Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- stoli - 2011-01-28

@tormi - every view I checked the watched overlay worked for TV and Movies. Are you using the passion repo? If so, I'd suggest re-downloading the entire skin as there are known issues with automatic updates of skins and the repos.

Updates:

- Much larger font size on the keyboard. It may be a little too large now, I'll have to check it on the big screen when I get home.
- Removed CD cases in the music visualization - still needs some work but I was tired of looking at the cases.
- Update notification dialog
- I'm sure there are other updates I am forgetting about.

1.0 is just around the corner....

Thanks,

- MidnightWatcher - 2011-01-28

The Add-Ons background has a white vertical line on the far right edge of the picture (at least I think it's the Add-Ons background pic, I'm at work and trying to remember). Those of us who do not overscan will plainly see this line. Would it be possible to update the default background pic for Add-Ons in the 1.0 release?

I also really like the Showcase view for browsing through movies, but it seems to be a little bit jerky when scrolling.

- stoli - 2011-01-28

MidnightWatcher Wrote:The Add-Ons background has a white vertical line on the far right edge of the picture (at least I think it's the Add-Ons background pic, I'm at work and trying to remember). Those of us who do not overscan will plainly see this line. Would it be possible to update the default background pic for Add-Ons in the 1.0 release?

I also really like the Showcase view for browsing through movies, but it seems to be a little bit jerky when scrolling.

Thanks for reminding me! Fixed and pushed to git.

EDIT: I just pushed another update in preparation for 1.0 - this update removes the icons for Movie and Music genres. If you like those icons, make a backup before updating. They are located in skin.neon/media/extras/moviegenres and musicgenres respectively. I will be making these available as a separate download. I could not justify these icons making up over 1/4th of the size of the overall skin.

- stoli - 2011-01-30

Working on a new view - ripped directly from Confluence. Smile

Movies:

TV Fanart:

TV Banner:

TV Poster:

- tormi - 2011-01-30

stoli Wrote:@tormi - every view I checked the watched overlay worked for TV and Movies. Are you using the passion repo? If so, I'd suggest re-downloading the entire skin as there are known issues with automatic updates of skins and the repos.

Updates:

- Much larger font size on the keyboard. It may be a little too large now, I'll have to check it on the big screen when I get home.
- Removed CD cases in the music visualization - still needs some work but I was tired of looking at the cases.
- Update notification dialog
- I'm sure there are other updates I am forgetting about.

1.0 is just around the corner....

Thanks,

Watched overlays works for me again. Guess the last update fixed it for me.

Love the larger keyboard!

Really looking forward to the new TV Banner view + 1.0 Smile

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-01-30

Good afternoon to all of you
Because of few problems i deleted the xbmc and then i reinstalled it.
But now i see that when i am in the movies i do not see any more at the right and low position of the screen the total number-summary of my movies and the date-time as well as it was shown before.
The global date and time is enabled.
What am i missing?

- stoli - 2011-01-30

Git Updated 01/30/2011:
v.9.0.0

Version 1.0 Release Date March 2, 2011

Tons of fixes and updates over the past month.

- New View added "Media Info" - ispired and ripped from Confluence
- New Colors Addded
- All new controls in the Music and Video OSD - More Confluence influence. Smile
- Poke around, I'm sure you will find more.

Music "Media Info":

New Video OSD (straight out of Confluence) Smile

- Kalliban - 2011-01-30

stoli Wrote:Git Updated 01/30/2011:
v.9.0.0

Version 1.0 Release Date March 2, 2011

Tons of fixes and updates over the past month.

- New View added "Media Info" - ispired and ripped from Confluence
- New Colors Addded
- All new controls in the Music and Video OSD - More Confluence influence. Smile
- Poke around, I'm sure you will find more.

Great news Stoli! The skin just keeps getting better and better Smile

I have a issue with the "new" (the one from confluence) video OSD though. I can't seem to get to the subtitle plugin button? The option is enabled to view the button, but I'm not able to select it... Huh

- stoli - 2011-01-30

Kalliban Wrote:Great news Stoli! The skin just keeps getting better and better Smile

I have a issue with the "new" (the one from confluence) video OSD though. I can't seem to get to the subtitle plugin button? The option is enabled to view the button, but I'm not able to select it... Huh

I'll have to enable the pluggin and test it out. As soon as I finish breaking my latest batch of updates I'll get it. Smile

@ Stoli
Any reply regarding my post 486 ?
Thanks a lot

- stoli - 2011-01-30

Subtitles have been fixed and more updates pushed to git.

@SALAMINOMACHOS - there was an issue with it in Showcase view, but should have been fine in all other views where is it configured to be. There are a few where it just doesn't fit and is not enabled.

What view doesn't it work for you on?

Enjoy!

Stoli Hi again
It is in showcase-posters. They are the only ones i use.
It was fine till last night but today it does not work
Tks again for your reply

I do not know what happens Now it appears in the upper and right side of the screen but are together with the Extrathumbs

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-01-31

In Posters is very good now.In the upper right side.
But in the Showcase is confused ( if it is the correct English word ) with the extrathumbs..............

- stoli - 2011-01-31

It was fixed in my last update, about an hour ago.

- smilenkovski - 2011-01-31

Hi stoli. Just to say thank you for your work on our favorite skin.
Updating regularly.