Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

- ronie - 2010-11-02

added support for the tv show next aired script.

1) install the script through the addon browser
2) enable it in Skin Settings > Scripts > Enable NextAired script
3) result:

- Adam B. - 2010-11-02

ronie Wrote:added support for the tv show next aired script.

1) install the script through the addon browser
2) enable it in Skin Settings > Scripts > Enable NextAired script
3) result:

Dude, you're a skinning machine! It works great.

Is it possible to add this to the "Recent Episodes" page for each show as you arrow over it? I often don't get a chance to browse my shows in library mode.

Also, the LatestDate, LatestTitle, and LatestNumber information would be pretty useful to make sure that you didn't miss an episode.

- Adam B. - 2010-11-02

Also,

I have a problem with the placement of the trailer icon in Movies.

I have my library setup with the "long list" option. The icon is at the very top right of the screen. This overlaps the top movie or two in the list, and is also hard to see.

Could it be moved back to the description area?

Here's an image showing what's going on (sorry about the quality, it's over VNC): http://imgur.com/9Vaka.jpg

- ronie - 2010-11-02

Adam B. Wrote:Is it possible to add this to the "Recent Episodes" page for each show as you arrow over it? I often don't get a chance to browse my shows in library mode.

yes, i've just changed it so it also shows at season level and at episode level (this includes recently added).
for episodes, i will only show it in fanart view. for all other views, it would overlap with the mediaflags.

Adam B. Wrote:Also, the LatestDate, LatestTitle, and LatestNumber information would be pretty useful to make sure that you didn't miss an episode.

i prefer not to clutter the screen with to much info.
besides in most views, there's not enough free screen space to add this info.

- ronie - 2010-11-02

Adam B. Wrote:Also,

I have a problem with the placement of the trailer icon in Movies.

I have my library setup with the "long list" option. The icon is at the very top right of the screen. This overlaps the top movie or two in the list, and is also hard to see.

Could it be moved back to the description area?

Here's an image showing what's going on (sorry about the quality, it's over VNC): http://imgur.com/9Vaka.jpg

thanx mate!
fixed in svn.

- Adam B. - 2010-11-02

ronie Wrote:thanx mate!
fixed in svn.

Confirmed. Thanks!

- Soutie - 2010-11-02

Ronnie,

First off great work, ever since I've discovered it I've been using T! and cant imagine using anyting else.

that said I have been using the SVN version for the extra fanart for the series and have noticed two minor issues.

1) When attempting to scroll through the series list quickly the extra fanart seems to slow the whole process and cause alot of lag. If the extra art isnt enabled it seems to keep the art of the last static position till you are on a new series for about a half a second before trying to update the art. With the extra art it attempts to update it immedietly, causing said lag. that half second or so delay really makes a whole hell of a lot of difference.

2) whenever you exit or enter a season the fan art seems to momenterily flicker back to the default art and then to the extra fanart again. This makes the whole process feel a little clunky

Still, I love the feature... once again great work ronnie.

- Rastan - 2010-11-02

Hi Ronie,

I love all the new changes you have made! Big Grin My apologies if this has been asked before but I was just wondering if it would at all be possible on the home screen to have the movie total count with the random script? (The same as it is with the recently added script)

- ronie - 2010-11-03

Rastan Wrote:Hi Ronie,

I love all the new changes you have made! Big Grin My apologies if this has been asked before but I was just wondering if it would at all be possible on the home screen to have the movie total count with the random script? (The same as it is with the recently added script)

it's not supported by the random items script at this point.

as soon as i have a minute to spare, i'll see if i (with my non existent python skills) can copy it over from the recently added script...or have anyone else do it for me. :-)

i agree it would be nice to have the total count as well with the random script.

- ronie - 2010-11-03

Soutie Wrote:Ronnie,

First off great work, ever since I've discovered it I've been using T! and cant imagine using anyting else.

that said I have been using the SVN version for the extra fanart for the series and have noticed two minor issues.

1) When attempting to scroll through the series list quickly the extra fanart seems to slow the whole process and cause alot of lag. If the extra art isnt enabled it seems to keep the art of the last static position till you are on a new series for about a half a second before trying to update the art. With the extra art it attempts to update it immedietly, causing said lag. that half second or so delay really makes a whole hell of a lot of difference.

not exactly sure what's causing it. i've never noticed it myself, but i'm not an active user of extrafanart.

some other experiences here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=628570&postcount=103

bottom line is, xbmc does not support extra-fanart, so what you get is a skin hack to make it work anyway.
these workarounds are never perfect, won't always work and may have side-effects.

Soutie Wrote:2) whenever you exit or enter a season the fan art seems to momenterily flicker back to the default art and then to the extra fanart again. This makes the whole process feel a little clunky

it's due to the fact the season fanart in loaded on top of the regular fanart, so that one may be visible for a fraction of a second.
i need to load the regular fanart as well, since there's no way to tell if a season fanart is available....as far as i know.
but i will have another look at it.

Some issues - pang - 2010-11-03

Ronie,

I noticed that the trailer icon not always works, and when they don't work and you press I and choose play trailer, the trailer plays.

Btw that icon sucks a bit,

can you please do a view ala big cirrus, where there is a list on the right and info at the bottom with the movie rating (r, pg etc) kinda like T! fanart view but the big cirrus one is much better and when you press left the movie info shows at the bottom, and there is a nice trailer icon to the right of the movie title. further more when you press I in big cirrus is much nicer, the transperancy one is showing a bit its age.

I hate comparing and still think yours is the best skin overall and that is why i tell you so you get the best ideas of other skins and merge them into transperancy.

Thanks for the hard work and continious updated ronie

Pang

- ronie - 2010-11-03

pang Wrote:I noticed that the trailer icon not always works, and when they don't work and you press I and choose play trailer, the trailer plays.

in which view...or does it work for some trailers and not for others?
also, a Debug Log would help a lot. :-)

pang Wrote:Btw that icon sucks a bit

i've recently replaced it...a week ago or so.

pang Wrote:can you please do a view ala big cirrus, where there is a list on the right and info at the bottom with the movie rating (r, pg etc) kinda like T! fanart view but the big cirrus one is much better and when you press left the movie info shows at the bottom, and there is a nice trailer icon to the right of the movie title. further more when you press I in big cirrus is much nicer, the transperancy one is showing a bit its age.

will see what i can do. can't make any promises, but updating several views is on my list of things to do.

- pang - 2010-11-03

Yes i know you changed it the trailer icon i have latest svn but still sucks a bit, dunno why. and yes it works for some trailers and not works for others but when you press I its always works

i installed the next aired script and enabled it in settings, should i see something? since everything remained the same.

very nice skin indeed, i always fall to this skin.

- ronie - 2010-11-03

pang Wrote:Yes i know you changed it the trailer icon i have latest svn but still sucks a bit, dunno why.

come up with a better one and i'll add it. ;-)

pang Wrote:and yes it works for some trailers and not works for others but when you press I its always works

need a Debug Log then.

pang Wrote:i installed the next aired script and enabled it in settings, should i see something? since everything remained the same.

you should see a notification when the next episode is aired, as can be seen here.
this won't work for tv shows that have ended of course, only running series.

when it doesn't work, it might be a script error, or the shoe isn't listed at http://tvrage.com/

how about... - ronie - 2010-11-04

changing the recently added / weather / system info on the home screen to something like this:

like? don't like? suggestions?