Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- stoli - 2010-12-28

tormi Wrote:Thanks for answers, they are all correct. Still I'd like the plot to show right away though. At least I feel it should show up quicker than it does.

You can edit Viewtype_SlimFiles.xml, line 361 and 366 and change the delay="6000" to a lower number (6000 = 6 seconds)
tormi Wrote:Other than that I am working on the Norwegian translation. I'd like to take a look at the Swedish though, that one should be somewhat similar to the Norwegian ones. Just for reference check.

It's in /addons/skin.neon/languages/norwegian.

Thanks!

- stoli - 2010-12-28

Kalliban Wrote:Absolutely, change it to MPAA!

May not be that easy... It's not using the mpaa from the strings - I'll have to look into this a little more.

Kalliban Wrote:One thing I did notice: The weather on the first page is still connected to the clock so there's no way of showing the clock without the weather. The global weather option only changes if the weather should show everywhere else too. There should be a option to disable weather on the home screen as well.

Fixed.

Still debating the whole progress bar/minutes remaining.... Huh

- Helter_Skelter - 2010-12-29

stoli Wrote:@Helter_Skelter - maybe when I rework the info screen. I'm trying not to add too many options to prevent bloat and performance issues.

No problem man Wink

Am i wrong or there's no flags on tv shows episodes?

- stoli - 2010-12-29

Helter_Skelter Wrote:No problem man Wink

Am i wrong or there's no flags on tv shows episodes?

Unless something broke there should be flags... I don't have any access at the moment, but I know at least the "Episode" view has them.

- stoli - 2010-12-29

Kalliban Wrote:Yes, but I was thinking about the first 3 seconds. As you stated before you use it to just check real quick without all the stuff cluttering the screen. What I mean is that maybe you could allow the progress bar or "time remaining" to be shown there as well as the clock and the "end time"? Smile

I agree that the cover, title etc do not have to be shown during the first seconds but what I usually want when pressing "i" is to see how much is left of the movie Smile

You have your feature. :-) It will display the progress bar at the top until the progress bar on the bottom appears. I'm not sure if I have the positioning right as I don't have a 16x9 monitor available at the moment.

- Kalliban - 2010-12-29

stoli Wrote:You have your feature. :-) It will display the progress bar at the top until the progress bar on the bottom appears. I'm not sure if I have the positioning right as I don't have a 16x9 monitor available at the moment.

Sweet! Thank you! Big Grin Although it doesn't hide at the same time as the clock and end time if keeping it up for a second? Huh

- stoli - 2010-12-29

The_Dogg Wrote:One thing that would be great is that you could close all dialogs witht he back button, I dont have the escape button mapped on my remote and I know in some skins (ie Alaska) you can close all dialogs with the back button. For example I couldn't exit the video calibration with back.

You might want to double check in Alaska - you can't exit the calibration with back there either. I believe this is more of a xbmc issue that it is a skin issue. From some quick tests, the open/close esc vs. back seem to function pretty much the same across all skins.

Thanks,

- stoli - 2010-12-29

Kalliban Wrote:Sweet! Thank you! Big Grin Although it doesn't hide at the same time as the clock and end time if keeping it up for a second? Huh

Still working on that one. If you close it out right away, it closes with the time, but if it is open for more than a second or two, it hangs around.... Huh

Edit: Fixed and pushed to git.

Kalliban Wrote:I have a question.. Or maybe more of a curiosity.. Why does the fanart-background stretch sideways when entering the info-screen for a movie? Huh

Also fixed.

Update: Change Episode view - removed glow and moved background/shading behind text for better legibility.

- Kalliban - 2010-12-29

stoli Wrote:Still working on that one. If you close it out right away, it closes with the time, but if it is open for more than a second or two, it hangs around.... Huh

Edit: Fixed and pushed to git.

Also fixed.

Update: Change Episode view - removed glow and moved background/shading behind text for better legibility.

You work fast! Great job! Nod

- stoli - 2010-12-29

Kalliban Wrote:You work fast! Great job! Nod

Slow work week so it makes it easy to get little things done. Now if I could just fire up photoshop and spend the day working on some views.... Nod

- The_Dogg - 2010-12-30

stoli Wrote:You might want to double check in Alaska - you can't exit the calibration with back there either. I believe this is more of a xbmc issue that it is a skin issue. From some quick tests, the open/close esc vs. back seem to function pretty much the same across all skins.

Thanks,

You are right, it doesnt work in alaska either, I'm pretty sure it was working before, I will try to go back a few builds to see if I'm not crazy

- tormi - 2010-12-30

stoli Wrote:You can edit Viewtype_SlimFiles.xml, line 361 and 366 and change the delay="6000" to a lower number (6000 = 6 seconds)

It's in /addons/skin.neon/languages/norwegian.

Thanks!

So it is already translated to Norwegian?! Well shame on me for not checking, as I was well on my way before I found out Smile

- wimpy - 2010-12-30

not sure if suggestions etc are welcome, but here goes:

would it be possible for more information to pop up once the cover has emerged?

also. i'm encountering some strange movement while browsing tvshows views after ended episode. to move to the next or previous item i have to press twice on left (or right) as the first keypress highlights the item? is this a known issue? (using the same view for tvshows as the one in the picture above)

* play an episode.
* episode is finished (or i press 'x')
* i try to move to next episode (next item to the right)
* item refocuses and i need to press right again to move it away.

i'm tired. not sure if this was understandable Tongue

- pino71 - 2010-12-30

Hi to all, i use this beautiful skin with Dharma. But when i launch the Apple Trailers plugin the font are too small. It's possibile to enlarge the font dimension?

Thank you.

- stoli - 2010-12-30

tormi Wrote:So it is already translated to Norwegian?! Well shame on me for not checking, as I was well on my way before I found out Smile

That was a typo on my part - you has asked about looking at the Swedish translation and that's what I meant to enter instead of Norwegian. The translation has not been done yet, so your contribution is still needed.

Thanks,