Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- tormi - 2011-03-22

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good morning to all of you from the very sunny today Greece.
Can you please explain me what is the meaning,the use of the TV GUIDE which is shown the last two days in my Home Screen after the last update?
You mean that TV GUIDE is the same like the TV SHOWS?
You record your TV Movies throu PVR and then you keep them into a different folder in your hard disk like the movies?
Thanks for your attention

I live in Norway and the TV guide is not populated at all. Anyway to get it to populate even though I do not have a PVR connected? it would be very nice to hav control over upcoming show dates through the nice TV guide you made.

- Sinvida - 2011-03-22

tormi Wrote:I live in Norway and the TV guide is not populated at all. Anyway to get it to populate even though I do not have a PVR connected? it would be very nice to hav control over upcoming show dates through the nice TV guide you made.

It works on your tv show library. So basically it shows you when an episode is aired of a show you have in your library. Don't think it's pvr based.

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-03-22

Sinvida Wrote:It works on your tv show library. So basically it shows you when an episode is aired of a show you have in your library. Don't think it's pvr based.
Thanks for your infos

- stoli - 2011-03-22

Sinvida Wrote:It works on your tv show library. So basically it shows you when an episode is aired of a show you have in your library. Don't think it's pvr based.

That's correct - it works with the Next Aired script to perform a lookup of tv shows in your library. It is not related to the PVR at all.

I know the Next Aired script uses tvrage.com as its source and that site lists both US and UK schedules. Other than that, I have no idea how it will/will not work in other countries - I'd check with ppic in the Next Aired forum.

- Jimmeh - 2011-03-22

stoli Wrote:That's correct - it works with the Next Aired script to perform a lookup of tv shows in your library. It is not related to the PVR at all.

I know the Next Aired script uses tvrage.com as its source and that site lists both US and UK schedules. Other than that, I have no idea how it will/will not work in other countries - I'd check with ppic in the Next Aired forum.

Working fine for me in the UK, but it did take a few minutes to run the initial query.

- Morbeas - 2011-03-23

Is it me or is the latest build almost 20 MB smaller than usual?

- stoli - 2011-03-23

Morbeas Wrote:Is it me or is the latest build almost 20 MB smaller than usual?

It is indeed. There was a backup zip in there of the backdrops (10mb) and I shrunk down the music genre images. Trying to get in in the official repo and it has to be as slim as possible. Nod

- zepfan - 2011-03-23

Stoli, any updates on more customizable submenus? I've modded mine to be able to remove all options, and add 5 favorites per menu option. No worries if you don't want to, I've got mine!

- stoli - 2011-03-23

I hadn't really planned on it, but I'd be happy to take a look and possibly add in your mod.

- sullydavid - 2011-03-23

I love the added one click downloads for TV Images (poster, banner ,etc.). Thanks for that.

Two small bug reports and two questions:

1. In Settings-->Skin-->Home Window the "Use on Library Music and Movie/TV Views" option under Ken Burns scrolls wider than the window.

2. Looking at the options for episode displays "Media View" only has 6 options but 7 headers listed. Looks like either the "View Options" header should be removed.

I was a big fan of the "3D Landscape" view for my tv show episodes in Night. I see 3D Landscape as an option to disable in Neon, but have been unable to actually find the view itself. Am I doing something wrong or is it not enabled at this time? If it is not enabled is there a plan to add it?

- zepfan - 2011-03-23

stoli Wrote:I hadn't really planned on it, but I'd be happy to take a look and possibly add in your mod.

It wasn't so much a mod as a hack job. I moved four of the home favorites to the TV shows submenu and deleted all the additional info. I guess it's a personal thing, I like to try and keep it simple so if someone else try's to use it, it's straight forward, no extra bells and whistles.

- stoli - 2011-03-23

sullydavid Wrote:I love the added one click downloads for TV Images (poster, banner ,etc.). Thanks for that.

Two small bug reports and two questions:

1. In Settings-->Skin-->Home Window the "Use on Library Music and Movie/TV Views" option under Ken Burns scrolls wider than the window.

2. Looking at the options for episode displays "Media View" only has 6 options but 7 headers listed. Looks like either the "View Options" header should be removed.

I was a big fan of the "3D Landscape" view for my tv show episodes in Night. I see 3D Landscape as an option to disable in Neon, but have been unable to actually find the view itself. Am I doing something wrong or is it not enabled at this time? If it is not enabled is there a plan to add it?

I still have to get to 1 and 2, but I re-added the 3d Landscape view. Not sure when or why I removed it. Smile

Thanks for the heads up on the issues.

- MidnightWatcher - 2011-03-23

Question -- I must be blind, but every time another skin that was installed updates it asks me if I want to use that skin. How do I get XBMC to keep using Neon and stop asking me if I want to use the skin that was just updated?

- stoli - 2011-03-23

You could always disable the auto-updates. Other than that, I don't know of a way

- tormi - 2011-03-23

stoli Wrote:That's correct - it works with the Next Aired script to perform a lookup of tv shows in your library. It is not related to the PVR at all.

Aaah, ofcourse, I just have to add that script again. Can't remember I removed it though.