Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- LiLChris - 2011-06-07

Windows 7
XAMMP
Latest released build

Everything works even pause, play, forward from the Now Playing widget...It just doesn't let me start a fresh movie/show from the other widgets.

PHP Code:
$GLOBAL_MACHINE      false;

$GLOBAL_USER_PASS    false;

$GLOBAL_IP           '';

$GLOBAL_USER         '';

$GLOBAL_PASS         '';

$REVERSE_PROXY       false;

$XBMC_WEBROOT        'XBMC';

$SICKBEARD_WEBROOT   '';

$COUCHPOTATO_WEBROOT '';

$SABNZBD_WEBROOT     '';

$UTORRENT_WEBROOT    '';

$JDOWNLOADER_WEBROOT '';

$TRANSMISSION_WEBROOT'';

/* XBMC Section*/

$XBMC_IP             '192.168.13.1';

$XBMC_PORT           '4040';

$XBMC_USERNAME       '****';

$XBMC_PASS           '***'

- DejaVu - 2011-06-07

I maybe wrong, but I think it's because you have set the $XBMC_WEBROOT variable when Reverse Proxy is not being used. Try deleting XBMC from the variable and see if it fixes it.

(It should do, I just recreated the scenario and mine stopped working too! Wink)

--EDIT--
As per this page regarding XAMPP. Some have reported issues. If it does not solve it. Use The Uniform Server. Smile

- LiLChris - 2011-06-07

PHP Code:
$XBMC_WEBROOT        ''

If you meant like that, then I did but nothing, still didn't work. Sad

- DejaVu - 2011-06-07

I've been kicking around the code trying to find anything mundane to take on, but cannot seem to find anything I can even understand at the moment.

I did consider 'skinning' the server check page to look like it opens in a widget prior to opening MediaFrontPage. But that idea went alsorts of wrong as I could not get it to look right using HTML and CSS.

I will probably try and have another go...

Any news on the MFP Login page lately?

- DejaVu - 2011-06-07

LiLChris Wrote:
PHP Code:
$XBMC_WEBROOT        ''

If you meant like that, then I did but nothing, still didn't work. Sad

In XBMC, under Network, do you have 'Allow Other Programs to Control XBMC' enabled? And HTTP one...?
I usually enable everything in there. Smile

Mind you, that seems like it is if it allows the Now Playing Widget to interact...! Eek

- LiLChris - 2011-06-07

DejaVu Wrote:In XBMC, under Network, do you have 'Allow Other Programs to Control XBMC' enabled? And HTTP one...?
I usually enable everything in there. Smile

Mind you, that seems like it is if it allows the Now Playing Widget to interact...! Eek

Yea all that is enabled, if not I am sure the other widgets wouldn't work properly.
Also always been able to control my XBMC from my iPhone by using the web apps and from other PCs outside the network.

It has to be something minor I just don't know what. Sad

- SleepyP - 2011-06-07

For access from outside your LAN you should be using the public URLs in your MFP config. So like if your public URL for your server root is something.no-ip.com and you're using /couchpotato for your proxied Couch Potato location, then something.no-ip.com/couchpotato is the address you can go to from outside your LAN to get to CouchPotato. If you use an IP, it will fail to work from outside your LAN, unless its a public IP (which is highly doubtful).
steve1977 Wrote:This is good to know. I have always been using your fork. Will switch to the official from now on.

Did you try it outside your home network? For me, it works as long as I am in my home network, but not remotely.

- gugahoi - 2011-06-07

LiLChris Wrote:Yea all that is enabled, if not I am sure the other widgets wouldn't work properly.
Also always been able to control my XBMC from my iPhone by using the web apps and from other PCs outside the network.

It has to be something minor I just don't know what. Sad

What XBMC version are you using?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-06-07

DejaVu Wrote:I've been kicking around the code trying to find anything mundane to take on, but cannot seem to find anything I can even understand at the moment.

I did consider 'skinning' the server check page to look like it opens in a widget prior to opening MediaFrontPage. But that idea went alsorts of wrong as I could not get it to look right using HTML and CSS.

I will probably try and have another go...

Any news on the MFP Login page lately?

Login works on my repo. Busy updating it now so my repo is same as master plus login. It doesn't interact at all with the widgets like was mention before. It just logs in, logs out.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-06-07

Gugahoi two things. On the welcome screen can we check that layout is writable? And can't we have layout.php as an actual file. Currently the user has to rename default-layout for no particular reason which just makes things confusing.

- gugahoi - 2011-06-07

_Mikie_ Wrote:Gugahoi two things. On the welcome screen can we check that layout is writable? And can't we have layout.php as an actual file. Currently the user has to rename default-layout for no particular reason which just makes things confusing.

1) Yep, we can the same way we do for when saving the layout --> is_writable('path/to/file'). I think we can even chmod from from php.

2) Not exactly sure in why, Nick would have to answer that one. Maybe it's just so that it doesn't overwrite your current layout when doing a git pull. That's the only reasonable reason I can think of.

When you're Login system is ready, send a pull request. I think it is a very good implementation!

Sleepy, been meaning to ask, any chance we can open a file with a text editor from php? Something like a command line thing like you did with ping and what not...?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-06-07

gugahoi Wrote:1) Yep, we can the same way we do for when saving the layout --> is_writable('path/to/file'). I think we can even chmod from from php.

2) Not exactly sure in why, Nick would have to answer that one. Maybe it's just so that it doesn't overwrite your current layout when doing a git pull. That's the only reasonable reason I can think of.

When you're Login system is ready, send a pull request. I think it is a very good implementation!

Sleepy, been meaning to ask, any chance we can open a file with a text editor from php? Something like a command line thing like you did with ping and what not...?

1) http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_filesystem_chmod.asp

Can we add that in then to chmod the layout.php

2) http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/func_filesystem_rename.asp

Can we rename defualt-layout.php to layout.php if layout.php doesn't exist. This can happen on first run. Then there won't be a layout.php on git so if u git pull you won't overwrite but new users won't have to rename it manually. It will also then chmod it via point 1 and mean users won't have to worry about that.

With regards to the question to Sleepy. I'm guessing this is to open the config.php file one first run. I couldn't find a way to open the file but what i thought of was opening it with this http://www.cdolivet.com/index.php?page=editArea&sess=ee84fff266509828aed2e9b7cf3cd8c9 and then users could just run it immediately and it would ask them to edit it and then save as config.php.

EDIT: Maybe this is a bit of an overkill. A normal text area might do better.

I'm busy with some other stuff at the mo and trying to get authentication to work properly but once I'm done with all that I'll give this stuff a bush if someone else hasn't done it yet.Smile

- _Mikie_ - 2011-06-07

Ran into a minor problem with authentication. If you enable it before first run it misses out the server checks. Don't know how to get around this. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Once that's sorted it can be added to main repo

- _Mikie_ - 2011-06-07

Okay got the layout sorted. Please could someone check it works

https://github.com/Mikie-Ghost/mediafrontpage

Just download and run. DON'T rename default-layout. It should rename it for you. Also check that once it says layout found and chmodded that it is actually chmodded correctly (remove some widgets and see if no errors occur.)

Thanks

- DejaVu - 2011-06-08

Ignore my ramblings. Didnt read recent replies! Wink

Mikie's auto renaming on layout.php works flawlessly and chmod 'ing works a treat! Smile