Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- stoli - 2011-03-09

Morbeas Wrote:The fix is simple actually. Just take out the IMDB rating, Directed by and the and the MPAA rating stuff off the paused screen so that it's not so cluttered on the bottom when you pause. Problem solved! (If you want maybe you can relocate that info at the top or something.)

PS. Can you please tell me how to remove the "paused" text since it doesn't look like you'll be providing an option to toggle it in the options? Sad

Taking your line of reasoning the fix is even simpler. Don't turn on subtitles. Oo Sorry but I don't take well to being told how to design my skin and it certainly won't gain any points towards me adding an option just because you want it.

- stoli - 2011-03-09

joelones Wrote:Just wondering, i do not see the mp3 icon between the 5 stars and the 2.0 icon in music playback mode (tab key). Some way to reset it?

Great work on the skin!

I'll double check it tomorrow...

- Morbeas - 2011-03-09

stoli Wrote:Taking your line of reasoning the fix is even simpler. Don't turn on subtitles. Oo Sorry but I don't take well to being told how to design my skin and it certainly won't gain any points towards me adding an option just because you want it.

I apologize stoli, I didn't mean to come across like I was trying to tell you how to design your skin and I most certainly appreciate all that you do here. Sad

- The_Dogg - 2011-03-09

Hi Stoli,

I haven't been around much lately so by all means if the problems I'm reporting have already been addressed my apologies Smile

I updated to the latest GIT last night and here are the minor issues I noticed:

Latest Added TV shows is displayed twice on the front page (weird thing might be my setup that is causing it but i have no clue why)
Screenshot:

When using landscape view in TV Shows with a combination of use of the logo, would it be possible when no logo is available to default to text? because I have a few French shows and a few Kids shows that I do not have a logo for, so instead of it being blank, would be nice to just show the text like when we don't use logos.
Screenshot:

continued in next post......

- The_Dogg - 2011-03-09

Episodes view (can't remember the right name for that view, see screenshot) the TV show logo is appearing behind the # of items box, it doesn't always happens since it depends on the TV show logo's height, but for most it's being hidden a little bit.
Screenshot:

Another screenshot showing that it works fine with some TV shows logos:

The Watched overlay in Landscape mode when using logos doesn't look nice, would it be possible to have it different when using logos, the blue strike bar just doesn't look good over logos
Screenshot:

enough bugs/issues now, I want to thank you for your hard work on this skin, it really is the best skin around (for me anyway) and I just love the Recent episodes being displayed underneath the TV show in landscape view.

All this above are suggestions of course, it's YOUR skin afterall Smile

Keep up the good work, and have fun with your atv2 (my experience with it wasn't a success in the last few days, I hope you'll have better luck Wink )

- boulala - 2011-03-09

hy stoli

i think this issue has been mentioned once before. when i'm on the home menu and go into the music submenu and want to go out i have to put down once again instead of up like in the other submenus. why is it that way, it confuses me always and i have to remember that i have to press down instead of up.

thanks

- tboooe - 2011-03-09

stoli Wrote:I'm seeing fanart backgrounds... Do you mean it is not showing fanart if fanart.jpg IS present? The only file Songs view loads from the folder is cdart

EDIT: Just saw this issue; it's when viewing artists - gotta fix that. Smile

The weird thing is that this wasnt an issue before. Is this perhaps related to what you mentioned yesterday about uploading the wrong file to Passion repo?

- tboooe - 2011-03-09

The_Dogg Wrote:Hi Stoli,

I haven't been around much lately so by all means if the problems I'm reporting have already been addressed my apologies Smile

Latest Added TV shows is displayed twice on the front page (weird thing might be my setup that is causing it but i have no clue why)
Screenshot:

Along the same lines Stoli, have you thought about how the TV Show/Movie is displayed on the front page? For long names, the left most portion of the title is cut off. Perhaps you can either add scrolling of the title or even simpler, left justify the title and let the right most part of the title get chopped off. Being to see the beginning of the show/movie title is probably more useful anyway. What do you think?

- stoli - 2011-03-09

The_Dogg Wrote:Hi Stoli,

Screenshot:

I'll double check, but that looks to be unique to you. I just pulled an update and it looks fine here.

