Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

- nuzecast - 2010-11-04

I like it much better.

- gabbott - 2010-11-04

I'm diggin' it

Well you asked. - PatK - 2010-11-04

The cross faded box you have now seems pretty reasonable...when I roll my mouse over any area of the screen that horizontally intercepts with the info, I get new fanart... kinda unexpected, but nice. I'm of the minimalistic approach...less is more. I always ask myself, if I'm adding a box, line or graphic... what does it add to functionality, asthetics, or comprehension. That said, the graphics are more compatible with other areas of the interface.

I'd be much more interested in a script on start-up that brings a full blown short video/animation that instantly grab the eyeballs and a Bing Bong tad da noise to let you know the sound system is turned on before settling back into a more mundane homepage. I'd like to see the transparency effect somewhat clearer.. at 20% it's still to dark in the daytime... any chance we could have an infinite slider from 0 to 100% ?

I'd like to add, from my point of view this is the 'BEST' skin XBMC has to offer, might not be as light, compatible or bug free as others... but being best is pretty hard to top, at this point visual enhancement is kinda of secondary, I see functionality and presentation taking precedent.

great job - pang - 2010-11-04

I like, any change is good,

if you keep the old and let us choose style would be even better

if you could make the recently added a bit bigger and with more then 3 last added , like 5 or 10 it would be great

even the weather icon it would be nice if it was bigger and some stats would also be nice

keep up the great job,

btw about the pictures can there me fanart for geners, like holidays, birthdays, beach etc so we can organise the pictures like in an album

thanks you ronie for your work

- stokedfish - 2010-11-05

now this is why i love transparency...

- dsim - 2010-11-05

this is much better, but it looks like not finished, i think. is the blue button (recently added) to much? maybe is better without blue bulk?

- ronie - 2010-11-05

dsim Wrote:this is much better, but it looks like not finished, i think. is the blue button (recently added) to much? maybe is better without blue bulk?

agreed, it's too big and the font should be smaller.

- ronie - 2010-11-05

pang Wrote:btw about the pictures can there me fanart for geners, like holidays, birthdays, beach etc so we can organise the pictures like in an album

that should be implemented in xbmc first...since there currently is no pictures database, you can't sort into genres.

there's a Picture addon (My Pictures Database) though, that may suit your needs.

- ronie - 2010-11-05

PatK Wrote:The cross faded box you have now seems pretty reasonable...when I roll my mouse over any area of the screen that horizontally intercepts with the info, I get new fanart... kinda unexpected, but nice. I'm of the minimalistic approach...less is more. I always ask myself, if I'm adding a box, line or graphic... what does it add to functionality, asthetics, or comprehension. That said, the graphics are more compatible with other areas of the interface.

cheers for your thoughts. while i'm not a 'less is more' type (i'm a sucker for eye-candy) i don't want to clutter any of the screens with too much info, so no worries about that.
the proposed idea is simply an effort to update the looks of the skin in some places. there's plenty of things i currently don't like in the skin, the shutdown menu and the player controls are probably the best examples.

i do like the new settings screen however, so got the idea to use this style in other places too.

as much as i like the coding part of skinning, the graphics side is really not my cup of tea. hence, i throw up some ideas every now and then to get some feedback on how to improve things.

PatK Wrote:I'd be much more interested in a script on start-up that brings a full blown short video/animation that instantly grab the eyeballs and a Bing Bong tad da noise to let you know the sound system is turned on before settling back into a more mundane homepage.

i don't have any pyhton skills, so you're knocking on the wrong door. ;-)
if there was such a script, T! would most certainly support it.

PatK Wrote:I'd like to see the transparency effect somewhat clearer.. at 20% it's still to dark in the daytime... any chance we could have an infinite slider from 0 to 100% ?

infinite is not really possible. the way xbmc works means i have to code every single setting between 0 and 100. i could add few more options, say 10/30/50/70/90, but the difference will be hard to spot.

PatK Wrote:I'd like to add, from my point of view this is the 'BEST' skin XBMC has to offer, might not be as light, compatible or bug free as others...

light? maybe not...it partly depends on how many bells and whistles you enable in skin settings. but it should be as compatible as any other skin on the block.

as for the bugs, i guess you know the drill, spot 'm & report 'm. :-)

- JDizzy - 2010-11-05

I have downloaded from the svn 2 times and for the life of me can't figure out why the 'NextAired' script doesn't seem to show up in Skin->Scripts.

I have installed the addon, enabled it through addons, and as I said, downloaded the most current svn, rebooted, and no setting in Transparency to show the info.

I am using the 'fanart' screen in the TV section.

- PatK - 2010-11-05

Picasso speaking about style: Good artists borrow, Great artists steel Wink

- eddiem - 2010-11-05

JDizzy Wrote:I have downloaded from the svn 2 times and for the life of me can't figure out why the 'NextAired' script doesn't seem to show up in Skin->Scripts.

I have installed the addon, enabled it through addons, and as I said, downloaded the most current svn, rebooted, and no setting in Transparency to show the info.

Have you run the script in "Video add ons" to get the next aired info?

- JDizzy - 2010-11-05

see next

- JDizzy - 2010-11-05

eddiem Wrote:Have you run the script in "Video add ons" to get the next aired info?

Run the script??!

Ahhhh... I see!
I have submenus turned-off for TV and therefore did not see the 'Addon' option from there.
Now, after running it does show on screen.

But, no option in Transparency to enable it (I would assume it would be the same as TV themes script that shows up on list).
Still not showing in TV Fanart screen as I browse through the shows.

Running Transparency v3.11.1 (SVN)

- ronie - 2010-11-05

JDizzy Wrote:I have downloaded from the svn 2 times and for the life of me can't figure out why the 'NextAired' script doesn't seem to show up in Skin->Scripts.

do you have multiple installations of Transparency!?

check Settings > System Info
it should say 'Transparency! v3.11.1 (SVN)' there