonlib.php on line 5

Despite saying that, all the widgets related to XBMC work perfectly.
A few widgets, such as the upcoming episodes and the hard drive widget refuse to show any data.

Upcoming episodes widget throws no errors, it simply remains blank, which is odd since it's set up perfectly with sickbeard and nothing has been changed since it was working earlier.

Another issue is that it's impossible to drag and drop the widgets like it was previously.

This has frustrated me so much that I even uninstalled xampp, reinistalled it, and even tried older versions of MFP, including the one I used previously.

I simply can't understand why even with an entirely clean install, it still throws the above mentioned error and hides all links in the navbar, disallows me from moving the widgets.
It's also odd that the errors are all related to xbmcjsonservice, since as I said, all XBMC widgets work flawlessly.

Anyone have an idea as to what could cause this?

Yes

XAMPP and MFP does not play nice - as discussed earlier (about 5 pages back), switch to 'The Uniform Server'.

Then go through the config.php and make sure everything is typed correctly, especially your port to XBMC (and that it does not clash with SabNZB!)

As for the Widget's not moving, you must have edited something and broke the Jquery by mistake.

Jquery in MFP is an issue as it is very sensitive to minor changes and needs a large clean up and will be getting an overhaul at the next milestone.

You should -
Re-download everything and start from scratch. Even delete your old Config and add the values in again. The old one has been completely scraped and a few things are different in the new one. Smile

Again though, make sure to use Uniform Server in Windows.

- kougi - 2011-06-06

Thank you for the above advice. I installed the uniform server and had MFP working perfectly within a few minutes. A massive relief considering the hours of debugging and googling fixes for the non-stop errors on XAMPP.

Happy to finally have it working now.

Edit: Just a quick quick question; the screenshot on the front page has the Upcoming episodes looking a lot better than the default widget's layout - is the CSS for it available anywhere?

- LiLChris - 2011-06-06

First off I want to say what you have done is amazing! Smile
Though I have a tiny problem...

When I try to play any movie or tv show it won't start up.
All the controls in the Widget Control work though, even added an Exit link.

Not sure what I need to change to get it to play from the web ui. Sad

- DejaVu - 2011-06-06

kougi Wrote:Thank you for the above advice. I installed the uniform server and had MFP working perfectly within a few minutes. A massive relief considering the hours of debugging and googling fixes for the non-stop errors on XAMPP.

Happy to finally have it working now.

Edit: Just a quick quick question; the screenshot on the front page has the Upcoming episodes looking a lot better than the default widget's layout - is the CSS for it available anywhere?
Glad you have it sorted!
Just select poster view under Coming Episodes in Sickbeard and it should look like the front page.

LiLChris Wrote:First off I want to say what you have done is amazing! Smile
Though I have a tiny problem...

When I try to play any movie or tv show it won't start up.
All the controls in the Widget Control work though, even added an Exit link.

Not sure what I need to change to get it to play from the web ui. Sad
It's easier if you let us know what system you are using. I would image it could be a cAsE sEnSiTiVe issue in the Config.php file. Linux can whinge about it, I think Windows should cope fine.

What settings are you showing in the "Programs Section" and "XBMC Section" of your config?
I'm a little confused as to how this can happen as the default-config-new.php that Gugahoi created should have solved these types of issues.