Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

- ronie - 2011-02-22

PatK Wrote:wouldn't this invalidate the Cinema Experience logo click?

yes, so i've removed it.

edit:
and it's back again now.

PatK Wrote:Where do trailers fit into this..

i have no idea, never used this script myself.

PatK Wrote:I did like how it was working (although I had my issues with triva), this new method seems less flexible and more of a hack.

you're knocking on the wrong door...tell the script maintainer instead ;-)

- PatK - 2011-02-22

ronie Wrote:yes, so i've removed it.

I kinda liked it... might leave my set-up a while.

ronie Wrote:RE: Trailers "i have no idea, never used this script myself."

I meant that having the CE script always on... trailers are moot, as you'll be in CE mode just to see a trailer... going through favourites seem more of a cludge.

ronie Wrote:you're knocking on the wrong door...tell the script maintainer instead ;-)
I'll knock on the right door when I can be heard, this doesn't look like the best implementation. Mind you if it works right out of the box on the repo version..

- giftie - 2011-02-23

PatK Wrote:Think I'll wait for the dust to settle.... wouldn't this invalidate the Cinema Experience logo click? Where do trailers fit into this.. a lot of questions and questionable gain. I did like how it was working (although I had my issues with triva), this new method seems less flexible and more of a hack.

Ouch... that kinda stings...

I've downloaded the latest script and it's wonderful - PatK - 2011-02-23

giftie Wrote:Ouch... that kinda stings...
My humble apologies, my fears have been silenced and it works very well out of the box. I meant no slight.. Just addressing my concerns in a non confrontational atmosphere in this forum. I cannot thank-you enough for this latest effort, it really is a wonderful piece of artistry.

Roni's implementation is satisfying, although the home screen button has merit it would need his support through-out. I'll find a way to contribute to this plug-in.. it really is exceptional and elevates XBMC above the 'other' media players.

- giftie - 2011-02-24

PatK Wrote:My humble apologies, my fears have been silenced and it works very well out of the box. I meant no slight.. Just addressing my concerns in a non confrontational atmosphere in this forum. I cannot thank-you enough for this latest effort, it really is a wonderful piece of artistry.

Roni's implementation is satisfying, although the home screen button has merit it would need his support through-out. I'll find a way to contribute to this plug-in.. it really is exceptional and elevates XBMC above the 'other' media players.

No worries PatK... Smile all is well...

- giftie - 2011-02-24

ronie - Thanks for implementing coding for Cinema Experience.

- ronie - 2011-02-24

giftie Wrote:ronie - Thanks for implementing coding for Cinema Experience.

now worries, it's clear many many users are enjoying the script.
i'm glad to see you've picked it up where nuka1195 left off...

just don't change the way we should launch the script again in two days, ok ;-)

- giftie - 2011-02-26

ronie Wrote:now worries, it's clear many many users are enjoying the script.
i'm glad to see you've picked it up where nuka1195 left off...

just don't change the way we should launch the script again in two days, ok ;-)

I found a slight issue. I see you added back the button in the info screen, this has caused some issues with function, as the script is being run twice, once when Movies is selected from the Home Window and then when it is selected from the Info screen.

on line 327 of DialogVideoInfo you have:
Code:
<visible>Container.Content(Movies) + Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_Enable)</visible>

maybe having it as
Code:
<visible>Container.Content(Movies) + System.HasAddon(script.cinema.experience) + !Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_Enable)</visible>

and line 308 as
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-55,0" time="0" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_Enable) + System.HasAddon(script.cinema.experience)">Conditional</animation>

Which should disable the button when the user has the Home Window option turned on - Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_Enable) and visible when it is turned off.

- JustinAiken - 2011-02-26

I noticed a few SVNs ago that fanart quit working for TV shows in the Recently Added menu... just a black screen...

- PatK - 2011-02-26

clock2113 Wrote:I noticed a few SVNs ago that fanart quit working for TV shows in the Recently Added menu... just a black screen...
It must be fixed, it's working for me V3.11.5

- PatK - 2011-02-26

Ronie regarding the CE script, perhaps I didn't notice... properly, but I thought SVN V3.11.4 had it working well, while V3.11.5 it runs twice. I was pleased to have the weather video and didn't notice the issue. If I edit the DialogVideoInfo would I have to re-edit each update?

- ronie - 2011-02-27

clock2113 Wrote:I noticed a few SVNs ago that fanart quit working for TV shows in the Recently Added menu... just a black screen...

could be a problem with your thumbnail cache.
xbmc tries to load the fanart image from the cache but fail to find the image...?

maybe there's something relevant in the Debug Log

- ronie - 2011-02-27

PatK Wrote:Ronie regarding the CE script, perhaps I didn't notice... properly, but I thought SVN V3.11.4 had it working well, while V3.11.5 it runs twice. I was pleased to have the weather video and didn't notice the issue. If I edit the DialogVideoInfo would I have to re-edit each update?

undo your edits and let me fix it.

SLIDE viewmin TV Shows - daveleebond - 2011-02-27

I would like to enable this view in TV Shows, as I have in Movies but does not come up as a choice.

I take it view-slide.xml controls this but would not know what to alter, or is it a menu option I have overlooked?

Any help would be most appreciated because I really like this view.

(using XBMC nightly (23/02/11)) + up to date T! SVN

- ronie - 2011-02-27

daveleebond Wrote:I would like to enable this view in TV Shows, as I have in Movies but does not come up.

I take it view-slide.xml controls this but would not know what to alter, or is it a menu option I have overlooked?

Any help would be most appreciated because I really like this view.

if you have posters (instead of banners) for tv shows, enable:
Skin Settings > TV Shows - Use posters
and the slide view will be available.