Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2010-10-20

note: if you want to use svn versions of T! you need to run a very recent nightly build of xbmc.

general info:
the development version of Transparency! is available @ the T! SVN
in order to download it, you'll need special svn software.

- if you prefer a command-line client: svn checkout http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ skin.transparency
- or if you use a gui based client, like TortoiseSVN use this url: http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

why would i use a development version of this skin
most important reason...because i need people to test things before i update the skin in the addon repo.
and second...you get to use all the new features first. :-)

the svn version gets updated a few times every week (time permitted)
and only after things have been tested throughly, changes will be added to the addon repo.
it can take anywhere between a week to a month before new features will be copied from the svn version to the addon repo version.

so what's new?
- not much at this time

please test and report issues concerning all the new features in the skin!

disclaimer:
  • if you want to use svn versions of T! you better make sure you'll also run a very recent nightly build of xbmc.
  • do not install the T! svn version on top of your existing Transparency! skin.
  • do not keep two copies of T! in your addons directory, so delete the stable version of Transparency! first.
  • third-party svn builds (passionxbmc.org) of Transparency! are not supported by me!

- gabbott - 2010-10-20

I think in one of the more recent commits, the ability to bring up TV show info when a show is selected in the library by hitting the info button is now gone. Instead, have to bring up the context menu and chose 'TV show information'.

This only happens at the show level. When an episode is selected you can hit the info button and bring it up. I can look up my remote mapping to see specifically what function the info button is using if needed. This was working until the past day or two I believe.

- ronie - 2010-10-20

two thing to try:
- restart xbmc and see if the problem goes away
- if not, see if it also happens in other skins

in other words...i can't reproduce the issue :-)

- gabbott - 2010-10-21

ronie Wrote:two thing to try:
- restart xbmc and see if the problem goes away
- if not, see if it also happens in other skins

in other words...i can't reproduce the issue :-)

Sorry, I should have myself tested on my other box as well, which I cannot duplicate on. So it's something with my one system.

- mcborzu - 2010-10-21

Sometimes you think a skin can't improve much more but the new flags really freshen up the look!

I assume this:
Quote:<imagepath>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,/,/extrafanart/]</imagepath>

is the only way. I tried all the variations of ListItem.path, folderpath, filenameandpath, etc..Those seem not available in music library, correct?

Anyways people have been bugging for music level extrafanart, atleast this works. Very Nice!

- ronie - 2010-10-21

yup there's no other way.
Path is not available at Artist and Album level.

- ronie - 2010-10-22

support for extra thumbs added.

create a extrathumbs folder in every movie folder.
put two images thumb1.jpg and thumb2.jpg in there.
use a 16:9 aspect ratio for best result (fanart images for instance).

these are shown in fanart, icons and item views for movies.

- ronie - 2010-10-27

support for script.TvTunes added.

download script here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925
enable it in Skin Settings > Scripts

- dsim - 2010-10-27

ronie, now we have recently and random. in the horizontal menu, maybe it would now be better the submenu to switch down instead of up? and could you make to haverandom and recently to show at the same time?

2. i would like to rename the randomitems in german. now it is "zufall", i would like "empfehlung"...where to change this?

i tried yesterday to change in xbmc language/german in string.xml the "einstellungen" to "setup", but then i had english language in transparency. so i changed back, but would like to know how to rename really.

3. and yes, about visualization and the artist information and lyrics. what are the id's for keymap? i would like to have two buttons for these functions you implemented in visualisation.

4. i cannot believe there is a skin as transparency!! very, very intelligently made. visualization ist greeeaaat. aall greeaaat. Smile

cheers!

EDIT: 1. i forgot something...is there a possibility to show recorded tv tumbnails as landscape and not square? because i would like the videos i recorded with DVBViewer watch in xbmc, but the most video thumbs are not in aspect ratio.

2. if i play the album which is shown in the random list, it plays the first song, if i switch to next with the remote, it doesn't play the next song. it stops. did you also realize that, or is this issue related to me?

i use the latest svn version from AM 03:58

- ronie - 2010-10-27

dsim Wrote:ronie, now we have recently and random. in the horizontal menu, maybe it would now be better the submenu to switch down instead of up?

eh...why?

dsim Wrote:and could you make to haverandom and recently to show at the same time?

it would take a lot of recoding, but i'll look into it.
just don't expect anything soon. :-)

dsim Wrote:2. i would like to rename the randomitems in german. now it is "zufall", i would like "empfehlung"...where to change this?

i'm currently using a string from the xbmc language file...
apparently not the best choice, i'll make it a skin string, so people can translate it.

dsim Wrote:3. and yes, about visualization and the artist information and lyrics. what are the id's for keymap? i would like to have two buttons for these functions you implemented in visualisation.

lyrics:
XBMC.RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(LyricScript_Path)])
if that doesn't work, try
XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lyrics)
or
XBMC.RunScript(script.lrclyrics)
depending on which lyrics script you're using.

artist info: Skin.ToggleSetting(Music_OSD_Info)
not tested this myself, so not sure if this'll work.

dsim Wrote:EDIT: 1. i forgot something...is there a possibility to show recorded tv tumbnails as landscape and not square? because i would like the videos i recorded with DVBViewer watch in xbmc, but the most video thumbs are not in aspect ratio.

is this in library mode or filemode?
also, please post a screenshot of how it currently looks.

dsim Wrote:2. if i play the album which is shown in the random list, it plays the first song, if i switch to next with the remote, it doesn't play the next song. it stops. did you also realize that, or is this issue related to me?

it's a bug in the recently added and random scripts.
nobody's been able to fix it so far.

- dsim - 2010-10-27

ronie Wrote:eh...why?

because if i want to switch for example to the recently added i have to click two times up.

if the submenu is under the menu, then i can switch once up for recently or once down for submenu.

Two cliks for power off is maybe better then two cliks for recently added?

but anyway, thanks for the quick reply, and for the great support.

- ronie - 2010-10-27

dsim Wrote:because if i want to switch for example to the recently added i have to click two times up.

if the submenu is under the menu, then i can switch once up for recently or once down for submenu.

Two cliks for power off is maybe better then two cliks for recently added?

but anyway, thanks for the quick reply, and for the great support.

thanx for the explanation. :-)
it's the same behaviour is in the vertical menu...right click shows the submenu,
right click again navigates to recently added/random items.

hope you don't mind if i leave it like that. ;-)

- dsim - 2010-10-27

no, i don't mind, it was only a suggestion. Wink

- bobrap - 2010-10-27

ronie Wrote:support for script.TvTunes added.

download script here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925
enable it in Skin Settings > Scripts

Must be doing something wrong. Using latest SVN. Copied script to addons. Checked box in scripts. downloaded tunes...no sound. Am I missing a step? Thanks for this, great addon/idea!

- ronie - 2010-10-27

bobrap Wrote:Must be doing something wrong. Using latest SVN. Copied script to addons. Checked box in scripts. downloaded tunes...no sound. Am I missing a step? Thanks for this, great addon/idea!

need a Debug Log for this.

also read the TvTunes thread, some people are having issues with this script,
so maybe it's a script issue.