Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- tboooe - 2011-02-22

Something strange happened why the skin updated itself. There are now two overlapping recently added windows for TV shows. The recently added list is also overlapping each other now too.

- stoli - 2011-02-22

tboooe Wrote:Something strange happened why the skin updated itself. There are now two overlapping recently added windows for TV shows. The recently added list is also overlapping each other now too.

Sounds like passion grabbed my updates before I put out a quick fix. I've since pushed a new update this morning that should address this.

You can also try editing your guisettings.xml and remove these two lines:

Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.neon.horizontal_bottom_align">true</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.neon.horizontal_middle_align">false</setting>

- pm84 - 2011-02-22

stoli Wrote:The background issue was not related to an update, but a bug with the way skins update that will be fixed in 10.1, hopefully.

In any case, glad to hear it is working for you now.

Also works for me, stoli! Thanks alot! Smile

- stoli - 2011-02-22

@nurgle pointed out that the "Songs" view was missing - this has been added back.

- Jimmeh - 2011-02-22

I've just updated from git and my recently added for tv shows seems to have two duplicate objects overlaid.

The recently added script is pretty flaky in general, maybe there is an update for it somewhere but my googlefu has failed me.

- stoli - 2011-02-22

Try Settings > Skin > Home Page > Set menu to bottom.

If that doesn't work, you can also try editing your guisettings.xml and remove these two lines:

Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.neon.horizontal_bottom_align">true</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.neon.horizontal_middle_align">false</setting>

- Jimmeh - 2011-02-22

Removing those lines does sort it out, just thought you'd want to know that the update doesn't resolve the issue itself.

I didn't do the update this morning which was picked up by the passion repo, as this is the first update I've done in a few days. So it appears even the current code on the git repo is causing this issue.

Hopefully that's somewhat useful to you, and if you already knew that sorry for wasting your time Smile

- Jimmeh - 2011-02-22

stoli Wrote:Try Settings > Skin > Home Page > Set menu to bottom

I remember seeing this option before, but I can't find it on the current version either. Maybe I'm suffering from lack of brain. Now that I've sorted the recently added section, the weather icons are overlapping the menu bar, which is set to the bottom, and I can't find the option to toggle it around, argh.

- stoli - 2011-02-22

Jimmeh Wrote:I remember seeing this option before, but I can't find it on the current version either. Maybe I'm suffering from lack of brain. Now that I've sorted the recently added section, the weather icons are overlapping the menu bar, which is set to the bottom, and I can't find the option to toggle it around, argh.

Once it is 'fixed' the menu option to move to the bottom goes away. Smile

I seem to have done one too many "search and replace - all files" and it's come back to bite me in the ass on the last couple of updates. Please be patient while I get it all worked out.

To try and alleviate this somewhat, I've added an item in the Skin settings "Reset Skin" that at least gets everything back to defaults that should work across the board while I clean up my mess. Confused

Next on to the weather...

EDIT: Weather should be fixed now. Smile

- Jimmeh - 2011-02-23

I've had a quick hack through my guisettings and removed all the old settings from previous skins and neon.svn versions in the interest of tidyness.

The update has fixed the weather, and the reset button is a nice touch.

As usual you are a gentleman and a squire sir *tips hat*.

- tboooe - 2011-02-23

Jimmeh Wrote:I've had a quick hack through my guisettings and removed all the old settings from previous skins and neon.svn versions in the interest of tidyness.

The update has fixed the weather, and the reset button is a nice touch.

As usual you are a gentleman and a squire sir *tips hat*.

Good idea. Who can you tell which settings are from previous versions?

- stoli - 2011-02-23

There's no way to tell what's new vs old. I've tried avoiding any updates that messed with settings for just this reason. Having said that, I'll try and hold off on any more drastic settings updates for a while.

As for guisettings, you can remove any line skin.neon and it will recreate what's needed. It will remove all preferences (backgrounds, etc) but doesn't effect libraries etc. Or take it one step further and just delete the whole file and speed everything up. Smile

- tboooe - 2011-02-23

stoli Wrote:There's no way to tell what's new vs old. I've tried avoiding any updates that messed with settings for just this reason. Having said that, I'll try and hold off on any more drastic settings updates for a while.

As for guisettings, you can remove any line skin.neon and it will recreate what's needed. It will remove all preferences (backgrounds, etc) but doesn't effect libraries etc. Or take it one step further and just delete the whole file and speed everything up. Smile

Good advice Stoli. I was trying to avoid nuking the file since it will delete my preferences but I since I really only use Neon (and sometimes Aeon65 when there is a bug in Neon Smile), it shouldnt be too bad to recreate the preferences.

- stoli - 2011-02-23

@tboooe - I'd wager that deleting it and starting fresh will boost Aeon65's performance by about 25%. Smile

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-02-23

I'm going to check this tonight when I get back to my Live box, but I think I noticed that the recently added episodes showing in the TV library seem to cover up all the info about the show, including the next air date. This is a bit conflicting as the episodes getting new episodes in XBMC are the ones that will also quite likely be airing again soon.

Just to let you know Stoli. Smile

Also, if I wanted to use the SVN skin but was still having issues with the background, would it be hypothetically possible to download the backgrounds folder from the master github and move them into the Passion repo's skin install without issue?