Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- Morbeas - 2011-03-14

stoli Wrote:How about this view - progress bar is separator under Artist name.

While we are at it - revised Latest Epispode:

What visualization is that?

- tboooe - 2011-03-14

stoli Wrote:Get a bigger monitor? Smile Load Viewtype_Songs.xml in a text editor (notepad++ highly recommended for windows). Search for Font_Neon_24 and change it to Font_Neon_30. That will change it from 24pt to 30pt. (don't arbitrarily try 27 or something like that, they have to be defined in font.xml

If you want to make some global changes, edit the font.xml file and just increase the <size>##</size> settings. I'm still working on normalizing this file so it's a little ugly at the moment. Smile

Stoli, this helped! What file do I need to change for Album Info view in Music?

- stoli - 2011-03-14

Morbeas Wrote:What visualization is that?

The one that happened to be on the screen?! Laugh

- Morbeas - 2011-03-14

stoli Wrote:The one that happened to be on the screen?! Laugh

Smartass! :p

Can you give me the name of it please? Big Grin

- stoli - 2011-03-14

Morbeas Wrote:Smartass! :p

Can you give me the name of it please? Big Grin

I really have no idea...

- stoli - 2011-03-14

Rob Xbox User Wrote:I am really pleased with this skin - having tried all the others I think I could now be finely there - I hope! All very slick and professional.

PROBLEM

Whilst changing the music views within music, I seem to have disabled the view (not within the main skin setting). I even tried resetting the skin and still I can't choose any other view type whilst in albums - I can with the other music views....

Help please....Shocked

Not sure what you did, but try deleting your guisettings.xml. In Windows it is in \users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata

- tboooe - 2011-03-14

stoli Wrote:Not sure what you did, but try deleting your guisettings.xml. In Windows it is in \users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata

I have come across this bug once or twice myself. If I select Disabled View I will not be able to get to any other views in Neon. I think the only way I could "reset" everything was to uninstall Neon. I did not try deleting the guisettings.xml though.

- stoli - 2011-03-14

tboooe Wrote:I have come across this bug once or twice myself. If I select Disabled View I will not be able to get to any other views in Neon. I think the only way I could "reset" everything was to uninstall Neon. I did not try deleting the guisettings.xml though.

What do you mean by "Select Disabled View"?

- tboooe - 2011-03-14

stoli Wrote:What do you mean by "Select Disabled View"?

Sorry for not being clear Stoli. I am not at home right now so I am going off of memory. I believe (at least in the version prior the latest release), I could select "Disabled" or something similar as one of the views (Songs, List, etc). When I select this, Neon will not let me change the view again. The skin is still fully functional but no other views are available to change to.

When I get home tonight I will add more detail.

- sullydavid - 2011-03-14

stoli Wrote:Behaviour updated.

2. Not sure I follow - can you give a screen shot?

Notice that there is a label for finish time, however the only time listed is the current time in the upper right.

This is with "Disable Global Weather" selected.

If I enable global weather the finish time is displayed properly.

- stoli - 2011-03-15

sullydavid Wrote:Image

Notice that there is a label for finish time, however the only time listed is the current time in the upper right.

This is with "Disable Global Weather" selected.

If I enable global weather the finish time is displayed properly.

Easy fix. Gonna have to chase down the fool who put a <visible> on a time setting that is tied to weather! Rolleyes

- sullydavid - 2011-03-15

More of a question than anything else. Not really sure if this is skin related or not.

I notice that in a library view (TV Shows and Movies at least) pressing the delete key will allow me to remove an item from the library as well as deleting item in question. However in File view delete is not mapped that way. You seem to have to go to content and then select delete.

Anyone know if this is a limitation (or feature) of XBMC as a whole or is it skin specific? If it is skin specific is there any chance of getting the delete key functional in the file manager? I end up deleting a lot of none library related videos via file manager.

- stoli - 2011-03-15

stoli Wrote:Easy fix. Gonna have to chase down the fool who put a <visible> on a time setting that is tied to weather! Rolleyes

Fixed. Smile

sullydavid Wrote:More of a question than anything else. Not really sure if this is skin related or not.

I notice that in a library view (TV Shows and Movies at least) pressing the delete key will allow me to remove an item from the library as well as deleting item in question. However in File view delete is not mapped that way. You seem to have to go to content and then select delete.

Anyone know if this is a limitation (or feature) of XBMC as a whole or is it skin specific? If it is skin specific is there any chance of getting the delete key functional in the file manager? I end up deleting a lot of none library related videos via file manager.

Edit your keymap to have the following:
Code:
<MyVideoFiles>
    <keyboard>
      [font=Arial Black]<delete>Delete</delete>[/font]
    </keyboard>
</MyVideoFiles>

- fr500 - 2011-03-15

Wow this skin rocks....

Do you plan to add views for the Advanced Launcher Application?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724

- sullydavid - 2011-03-15

stoli Wrote:Edit you keymap to have the following:
Code:
<MyVideoFiles>
    <keyboard>
      [font=Arial Black]<delete>Delete</delete>[/font]
    </keyboard>
</MyVideoFiles>

Sweet, that was it. Only had it in MyVideoLibrary. Thanks.