Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- Morbeas - 2011-03-08

2 fixes for you Stoli. First, I use the "Poster" view and when you stop on a movie and it comes into focus, the word "genre" is displayed twice. I believe the top one is supposed to be "Writer". See screenshot below.

And second, when I pause a movie, especially if there's subtitles, it looks so busy at the bottom of the screen. Can you clean that up a bit please? (Screenshot below) And I'd like to request one more time to have an option to toggle off the "paused" overlay.

- stoli - 2011-03-08

On behalf of morbeas - paused text, yes or no? I'll fix the subtitle issue..

- Morbeas - 2011-03-08

stoli Wrote:On behalf of morbeas - paused text, yes or no? I'll fix the subtitle issue..

Can't you make it an option?

- tboooe - 2011-03-08

stoli Wrote:On behalf of morbeas - paused text, yes or no? I'll fix the subtitle issue..

I happen to like the paused text...

- tboooe - 2011-03-08

Stoli, question about Song view in Music. Is this view supposed to not show a background anymore? It used to show the fanart now there is no background expect for when there is an artist with no folder.jpg or fanart.jpg. In this case, the keyboard is shown for both the main focus image and the background.

- Bkam - 2011-03-08

stoli , thx for a nice skin

One thing, the screen for download subtitles need to be on top of every thing now it ends up behind the clear art soo i cant see all info that is on the subtitles download screen

- tormi - 2011-03-08

I like it.

- Morbeas - 2011-03-09

Here's another fix for you Stoli. Look at the Subtitle offset overlay on top.

- tboooe - 2011-03-09

Stoli, perhaps I am nuts but did you change anything with the music library views in your latest release? I no longer see certain views like Media and Song. Also on the top level, the first letter is no longer showing up when I scroll.

- stoli - 2011-03-09

Morbeas Wrote:2 fixes for you Stoli. First, I use the "Poster" view and when you stop on a movie and it comes into focus, the word "genre" is displayed twice. I believe the top one is supposed to be "Writer". See screenshot below.

Fixed

Quote:And second, when I pause a movie, especially if there's subtitles, it looks so busy at the bottom of the screen. Can you clean that up a bit please? (Screenshot below) And I'd like to request one more time to have an option to toggle off the "paused" overlay.

Unfortunately short of using a whole different background texture there isn't anything that can be done here. There's not a setting to determine if subtitles have been enabled unless it is enabled as a default for all videos. I flipped through a few different skins and they all have this issue at one level or another.

I've made an inquiry to make sure I am correct on this - so it may ultimately be possible - or it may take a complete re-work of the screen.

tboooe Wrote:Stoli, question about Song view in Music. Is this view supposed to not show a background anymore? It used to show the fanart now there is no background expect for when there is an artist with no folder.jpg or fanart.jpg. In this case, the keyboard is shown for both the main focus image and the background.

I'm seeing fanart backgrounds... Do you mean it is not showing fanart if fanart.jpg IS present? The only file Songs view loads from the folder is cdart

EDIT: Just saw this issue; it's when viewing artists - gotta fix that. Smile

Bkam Wrote:stoli , thx for a nice skin

One thing, the screen for download subtitles need to be on top of every thing now it ends up behind the clear art soo i cant see all info that is on the subtitles download screen

Is this the same issue as above?

Morbeas Wrote:Here's another fix for you Stoli. Look at the Subtitle offset overlay on top.

Fixed.

Now back to playing with my new atv2. Smile

- stoli - 2011-03-09

tboooe Wrote:Stoli, perhaps I am nuts but did you change anything with the music library views in your latest release? I no longer see certain views like Media and Song. Also on the top level, the first letter is no longer showing up when I scroll.

There were some minor issues yesterday but they should not have made it to the Passion Repo. I'll check it out.

Edit: Yep - somehow I committed an old file in my scramble to fix what I didn't break. (If you are using a nightly build of xbmc, there are some issues in the music library; I had to revert back to Dharma.) Smile

- Morbeas - 2011-03-09

stoli Wrote:Fixed

Unfortunately short of using a whole different background texture there isn't anything that can be done here. There's not a setting to determine if subtitles have been enabled unless it is enabled as a default for all videos. I flipped through a few different skins and they all have this issue at one level or another.

The fix is simple actually. Just take out the IMDB rating, Directed by and the and the MPAA rating stuff off the paused screen so that it's not so cluttered on the bottom when you pause. Problem solved! (If you want maybe you can relocate that info at the top or something.)

PS. Can you please tell me how to remove the "paused" text since it doesn't look like you'll be providing an option to toggle it in the options? Sad

- joelones - 2011-03-09

Just wondering, i do not see the mp3 icon between the 5 stars and the 2.0 icon in music playback mode (tab key). Some way to reset it?

Great work on the skin!

- tboooe - 2011-03-09

stoli Wrote:There were some minor issues yesterday but they should not have made it to the Passion Repo. I'll check it out.

If you are using a nightly build of xbmc, there are some issues in the music library; I had to revert back to Dharma.

Thank you sir! I am using Dharma.

BTW, any chance you are able to look into the need to first have to use the down arrow before being to select the recently added music on the home screen? Also, am I supposed to be able to play a recently added album directly from the home screen like we can with TV Shows and Movies? If so, this feature doesnt work.

- stoli - 2011-03-09

tboooe Wrote:Thank you sir! I am using Dharma.

BTW, any chance you are able to look into the need to first have to use the down arrow before being to select the recently added music on the home screen? Also, am I supposed to be able to play a recently added album directly from the home screen like we can with TV Shows and Movies? If so, this feature doesnt work.

That one has me a little stumped to be honest since it is virtually the same code as used for movies and tv shows. I'll review it again and try and figure out what's going on.