Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- stoli - 2011-01-13

Helter_Skelter Wrote:i can't see next aired episodes...the addon is enable...what i have to do?

It's there and working - just need to add it to some other views.

- supertom44 - 2011-01-13

Is it possible to have the titles for the new episodes scroll?

At the moment if the title is long than the width of the thumb the end gets cut off, would be cool if the title scrolled, but only when the thumb is highlighted, dont want them all scrolling at the same time would be a nightmare lol.

- stoli - 2011-01-13

supertom44 Wrote:Is it possible to have the titles for the new episodes scroll?

At the moment if the title is long than the width of the thumb the end gets cut off, would be cool if the title scrolled, but only when the thumb is highlighted, dont want them all scrolling at the same time would be a nightmare lol.

I assume you are talking about recently added on the home screen? I'll look at making the field longer - I really don't like the idea of any more scrolling text on the home screen.

- joelones - 2011-01-14

I apologize it's this been answered already, I tried reading through the last 40 pages....

My info button seems to not be functioning correctly with this skin when in a movie or tv show (works fine in night). Multiple key presses do not bring up the info screen and when it does it's after a long delay. Not sure if that's the intended behaviour.

Great skin btw.

- supertom44 - 2011-01-14

stoli Wrote:I assume you are talking about recently added on the home screen? I'll look at making the field longer - I really don't like the idea of any more scrolling text on the home screen.

Sorry should have been more clear, I meant on the tv show screen when using views that support it like the fanart view.

Like in this pic most of the titles are cut off, its nothing major as most the time I can guess what they say.

- The_Dogg - 2011-01-14

a fix for the title too long on the recently added on the home screen would be nice Wink

also small thing, the red on the volume control gets out of the border a little bit, see screenshotImage

I know it's not really important Smile

- stoli - 2011-01-14

joelones Wrote:I apologize it's this been answered already, I tried reading through the last 40 pages....

My info button seems to not be functioning correctly with this skin when in a movie or tv show (works fine in night). Multiple key presses do not bring up the info screen and when it does it's after a long delay. Not sure if that's the intended behaviour.

Great skin btw.

The delay is by design. The idea behind it being my own preferences Smile. 99% of the time I use the info button it is just to get the current time and end time and I could care less about the rest of the details. If I want more, it displays in 3 seconds. I'll think about making the delay optional...

supertom44 Wrote:Sorry should have been more clear, I meant on the tv show screen when using views that support it like the fanart view.

The_Dogg Wrote:a fix for the title too long on the recently added on the home screen would be nice Wink

I'll work on that this weekend. I really don't like the current presentation of the new episodes, so I may just rework it completely. I'm thinking of just a flag/overlay that indicates there are new episodes and then the up arrow or something will display the details of the episodes...

The_Dogg Wrote:also small thing, the red on the volume control gets out of the border a little bit, see screenshot

I know it's not really important Smile

Volume has been reworked and is less obtrusive now. Added to the top center of the screen and no longer has the overlay/border.

Other minor tweaks submitted today as well.

Thanks,

- Mrono - 2011-01-15

I'm having a problem when using neon pulled from the passion repo. Every ~10 times I open XBMC it runs for about a minute then goes black, nothing works till i hit escape, it then goes back to the home screen but neon is gone and the skin is the default one. It's completely deleted from the system and I must go download it again from the repo. I'm attempting to reinstall XBMC with the same user settings and install neon from github, will report back with results.

Neon SVN version: 1295038674
XBMC version: 10.0 r35647

- stoli - 2011-01-15

@Mrono - It's an unfortunate bug with the auto-update aspect of the addons. If you switch to another skin and then update Neon it will be fine. Hopefully this will be fixed sooner rather than later.

- The_Dogg - 2011-01-15

I just pulled from git, and I checked the dvd/bluray cases in slim list, they are looking good. I would love to see them in poster view. also in poster view since you see the side of the dvdcase (currently black) could you have a blue one for the bluray?

- stoli - 2011-01-15

The_Dogg Wrote:I just pulled from git, and I checked the dvd/bluray cases in slim list, they are looking good. I would love to see them in poster view. also in poster view since you see the side of the dvdcase (currently black) could you have a blue one for the bluray?

I'm going to try and get a lot done on the views this weekend so that may be a possibility. First is a matter of going through each view in each possible scenario (show, season, episode, music, artist, etc) and fixing errors - and there are a lot. Once I get that done, I'll look to new features like the dvd covers.

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-01-16

Good afternoon to all of you
How can i have the date-year in full in the Home screen as it is shown in the Night Skin i.e Sun, 16 Jan 2011 including the time ?
Tks for your attention....................

- stoli - 2011-01-16

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good afternoon to all of you
How can i have the date-year in full in the Home screen as it is shown in the Night Skin i.e Sun, 16 Jan 2011 including the time ?
Tks for your attention....................

Edit the includes.xml file at line 282 insert the code in bold red below (I included to whole section to make it a little easier to find):
Code:
<include name="Global_Time">
    <control type="group">
        <posx>1260</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <include>Animation_BackdropFade</include>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(weather_info) + !Skin.HasSetting(no_clock) + [Window.IsActive(Home) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus + !Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)] | Window.IsActive(106) | Window.IsActive(29)]</visible>
            <control type="label">
                <width>300</width>
                <font>Font_RSS_Unicode</font>
                <textcolor>mainblue</textcolor>
                <label>[color=white]$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.Temperature)]$INFO[System.TemperatureUnits]  [/color][color=mainblue]$INFO[System.Time(hh:mmxx)][/color]</label>
                <align>right</align>
            </control>
            [color=Sienna][i][b]<control type="label">
                <posy>30</posy>  
                <width>300</width>
                <font>Font_Neon_20</font>
                <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                <info>System.Date</info>
                <align>right</align>
            </control>[/b][/i][/color]
        </control>

EDIT: I've updated GIT with this same code commented out. You just remove the two "<!-- Remove this code" comments to add the date to the home screen.

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-01-16

Edit the includes.xml file at line 282 insert the code in bold below:

@ Stoli thanks a lot. I love your Skin. Keep on updating your skin.
May we Have the BD-DVD cases in the Poster-Showcase as well ?

EDIT Sorry for my silly question. Where can i find the includes.xml

- stoli - 2011-01-16

Assuming your are on Windows:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.neon\720p