Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-09-10

(2013-09-10, 18:12)ashlar Wrote: How is support for Gotham nightlies going? Smile

you can safely assume i keep T! svn up-to-date with the latest changes in xbmc.

Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ashlar - 2013-09-11

(2013-09-10, 21:35)ronie Wrote:
(2013-09-10, 18:12)ashlar Wrote: How is support for Gotham nightlies going? Smile

you can safely assume i keep T! svn up-to-date with the latest changes in xbmc.
thanks, you're the best ronie!

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - mrhyde1969 - 2013-09-11

Hi, I have recently built a new system for my main HTPC. I have been running an old build of Eden and Trans' (because of its digital plus support), but for my new build have installed tha latest nighly, now that this also supports digital plus. The problem now is that I cant get music 'extrafanart' working. I am aware of how movie and tv art support has changed and how to get that working, but cant find anything about music extrafanart.. Is this a limitation of the nightlies or am I missing somethingHuh

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-09-11

(2013-09-11, 07:35)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Hi, I have recently built a new system for my main HTPC. I have been running an old build of Eden and Trans' (because of its digital plus support), but for my new build have installed tha latest nighly, now that this also supports digital plus. The problem now is that I cant get music 'extrafanart' working. I am aware of how movie and tv art support has changed and how to get that working, but cant find anything about music extrafanart.. Is this a limitation of the nightlies or am I missing somethingHuh

have you selected your music folder in:
Settings > Skin Settings > General > Music folder path
?

(2013-09-11, 12:29)ronie Wrote:
(2013-09-11, 07:35)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Hi, I have recently built a new system for my main HTPC. I have been running an old build of Eden and Trans' (because of its digital plus support), but for my new build have installed tha latest nighly, now that this also supports digital plus. The problem now is that I cant get music 'extrafanart' working. I am aware of how movie and tv art support has changed and how to get that working, but cant find anything about music extrafanart.. Is this a limitation of the nightlies or am I missing somethingHuh

have you selected your music folder in:
Settings > Skin Settings > General > Music folder path
?

Yes done that. My new build is getting all my music over smb share if that makes any difference. Got this workinf fine on my other system running an old eden build

Weird because they are showing up in the background when I am searching via album view.

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-09-11

(2013-09-11, 17:04)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Weird because they are showing up in the background when I am searching via album view.

is your music collection stored in a /music/artist/album/songs.mp3 hierarchy?
that's needed for it to work properly.

otherwise, post a Debug Log if you can't figure it out

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - mrhyde1969 - 2013-09-15

Hi Ronie, I have manged to sort this out. I didn't realise that I had to use the artwork manager add-on to display extrafanart now. This was not needed in the Eden build I was using. Just to let you know I have been using Trans' for almost two years now and think its the best skin, especially now you have implemented the scrolling of artist,track, and time info on the now playing screen which I enquired about last year Smile Thanks for all your hard work..

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-15, 20:46)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Hi Ronie, I have manged to sort this out. I didn't realise that I had to use the artwork manager add-on to display extrafanart now.

you don't. Smile

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - steve1977 - 2013-09-19

Not sure whether this is the right thread, but didn't want to open yet another new one.

I am thinking to start using video nodes to split my movie library into 2 parts (2D movies and 3D movies). I believe that I know how to accomplish this over an XML file, but curious how this impacts my Transparency! experience:

1) Can I have my home screen displaying 3 libraries: "Movies" (through XML excluding 3D movies), "3D Movies" (created through favorite and XML file pointing only to use 3D movies"), "TV shows" (as is)

2) How will "recently added movies" behave when having these three libraries? On home screen and as part of the library?

3) Any impact on menu order?

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-09-19

(2013-09-19, 14:31)steve1977 Wrote: Not sure whether this is the right thread, but didn't want to open yet another new one.

I am thinking to start using video nodes to split my movie library into 2 parts (2D movies and 3D movies). I believe that I know how to accomplish this over an XML file, but curious how this impacts my Transparency! experience:

1) Can I have my home screen displaying 3 libraries: "Movies" (through XML excluding 3D movies), "3D Movies" (created through favorite and XML file pointing only to use 3D movies"), "TV shows" (as is)

2) How will "recently added movies" behave when having these three libraries? On home screen and as part of the library?

3) Any impact on menu order?

1) you can map them (as favourite) to any of the custom menu buttons
2) recently added will only work with the default movies / tv shows menu items.
3) custom menu entries will be listed at the bottom of the menu

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - steve1977 - 2013-09-20

Thanks for your quick reply.

From other forum posts, I understand that I can exclude some movies from the default library (by editing the respective XML file). If doing so, would this impact the associated "recently added" (i.e., also excluding the movies that I have manually excluded).

Pity that there are no recently added for the "new" nodes that I create. What would it take to have them display? Is that a script or a XBMC or a script thing?

Same question for changing menu entry order. I see some other skins being able to do so. Will this also find T! anytime soon?

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-09-20

(2013-09-20, 02:29)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks for your quick reply.

From other forum posts, I understand that I can exclude some movies from the default library (by editing the respective XML file). If doing so, would this impact the associated "recently added" (i.e., also excluding the movies that I have manually excluded).
nope, recently added movies from the entire library will be shown. this is just how the skin widgets script (which is used to show the recently added items on the home screen) works.
(2013-09-20, 02:29)steve1977 Wrote: Pity that there are no recently added for the "new" nodes that I create. What would it take to have them display? Is that a script or a XBMC or a script thing?
there's currently no script that does this, so you'd need to create a new script for it.
(2013-09-20, 02:29)steve1977 Wrote: Same question for changing menu entry order. I see some other skins being able to do so. Will this also find T! anytime soon?
not likely, way too much code to get it done.
i'll wait 'till this gets merged into xbmc: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167361

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - versus - 2013-10-09

Using latest nightly from 08.10 I cannot add favorite item to custom menu in Transparency! 6.0.0
When I check custom menu and click to add favorite item nothing happens although there are 3 items in my favorites.

EDIT:Yeah, forgot this: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/script.favourites/

On a fresh XBMC install did git sync on a skin folder - no installation via zip, so probably for this reason no dependencies installed. Am I missing something else?

RE: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - ronie - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 02:12)versus Wrote: Using latest nightly from 08.10 I cannot add favorite item to custom menu in Transparency! 6.0.0
When I check custom menu and click to add favorite item nothing happens although there are 3 items in my favorites.

EDIT:Yeah, forgot this: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/script.favourites/

thats the version for xbmc eden.
make sure you have the latest version for frodo (4.0.9)
the Debug Log will tell you which version you're using.