Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- supertom44 - 2011-01-10

Cheers, and not need to apologise, its cool to hear that you were working on a new view even if it didnt pan out lol.

For me personally I always use the media flags to see whether its dvd or blu ray, never been a fan of cases, but as long as there optional I don't see there being an issue.

- smilenkovski - 2011-01-10

I'm not sure that Neon skin should have Covers at all.
Let's go back to pause and info screen.
What we have now is IMO mixed situation. No info nor pause.
If you want to see time (time left, watch etc) you just press space and while movie paused you can find anything on time issue but, if you want to see some info on the movie you press I and you get some basic info (director, rating etc).
Simple as this.
Thank you stoli for continued support on this skin.

- stoli - 2011-01-10

smilenkovski Wrote:I'm not sure that Neon skin should have Covers at all.
Let's go back to pause and info screen.
What we have now is IMO mixed situation. No info nor pause.
If you want to see time (time left, watch etc) you just press space and while movie paused you can find anything on time issue but, if you want to see some info on the movie you press I and you get some basic info (director, rating etc).
Simple as this.
Thank you stoli for continued support on this skin.

I forgot to add the new info to the pause screen - will do that now. :-)

- stoli - 2011-01-10

supertom44 Wrote:Cheers, and not need to apologise, its cool to hear that you were working on a new view even if it didnt pan out lol.

For me personally I always use the media flags to see whether its dvd or blu ray, never been a fan of cases, but as long as there optional I don't see there being an issue.

I think I will add them just in certain views - they certainly do not belong in wall or panel views. List, showcase and possibly poster should suffice.

But I'm with you, flags tell me what I want to know. I'm also considering just a small blueray/HD logo overlay instead of the bulky case...

- tanqu2000 - 2011-01-10

How do you add this to a mac?

stoli Wrote:I think I will add them just in certain views - they certainly do not belong in wall or panel views. List, showcase and possibly poster should suffice.

But I'm with you, flags tell me what I want to know. I'm also considering just a small blueray/HD logo overlay instead of the bulky case...

I'd say cases only in showcase view and then you could use the small overlay for the list.

One cheeky request, have you seen the modifcation night has for the panel view where you can view it with 6 posters like Neon or more posters.

Damn I suck at explaining lol, like this:

- stoli - 2011-01-10

tanqu2000 Wrote:How do you add this to a mac?

Use this link to install the Passion repository. Save that file and then in xbmc goto settings > addons > install from Zip file and point to that file.

Once the repo is installed, goto Get Addons - Passion XBMC Repo (or something like that) and then the Skins section and you will see Neon.

Thanks,

- stoli - 2011-01-10

supertom44 Wrote:One cheeky request, have you seen the modifcation night has for the panel view where you can view it with 6 posters like Neon or more posters.

So what's the request? Would it be ok for you to add in this view from Night? Why of course it would be grand, send up the modded xml and I'll add it right in! Shocked

I'll take a look... Laugh

Well basically yeh lol, if I could mod it myself I'd try but about the only thing Ive been able to do is add a logo to some of my favourite views lol.

- tormi - 2011-01-11

stoli Wrote:What's the consensus on DVD/Bluray case overlays? I've only added them to the slim list view so far but if they are liked, I'll add them in all views before submitting for acceptance in the repo.

Well my 5 cents are that I love the covers. Bring 'em Smile

- Helter_Skelter - 2011-01-11

i can't see next aired episodes...the addon is enable...what i have to do?

- stoli - 2011-01-11

Helter_Skelter Wrote:i can't see next aired episodes...the addon is enable...what i have to do?

Get me to fix it... Smile

- stoli - 2011-01-12

Just a minor update today - I did a bunch of library updates this weekend and decided I really hated the thumbnail and fanart preview/download windows, so I redid it. Smile

Thumbnail:

Fanart:

Image.

Also added default addon icons (straight from Confluence) and updated the selection/menu focus buttons - again from Confluence with some color adjustments.

Fixed Episode view so TvTunes doesn't display
Updated music overlays
Cosmetic fixes.
Keyboard now reflects skin colors

And I'm sure I broke something else along the way... Smile

More to come this week....

- Helter_Skelter - 2011-01-13

nice work man!

How about adding also get logo?

sorry if i bother you, but i really like your skin...Big Grin

also the script logo is not working...

- stoli - 2011-01-13

Helter_Skelter Wrote:nice work man!

How about adding also get logo?

sorry if i bother you, but i really like your skin...Big Grin

also the script logo is not working...

Get logo is there - just scroll to the right when viewing tv show info.

It appears there is an issue today with the logo script. I tried it in Neon and didn't appear to work, switched to Night with the same results, when back to Neon and then the logo selection screen came up, selected it and it took a full 5 minutes for the list of logos to appear... Never did download one though.

I should be able to get to Next Aired today. Smile

Thanks,