Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- stoli - 2011-02-03

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Because due to the hacky way I've had to get XBMC showing my documentaries in my library under a single TV "show", they all now show as movies along with all my real movies, which is a big subtraction to the SAF Sad She doesn't want to see "9-11: The Calls From The Towers" after 7 Pounds and 8 Mile unfortunately.

Create a smart-playlist that only contains your documentaries and then add that playlist as a favorite. Spouse will be happy.

Quote:EDIT: Ignore that second point...just saw your post a few above!

Just add your strm as a favorite, I was mistaken about the source.

- stoli - 2011-02-03

That's right - 10:44pm and 72 degrees! Big Grin
More from Confluence:

- sokar666 - 2011-02-03

hi, this is the first time ive posted, excellent skin by the way

1 quick question, ive been toying with the idea of using the logos view in the tv show section for movies as i am able to get the title treatment for movies but im having difficulty in implementing it.

in short what im after is where you would see the movie poster to be replaced with the just the name of the film (in graphics of course) to match the same view in tv shows where the tv logo/name is at the bottom of the screen.

any help with this would be appreciated.

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-02-03

stoli Wrote:Create a smart-playlist that only contains your documentaries and then add that playlist as a favorite. Spouse will be happy.

You've misunderstood me, it's not the smart-playlist only showing Documentaries that is the issue, it's the smart-playlist only showing the movies I wish to add. I'd like the main movies menu option (the one she uses) to only show the movies.

I did add a favourite for the Docu smart-playlist and added that as a TV submenu in the Settings but it doesn't load up the media browser, it goes straight into playing the first video. Is there a way to bring up the library when it is pressed?

stoli Wrote:Just add your strm as a favorite, I was mistaken about the source.

I created a "Streams" source anyways, just in case I ever add more so not an issue. Thanks for your help.

- stoli - 2011-02-03

sokar666 Wrote:hi, this is the first time ive posted, excellent skin by the way

1 quick question, ive been toying with the idea of using the logos view in the tv show section for movies as i am able to get the title treatment for movies but im having difficulty in implementing it.

in short what im after is where you would see the movie poster to be replaced with the just the name of the film (in graphics of course) to match the same view in tv shows where the tv logo/name is at the bottom of the screen.

What you are looking for is in ViewType_Fanart.xml, in particular around line 233:

Code:
<control type="image" id="7017">
    <visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
    <posx>160</posx>
    <posy>300</posy>
    <width>230</width>
    <height>89</height>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>
    <fadetime>100</fadetime>
    <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
</control>

You will have to change the visibility to include "Container.Content(movies)" and also make some other visibility adjustments in other nearby controls.

This isn't something anyone has tackled yet as there just entirely too many movies to attempt this for in most libraries.

Good luck - let me know if you need some more help.

- stoli - 2011-02-03

IAmNotAUser Wrote:You've misunderstood me, it's not the smart-playlist only showing Documentaries that is the issue, it's the smart-playlist only showing the movies I wish to add. I'd like the main movies menu option (the one she uses) to only show the movies.

I am thoroughly confused. Movies does only show movies.... Since you manually created your nfo's for these documentaries, maybe we should start there and make sure they are correct.

Quote:I did add a favourite for the Docu smart-playlist and added that as a TV submenu in the Settings but it doesn't load up the media browser, it goes straight into playing the first video. Is there a way to bring up the library when it is pressed?

Does a normal playlist do this too, or does it just present the list?

stoli Wrote:I am thoroughly confused. Movies does only show movies.... Since you manually created your nfo's for these documentaries, maybe we should start there and make sure they are correct.

In order for XBMC to recognise these documentaries, I have had to manually create Movie .nfos for them, with a <showlink> tag that links to a "fake" TV show I have created. I have then added the folder containing the documentaries as a Movies source in order for it to recognise the nfos. It then links all the documentaries inside TV under my fake show, outside of the usual Season structure. However, as a consequence of adding them using the Movies content, they now appear inside my movie list, alongside all my actual movies, so I am hoping to create a smart playlist that uses the path as the specification criteria and then hope to link this smart-playlist to the movies link. I hope that explains it a bit better.

stoli Wrote:Does a normal playlist do this too, or does it just present the list?

