Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

- ronie - 2011-03-31

grote002 Wrote:Hey Ronie, the script doesn't seem to work correctly for me, it doesn't show any covers for tvseries.

the next aired script assumes you have locally stored thumbs.
it looks for a folder.jpg image inside the tv show directory.

if you don't mind having locally stored artwork, the quickest way would be use the xbmc option to export your db (to separate files / including thumbs and fanart)

you could also use the logo downloader script to download clearart, logo's and banners for your tv shows.

if you don't like locally stored artwork, you need to nag ppic to provide the tv shows covers in a different way (pull from your db, instead of assuming there's a folder.jpg inside every tv show dir.)

grote002 Wrote:I tried changing the 'view' for the addon to 'Poster', 'Banner' and 'Wide', but the covers dont show up. Any ideas?

those settings are only used when running the script in standalone mode.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:yup, I can confirm this. (I only see tv show logos, although I have them disabled in skin settings but no covers)

i could hide the logo (for consistency reasons) when disabled in skin settings.
though i doubt it would make sense in this case?

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-03-31

ah, ok. Logo settings inconsistency is what I'd actually on mind.

Just a question, does local thumbnails caching work for extra images (logo, clearart etc?) I'm asking because I have most of my media located externally and I've been always wondering if it would work when source image is unavailable or if it would force hdd wake up from standby because of trying to load the extra stuff? Now I know some scripts don't use cached thumbnails like you mentioned with folder.jpg (or maybe it can cache it, but if I don't have one in first place it can't load the cached version) but what about skins and other parts of xbmc. How does it work? Thanks for info.

- ronie - 2011-03-31

ezechiel1917 Wrote:ah, ok. Logo settings inconsistency is what I'd actually on mind.

Just a question, does local thumbnails caching work for extra images (logo, clearart etc?)

i think it does. i once changed one of my tv show logo's and xbmc kept showing the old version.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:I'm asking because I have most of my media located externally and I've been always wondering if it would work when source image is unavailable or if it would force hdd wake up from standby because of trying to load the extra stuff? Now I know some scripts don't use cached thumbnails like you mentioned with folder.jpg (or maybe it can cache it, but if I don't have one in first place it can't load the cached version) but what about skins and other parts of xbmc. How does it work? Thanks for info.

an easy test would be to disconnect your xbmc machine from the network
and check if any of the extra stuff shows up or not....

- kardesken - 2011-03-31

Thanks for yet another great implementation to the amassing T!
But I do seem to have some trouble with this easy "how to":o
ronie Wrote:how do i get it to work?
1) enable the next aired scipt:
Skin Settings > Scripts > Enable NextAired Script

Check.
Quote:2) add the tv guide submenu to the TV Shows menu:
Skin Settings > Menu > TV Shows > Submenu > TV Guide

Not check..
I can't find a TV Guide in my submenu. Is it supposed to pop up all by it self.
I'm using the latest nightly build and svn.

- ronie - 2011-03-31

kardesken Wrote:Not check..
I can't find a TV Guide in my submenu. Is it supposed to pop up all by it self.
I'm using the latest nightly build and svn.

it should be there in Skin Settings > Menu:

if it's missing, you're not using the latest svn version of T!
check Settings > System Info
it should say Transparency! v3.12.2 (SVN)

- kardesken - 2011-04-01

Yes, it's missing and apparently I'm not using the latest svn version of T!
I'm on v3.12.1(svn)
When I update T! with TortoiseSVN it says that I'm at revision 978? (Don't now what it means, but maybe u do?)

I guess I have some computer error at my system then..
Thanks for the fast response and answer.

- ronie - 2011-04-01

kardesken Wrote:Yes, it's missing and apparently I'm not using the latest svn version of T!
I'm on v3.12.1(svn)
When I update T! with TortoiseSVN it says that I'm at revision 978? (Don't now what it means, but maybe u do?)

rev. 978 is the latest svn version of T!

so indeed there's most likely something wrong at your end.
you could delete the skin and do a fresh svn checkout to fix it.

- jpf55 - 2011-04-03

ronie Wrote:rev. 978 is the latest svn version of T!

Hi ronie, where can I find the svn number, I am using svn software and all I can find is the version number in the changelog file.
I can see all the changes on the repository and try to make sense of it by date but I feel I must be missing something...
thanks

- ronie - 2011-04-03

jpf55 Wrote:Hi ronie, where can I find the svn number

on linux you can run svnversion.
sorry but i don't know anything about other os's.

- kardesken - 2011-04-04

ronie Wrote:rev. 978 is the latest svn version of T!
so indeed there's most likely something wrong at your end.
you could delete the skin and do a fresh svn checkout to fix it.

That and a couple of other delete and install, and we're back.
Tv guide pops up in the sub menu and works great

I did notice that the background is black when i enter latest added in TV show. But since I have a retarded computer I guess that's also mine fault:p unless some other also have noticed that.

- ronie - 2011-04-04

kardesken Wrote:I did notice that the background is black when i enter latest added in TV show. But since I have a retarded computer I guess that's also mine fault:p unless some other also have noticed that.

not your fault, it's a skin issue.

thanx for the report, i'll fix it.

- ronie - 2011-04-13

i've added skins for the pseudotv & tv-time addons:

i haven't been actively using these addons a lot myself,
so let me know if i've missed something or if things don't work out.

- PatK - 2011-04-13

I do use them occasionally... it's nice not to choose. Worked fine on my !T, but I never could get into the guide without hitting the return key, and considering I'm a mouser... it limited the amount I would use it. Perchance did you throw in a way to get into the guide using a mouse? I tried to get the author to give us a button to the guide from the exit requester instead of the word cancel. Either he was not convinced, or relied on a system wide exit requester that wasn't alterable.

This new feature makes me almost want to give up my stable SVN status on XBMC 10.1 humm.....

- User 55003 - 2011-04-13

ronie Wrote:i've added skins for the pseudotv & tv-time addons:

i haven't been actively using these addons a lot myself,
so let me know if i've missed something or if things don't work out.

Great job on the PseudoTV skin ronie, you may want to make a request to Jason102 for a removal of zepfan's skin from his script repo as there are some conflicts with textures within the epg when two skins are present.

EDIT: But seeing as your svn skin is based on XBMC 11(nightlies), you prob wont push to the official repo for some time, so not a big problem Wink

- ronie - 2011-04-13

PatK Wrote:Perchance did you throw in a way to get into the guide using a mouse?

navigation is completely handled by the addon.
there's no way i can override it in the skin.

PatK Wrote:This new feature makes me almost want to give up my stable SVN status on XBMC 10.1 humm.....

i'm sure it'll find it's way in the next stable T! release.
though that's probably months from now.