Quote:When using landscape view in TV Shows with a combination of use of the logo, would it be possible when no logo is available to default to text? because I have a few French shows and a few Kids shows that I do not have a logo for, so instead of it being blank, would be nice to just show the text like when we don't use logos.
Screenshot:

It should fallback to text. I'll get that fixed

The_Dogg Wrote:Episodes view (can't remember the right name for that view, see screenshot) the TV show logo is appearing behind the # of items box, it doesn't always happens since it depends on the TV show logo's height, but for most it's being hidden a little bit.
Screenshot:
Was fixed - will fix again. Smile

Quote:The Watched overlay in Landscape mode when using logos doesn't look nice, would it be possible to have it different when using logos, the blue strike bar just doesn't look good over logos
Screenshot:
Agreed. Any strike-through lines will be replaced with the common check mark.

Quote:Keep up the good work, and have fun with your atv2 (my experience with it wasn't a success in the last few days, I hope you'll have better luck Wink )

I got it up and running yesterday and have to say I am quite pleased. Streaming 720p across the house on just 802.1g w/out a hitch. GUI performance isn't top notch, but I was using Neon in Poster view which can be pretty image intensive. It's also the standard atv/xbmc release and not a nightly... For $99 I dont' think you can beat it.

boulala Wrote:hy stoli

i think this issue has been mentioned once before. when i'm on the home menu and go into the music submenu and want to go out i have to put down once again instead of up like in the other submenus. why is it that way, it confuses me always and i have to remember that i have to press down instead of up.

thanks

Yeah - that one is a thorn in my side. Come hell or high water, I'll get that fixed this weekend. Smile

tboooe Wrote:The weird thing is that this wasnt an issue before. Is this perhaps related to what you mentioned yesterday about uploading the wrong file to Passion repo?

It shouldn't be a big deal; I just haven't taken the time yet.

tboooe Wrote:Along the same lines Stoli, have you thought about how the TV Show/Movie is displayed on the front page? For long names, the left most portion of the title is cut off. Perhaps you can either add scrolling of the title or even simpler, left justify the title and let the right most part of the title get chopped off. Being to see the beginning of the show/movie title is probably more useful anyway. What do you think?

I had scrolling enabled and it got busy really quick between that and the rss feeds. I do want to do something different, just haven't decided what yet. Possibly integrating the logos, but if you just imported a whole series, that may look goofy too....

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-03-09

stoli Wrote:I'll double check, but that looks to be unique to you. I just pulled an update and it looks fine here.

Just to say, I've got the same thing too. Hadn't reported it yet because haven't had time in the last few days since it started to look at if the cause is my end, and try reinstalling from scratch. But just chipping in Smile

- tboooe - 2011-03-09

stoli Wrote:I had scrolling enabled and it got busy really quick between that and the rss feeds. I do want to do something different, just haven't decided what yet. Possibly integrating the logos, but if you just imported a whole series, that may look goofy too....

I agree that scrolling would probably make the home screen seem to busy. What about my idea of left justifying the title and letting the right portion that does not fit get chopped. You could use "..." at the end. I think that could be simple and still give the user the info they need which being able to identify the TV Show/Movie.

- stoli - 2011-03-09

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Just to say, I've got the same thing too. Hadn't reported it yet because haven't had time in the last few days since it started to look at if the cause is my end, and try reinstalling from scratch. But just chipping in Smile

Grrrr. Ok. Will double check this.

- "wkf" - 2011-03-09

boulala Wrote:hy stoli

thanks

@ Stoli

think i found the fix <onup>8001</onup> needs to be <onup>301</onup>

search for 8001 in includes_home_horizontal and change to 301

WKF

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-03-09

stoli Wrote:Grrrr. Ok. Will double check this.

Cheers dude Big Grin if I get some free time tonight or tomorrow I'll see what a reinstall does for it.

- stoli - 2011-03-10

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Cheers dude Big Grin if I get some free time tonight or tomorrow I'll see what a reinstall does for it.

Be sure to start with a fresh guisettings.xml