Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- tboooe - 2011-02-12

Any way to have the extrathumbs cycle? I usually have up to 6 and its cool to see them cycle through.

- stoli - 2011-02-12

mushupork595 Wrote:I really enjoy this skin and to me it is just missing one feature. It would be nice to be able to disable some of the default submenus for TV, Movies, Music. There are some I just won't use and it would be nice to remove them to clean things up.

Is that possible?

You could edit the Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml and remove the references to the unwanted items. You'd be looking for <control type="wraplist" id="9012"> and edit in there for TV Shows. Not the easiest thing, but a good challenge to start with editing a skin. Smile

@All - I've updated the Now Playing for Music and adjusted the views where the folder counts were covering the titles of items.

@tboooe - I don't have any plans to add cycling of the thumbs. Mods welcome. Smile

More updates to follow this weekend.

- tboooe - 2011-02-13

Are these bugs??

In order to scroll through the latest movies on the home screen I have to first press down then up. Also, it seems I cant scroll through the latest added music at all?

The latest tv show added on the home screen does not show the thumbnail even though one exists. If another show is added, the thumbnail will show however, most recently added tv show never shows the thumb.

- stoli - 2011-02-13

tboooe Wrote:Are these bugs??

In order to scroll through the latest movies on the home screen I have to first press down then up. Also, it seems I cant scroll through the latest added music at all?

The latest tv show added on the home screen does not show the thumbnail even though one exists. If another show is added, the thumbnail will show however, most recently added tv show never shows the thumb.

Bug indeed - I keep forgetting to get that one since I don't use the latest added other than for screen shots. Smile

Maybe tomorrow...

Thanks,

- tboooe - 2011-02-13

GREAT thank you Stoli!!!! For people like me with big libraries, the Recently Added widget is very useful. Much easier browsing that short list than a huge 30K song music library. Again, thank you.

- stoli - 2011-02-13

tboooe Wrote:GREAT thank you Stoli!!!! For people like me with big libraries, the Recently Added widget is very useful. Much easier browsing that short list than a huge 30K song music library. Again, thank you.

This is for the most part fixed now. Everything behaves correctly except Music for some hair pulling reason. Down and up is still required to get to the recently added music. I'll have to revisit this one with fresh eyes. I have Movies and TV working correctly and Music mimics them but for the life of me I can't figure out why <onup> for music recently added doesn't work right...

@All - I've begun removing support for the Home Menu bar in the middle of the screen. It's just a PITA to maintain two sets of code and most people move it to the bottom anyway.

Thanks,
Jager time Smile

- snyft - 2011-02-14

Updated to latest version from passion repo and now i cant see anything in the homescreen. Settings and etc works fine tho.
I'm using Xbmc live if it mathers...

- stoli - 2011-02-14

The repo doesn't seem to be working quite right at the moment (I have no control over it). Try downloading from the link on the first page.

Thanks,

- stoli - 2011-02-14

snyft Wrote:Updated to latest version from passion repo and now i cant see anything in the homescreen. Settings and etc works fine tho.
I'm using Xbmc live if it mathers...

Ok, so there is an off chance that I screwed up and pushed a bad build. :-) Shocked

I think I have fixed it - just make sure you have the option in Settings > Skin > Home > Set Home Menu to bottom.

I'll get it cleaned up the rest of the way as soon as I can. Blush

Thanks,

- snyft - 2011-02-15

Ok, will try it tomorrow. Thanks for your good work Smile

- mushupork595 - 2011-02-15

stoli Wrote:You could edit the Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml and remove the references to the unwanted items. You'd be looking for <control type="wraplist" id="9012"> and edit in there for TV Shows. Not the easiest thing, but a good challenge to start with editing a skin. Smile

Cool, I'll start playing around with that. Thanks!

- stoli - 2011-02-15

How long ago did you download? I fixed it about and hour and a half ago. Also, as noted, make sure you set the menu to the bottom in settings.

- snyft - 2011-02-15

It works fine now with the newest update from passion repo. Nice work.

- harvey21 - 2011-02-15

Great skin Stoli,
I have a couple of questions about flags. Is there any way I can get studio flags and the Dolby TrueHD logo to showup. I know other skins have them but they're not in Neon.
thx.

- stoli - 2011-02-15

Studio flags work in the 16x9 view and I think one or two others. I'll see about adding them to other views. The Dolby logo file must be missing - I'll check on it.