I didn't test this as I don't have any normal playlists currently set up on my XBMC. I'll give it a test once I get home tonight and get back to you on that.

- stoli - 2011-02-03

@IAmNotAUser - post one of your nfo's when you get a chance - if it is properly formatted for as a tv show, it should not be showing in the movie library.

stoli Wrote:@IAmNotAUser - post one of your nfo's when you get a chance - if it is properly formatted for as a tv show, it should not be showing in the movie library.

It's not. It's formatted as a movie nfo because XBMC refused to recognise a collection of arbitary documentaries inside the same folder and display them under the same show inside the XBMC library, even with a valid tvshow.nfo and valid .nfos for every video. Setting them as movie nfos and including the <showlink> tag is the only way to make them show inside the TV library, all under the same show name.

- stoli - 2011-02-03

I tried. If it works for thousands of other shows and documentaries, you must have something seriously unique. Have you thought giving them detailed file names, adding the folder as a source and not assigning content and then add the folder as a favorite...

stoli Wrote:I tried. If it works for thousands of other shows and documentaries, you must have something seriously unique. Have you thought giving them detailed file names, adding the folder as a source and not assigning content and then add the folder as a favorite...

Yea I did. But then it doesn't show under the library which is the whole outcome I want from this horribly convoluted way of adding single episodes. I don't want to have to say "Highlight TV Shows on the menu to watch any series...but remember to press down and then across x times if you want to watch any documentaries" to everyone who uses my system; especially when I'm not there.

I just want the documentaries to appear under an arbitary name inside the TV library. It wouldn't be a problem if XBMC acknowledged properly formatted .nfos for TV files it can't scrape itself but it doesn't seem to, hence this hack I have had to do.

I was just wondering if there was a way I could modify the skin to point to the smart-playlist I have now created that correctly only shows Movies...but you seem to be suggesting there isn't Sad

- stoli - 2011-02-03

If the shortcut is added to the Main Menu it will show without ever pressing down.

Last try - add your documentaries to thetvdb.com, name your files correctly and scrape and skip the whole nfo idea. That's the best of all worlds. You shows will be where they should be and anyone else that adds the shows to their library will benefit by your contribution to thetvdb.com

Anything more on this, let's take it to your original thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90850

- sokar666 - 2011-02-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokar666 View Post
hi, this is the first time ive posted, excellent skin by the way

What you are looking for is in ViewType_Fanart.xml, in particular around line 233:

Code:

<control type="image" id="7017">
<visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
<posx>160</posx>
<posy>300</posy>
<width>230</width>
<height>89</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>
<fadetime>100</fadetime>
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
</control>

You will have to change the visibility to include "Container.Content(movies)" and also make some other visibility adjustments in other nearby controls.

This isn't something anyone has tackled yet as there just entirely too many movies to attempt this for in most libraries.

Good luck - let me know if you need some more help.

cheers for the reply, yeh that works, i replaced the title with graphics but what i was really afer was the fanart view available in the movies section as well, any help would be appreciated.

if that is not possible would i be able to change the title in poster view to show movie title logo.

- stoli - 2011-02-03

I may have grabbed the wrong section of code - I don't have the app installed here to check it. Search that file for "[ListItem.path]logo.png" and that *should* steer you to the correct section.

- sokar666 - 2011-02-03

right, this is where im upto, i can change the blue movie title to a graphical title treatment which is cool and i can pretty much settle for that.

but ive been trying to figure a way of adding the fanart view in tv shows to the movie section as well to see if it is possible. i just cant find the right code to tell xbmc to show that view in both tv shows and movies

i appreciate all your help but any further wouild again be helpful