Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- tboooe - 2011-02-07

First of all, great looking skin. I really like Aeon and it seems you were able to improve on an already great skin by making a cleaner, simpler looking interface. I have not played with all the features yet but had some initial comments:

1. I enabled lyrics and the path to the script for the music osd but am unable to select the lyric button.

2. the now playing screen shows a the album thumb of the music queue. I think it would be more informative and cleaner if you instead showed a list. This is more appealing especially when you are playing the songs from the same album. In this case, all you see are the same album thumbs shown.

3. on the home music screen, it looks like the 3 most recently added albums are shown. However, unlike the Movie the TV Shows sections, I am not able to scroll through the list. I think it would be more useful if you implemented the same Recently Added function as in Aeon65, a small list box on the right and thumb on the left or next to the list box.

4. would it be possible to relocate the RSS feed, time, and weather? I prefer to have these items docked the home menu bar. I think this is a cleaner, tighter look that is overall more consistent with the look and feel of your great skin.

Again, great skin and I look forward to your upcoming releases!

- krade - 2011-02-07

Just loaded the latest release....the default backgrounds are not showing up on the home menu screen? Anyone else experiencing this? Great skin!

- tboooe - 2011-02-07

Oh one more thing...any plans to add the library stats (total files, unwatched, etc) to the home screen menu bar for each section?

- tormi - 2011-02-07

tboooe Wrote:Oh one more thing...any plans to add the library stats (total files, unwatched, etc) to the home screen menu bar for each section?

Yeah that would be nice.

- tboooe - 2011-02-08

another minor request:

at the moment, when TV shows are watched, there is a simple strikethrough of the title. At least to me, this does not look very appealing. Perhaps a nice and stylish checkmark or icon of an eye would look better?

- sarakha63 - 2011-02-08

First off all great work stoli this is my favorie theme !

I will report somme minor bugs and improvements !!

So im french and i use the french in xbmc

The major bug is in all sections (music, video, images and so on))

If you use the general clock and the poster view

The title of the film is masked by the number of items

Secondly in the home screen the translation is not good to avoid that i suggest to use big letters

instead of "VIDéOS" you should put "VIDEOS" it's the same for "SéRIES TV" and "PARAMéTRES" and "MéTéO"

Then is it possible to have a 3d wall view in music

And finally in the general rss feed in the bottom of the home screen is it possible to delete the sport logo (if we want to use a global rss feed wich is isnt linked to sports results

thanks and great work

- stoli - 2011-02-08

@all - sorry for the lack of response, I've been wrapped up with real life the last couple of days. I'll answer everyone later tonight or tomorrow.

- stoli - 2011-02-09

sarakha63 Wrote:First off all great work stoli this is my favorie theme !

I will report somme minor bugs and improvements !!

So im french and i use the french in xbmc

The major bug is in all sections (music, video, images and so on))

If you use the general clock and the poster view

The title of the film is masked by the number of items

This is known - I should have all the views adjusted by the end of the week for this.
Quote:Secondly in the home screen the translation is not good to avoid that i suggest to use big letters

instead of "VIDéOS" you should put "VIDEOS" it's the same for "SéRIES TV" and "PARAMéTRES" and "MéTéO"

This is a bug in XBMC. I'll check Trac and see what the status is. You could also edit the french strings file to update the translations to not use glyphs.

Quote:Then is it possible to have a 3d wall view in music

Doubtful. I don't really care for wall views, so I can't see spending time coding one. Smile

Quote:And finally in the general rss feed in the bottom of the home screen is it possible to delete the sport logo (if we want to use a global rss feed wich is isnt linked to sports results

thanks and great work

I should be able to add a setting to change the logo, or you can just delete the file bottomline.png from the /skin.neon/media folder.

Thanks,

- stoli - 2011-02-09

krade Wrote:Just loaded the latest release....the default backgrounds are not showing up on the home menu screen? Anyone else experiencing this? Great skin!

All of the images are there. If you used the addon update feature this is probably why. Switch to Confluence and then update the skin. You may have to uninstall and reinstall it.

Thanks,

- sarakha63 - 2011-02-09

another suggestion !!

Would it be possible to add with the numbers of items something like

38 items -11 seen/27 unseen
with the numbers of seen and useen written smaller under the number objects

- boulala - 2011-02-09

Hy Stoli

I have to tell you your Skin is really awesome. Like your work and your so enthusiastic in all the work. Would you mind taking a look at this view from another guy. It seems really nice and with a little fine tuning could become a nice looking view:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=717581&postcount=1

greetings from switzerland
boulala

- clenze - 2011-02-09

First I also want to thank you for this great skin!
I'm experiencing the same problem as kade. Suddenly the default backgrounds were gone. I've installed it freshly on another pc and also have no backgrounds there. The log says: ERROR: Texture manager unable to load fileConfusedpecial://skin/media/backgrounds/addons.jpg (and so on for all .jpg)
Indeed there is no "backgrounds" directory under "media" I have a folder "...skin.neon.svn\backgrounds" which contains only amt.jpg and Music.jpg

- stoli - 2011-02-09

sarakha63 Wrote:another suggestion !!

Would it be possible to add with the numbers of items something like

38 items -11 seen/27 unseen
with the numbers of seen and useen written smaller under the number objects

I'm not sure about this one - it really doesn't provide any real valuable information and will just take up more screen space and would throw off the balance/size of the clock/weather on the right side.

- stoli - 2011-02-09

krade Wrote:Just loaded the latest release....the default backgrounds are not showing up on the home menu screen? Anyone else experiencing this? Great skin!

clenze Wrote:First I also want to thank you for this great skin!
I'm experiencing the same problem as kade. Suddenly the default backgrounds were gone. I've installed it freshly on another pc and also have no backgrounds there. The log says: ERROR: Texture manager unable to load fileConfusedpecial://skin/media/backgrounds/addons.jpg (and so on for all .jpg)
Indeed there is no "backgrounds" directory under "media" I have a folder "...skin.neon.svn\backgrounds" which contains only amt.jpg and Music.jpg

This appears to be an issue with the Passion repository. If you download from the link on the first post (or below), it should be fine. I'll check with ppic and see what might be happening.

Direct Download

EDIT: It does appear to be an issue with the Passion Repo: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=719046#post719046

boulala Wrote:Hy Stoli

I have to tell you your Skin is really awesome. Like your work and your so enthusiastic in all the work. Would you mind taking a look at this view from another guy. It seems really nice and with a little fine tuning could become a nice looking view:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=717581&postcount=1

I'll see what igotdvd's comes up with, but I have to say that is not on any short lists for inclusion. In all honesty I am looking at cutting back on some views and not adding more as it just adds bulk and complexity for future updates.

Thanks,

Disable submenus? - mushupork595 - 2011-02-12

I really enjoy this skin and to me it is just missing one feature. It would be nice to be able to disable some of the default submenus for TV, Movies, Music. There are some I just won't use and it would be nice to remove them to clean things up.

Is that possible?