Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-13, 23:53)ronie Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 19:12)m4x1m Wrote: Hi ronie,

in Movie Set, rating and year are visible. Wink

thanx! i'll have to kill those :-)

i've checked in confluence and it also displays the year info there.
seems like it's a xbmc issue, not a skin one.

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - PatK - 2013-03-19

Perhaps I'm getting the T! SVN version mixed up with Frodo T!, but I thought you moved the watched check flag from lop left to right and it still appears on the left (I'm one of those logo making image guys atm) and I'm wondering if you might consider tightening up the shadow mask on the titles (cover flow mode).

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 18:24)PatK Wrote: Perhaps I'm getting the T! SVN version mixed up with Frodo T!, but I thought you moved the watched check flag from lop left to right and it still appears on the left (I'm one of those logo making image guys atm) and I'm wondering if you might consider tightening up the shadow mask on the titles (cover flow mode).

hmm.. i changed it in slide view but not in coverflow.
will change it there too.

what's up with the shadow mask?
afaik i'm using the same one all throughout the skin.
anything in particular wrong with the one in coverflow?

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - PatK - 2013-03-20

Not to insulate there is anything wrong, T! has always been my way of looking at XBMC. I suspect that the placement of logo's was not in the original design of T! and subsequent developments have altered the placement of of various elements within T! As the first image shows, the title shadow mask overlaps the logo to such a degree, in that the image logo content is compromised and the watched symbol out of place in coverflow. In Icon mode the watched flag is perfect and there is no overlap. In the second and third image, the title shadow is much longer than needed (I do have 1 or 2 titles that long) but usually the titles are 2 words, 4 letters, and the shadow mask under the synopsis is much heavier and extends far beyond the area needed to give suitable comprehension to the text.

I know I can eliminate the shadow masks, (I tried it, and both synopsis and tags become very hard to read) but perhaps just tightening up the length and twining the image transparency between the title shadow and the synopsis backdrop would give a bit more of a fresh look with the watched status either next to the tags or next to the trailer icon.

I could see a new view based on Logo titles, with some sort of fanart, disk, cover mix.

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-03-21

yup, that correct. it's often quite difficult to add new elements after the initial design has been finished.
there's only so much screen estate and yet so many options want in a skin.

the checkmark should at least be fixed in the latest update :-)

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - PatK - 2013-03-22

Many moons of thanks for keeping T! on your horizon...

Is there was anyway I could get you to consider logo's in place of titles (if there is one, otherwise it reverts to basic text), if would be outstanding in a few views and there looks like enough room at the top. No response required, just want to plant the seed.

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - hfmls - 2013-04-03

am i the only one that can only download "media" folder?

http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - PatK - 2013-04-05

(2013-03-21, 00:31)ronie Wrote: the checkmark should at least be fixed in the latest update :-)

Picked up v5.0.10 from trunk; (looks like the same version I picked up when Frodo first hit) checkmark is in the same place; is there newer some other place?

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - bally4 - 2013-04-13

ronie,
I recently started using T! and I'm loving it. Is the SVN version the same as the Frodo release version? In other words, would I gain anything if I install the SVN version instead?

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-04-13

(2013-04-13, 20:11)bally4 Wrote: ronie,
I recently started using T! and I'm loving it. Is the SVN version the same as the Frodo release version? In other words, would I gain anything if I install the SVN version instead?

the svn version of Transparency! is for XBMC nightly builds only.
when new features are added to XBMC, they sometimes require skin changes as well.
see first post of this thread for a list of them...

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - giaur - 2013-08-18

I don't knot if it's some kind of bug, but - where are 'tv' and 'info" icon that was available on full screen osd after pressing 'i' on keyboard? After pressing right arrow, there was description and tv signal info displayed.

I can see these icons are removed now. There is 'i' icon on mouse full screen osd, but I don't see any possibility to display tv signal strength. So, in summary:
- do you plan to add 'i' and 'tv' icons on full screen osd displayed after pressing 'i'? (actually there are no any icons there at all)
- how can I display live tv signal strength?

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-18, 22:36)giaur Wrote: I don't knot if it's some kind of bug, but - where are 'tv' and 'info" icon that was available on full screen osd after pressing 'i' on keyboard?

due to changes in xbmc, that was not possible anymore.
those icons have been moved to the video osd.

so instead of pressing 'i', press 'm'. :-)

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - giaur - 2013-08-18

Ok, m displays event info. What about dvb-t signal indicators? It was available on 'TV' icon after pressing right arrow. How can I display this info now? There is no icon for this....

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-18, 22:43)giaur Wrote: Ok, m displays event info. What about dvb-t signal indicators? It was available on 'TV' icon after pressing right arrow. How can I display this info now? There is no icon for this....

it got lost in space it seems.

if you update the T! svn repo, it should be there again.
i decided to follow the way confluence has implemented,
the info is now accessible by pressing 'o'.

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ashlar - 2013-09-10

How is support for Gotham nightlies going? Smile