Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

- ronie - 2010-11-12

bgrant721 Wrote:Ronnie

Thanks for the quick reply. I have installed the SVN T! skin and that is working well. Are there more SVN addons that can be installed? When I go to

Settings, Addons, Get Addons,

I just see XBMC.org addons. Should I be able to see SVN addons there also?

not sure i'm following you. what are you specifically looking for?

there's a large amount of addons in the xbmc addon repo...
and there are some third party addon repos as well:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Unofficial_Add-on_Repositories

- stokedfish - 2010-11-12

what he or she means is (i guess) that he can only see one sub menu point called "xbmc.org addons". if there is only one sub menu it doesn't make any sense to even make this sub menu.

coz then you could just go straight to the list of addons, right?

edit: shame on me. i see there are third party addon repos, so yes, it does make sense. ugh.

- htpc guy - 2010-11-12

bgrant721 Wrote:Ronnie

Thanks for the quick reply. I have installed the SVN T! skin and that is working well. Are there more SVN addons that can be installed? When I go to

Settings, Addons, Get Addons,

I just see XBMC.org addons. Should I be able to see SVN addons there also?

Regards,

Brian

By default XBMC will only show you the XBMC.org addons. You will have to search the forums for additional repositories. The one I always recommend is Bluecops Addon Repository. It has Hulu, South Park and several others. When you find these repositories in the forums you can unzip the folders and put them in your xbmc/addons directory. Then go to the addons in the settings menu and you will see them.

- Henkske - 2010-11-14

I dont know if this is a skin issue or just an xbmc " issue " but i never experienced it before.

When my main pc is off ( where my movies are stored ) i can't scroll normally in my moviedatabase. Its shows all the movies but it takes 10sec or something to switch to the next movie. When my pc on on i can scroll normally

Is this a skin issue?

- ronie - 2010-11-14

Henkske Wrote:I dont know if this is a skin issue or just an xbmc " issue " but i never experienced it before.

When my main pc is off ( where my movies are stored ) i can't scroll normally in my moviedatabase. Its shows all the movies but it takes 10sec or something to switch to the next movie. When my pc on on i can scroll normally

Is this a skin issue?

have you enabled "extra fanart" for movies?
that could be the issue, as the skin will try to load the fanart images from your main pc.

also test with the Confluence skin to see if it's a T! issue or not.

- Henkske - 2010-11-16

ronie Wrote:have you enabled "extra fanart" for movies?
that could be the issue, as the skin will try to load the fanart images from your main pc.

also test with the Confluence skin to see if it's a T! issue or not.

Thx this fixed itSmile

- nuzecast - 2010-11-16

I know this is being ultra-picky but that line under the XBMC logo (home screen) drives me crazy Oo

I used to extract the old xpr and replace it but now with xbt I don't know how.

Any chance of a skin setting where we could pick an image of our choice to use as the logo?

- ronie - 2010-11-16

nuzecast Wrote:I know this is being ultra-picky but that line under the XBMC logo (home screen) drives me crazy Oo

I used to extract the old xpr and replace it but now with xbt I don't know how.

Any chance of a skin setting where we could pick an image of our choice to use as the logo?

i'll add it to my todo list.

for the time being just put a logo.png in the media folder
and replace xbmc-logo.png with logo.png in Home.xml

Questions questions... forgot what I did last time. - PatK - 2010-11-19

Just grabbed the SVN version of transparency! It's sitting on my desktop and before I screw something up... just want to confirm the location it should reside.

I've got a folder called transparency-xbmc on the desktop which contains:
folders
.snv
branches
tags
trunks

I should rename 'trunk' folder to transparency! and copy to
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\Transparency!

or

rename it to skin.transparency!

C:\Documents and Settings\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency

or copy the whole enchilada into roaming as skin.transparency! or dig further down into branches/dharma and copy that into roaming?

- ronie - 2010-11-19

PatK Wrote:Just grabbed the SVN version of transparency! It's sitting on my desktop and before I screw something up... just want to confirm the location it should reside.

I've got a folder called transparency-xbmc on the desktop which contains:
folders
.snv
branches
tags
trunks

I should rename 'trunk' folder to transparency! and copy to
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\Transparency!

or

rename it to skin.transparency!

C:\Documents and Settings\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency

or copy the whole enchilada into roaming as skin.transparency! or dig further down into branches/dharma and copy that into roaming?

you only have to download trunk, but since you got it all,
rename trunk to skin.transparency and put it in
C:\Documents and Settings\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\

- PatK - 2010-11-20

ronie Wrote:you only have to download trunk, but since you got it all,
rename trunk to skin.transparency and put it in
C:\Documents and Settings\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\

renaming trunk to skin.transparency results in confluence skin popping up.

renaming branches/Dharma folder to skin.transparency seemed to do it.

But looks like I've lost the most recent boxes, count, links etc.. I'll look around for more surprises.
Most of the movie sets didn't make the transition... when I say 'most', some did, they're still showing up as sets in XWMM which is how I set some of them.

If you can point at the offending file?

- stokedfish - 2010-11-20

hello world. whenever i play 320 kbps mp3s with t! it says it's 32 kbps... weird. i haven't tried other skins, maybe it's a bug in xbmc. did anyone notice the same?

- ronie - 2010-11-20

stokedfish Wrote:hello world. whenever i play 320 kbps mp3s with t! it says it's 32 kbps... weird. i haven't tried other skins, maybe it's a bug in xbmc. did anyone notice the same?

fixed it some time ago in svn. should be fixed in next stable release.
if you still have issues with either of those, please report back.

- ronie - 2010-11-20

PatK Wrote:renaming trunk to skin.transparency results in confluence skin popping up.

renaming branches/Dharma folder to skin.transparency seemed to do it.

But looks like I've lost the most recent boxes, count, links etc.. I'll look around for more surprises.
Most of the movie sets didn't make the transition... when I say 'most', some did, they're still showing up as sets in XWMM which is how I set some of them.

If you can point at the offending file?

please don't use brances/Dharma. it's old and outdated, not supported, and it's only there for personal testing purposes.

if you've switched to the svn version of T!, you need to re-enable the recently added info in skin settings.

movie sets are handled by xbmc, so nothing i can do about. ;-)

- PatK - 2010-11-20

ronie Wrote:please don't use brances/Dharma. it's old and outdated, not supported, and it's only there for personal testing purposes.

if you've switched to the svn version of T!, you need to re-enable the recently added info in skin settings.

movie sets are handled by xbmc, so nothing i can do about. ;-)

I re-downloaded just the trunk, and placed it... looks like all is well expect for movie sets. V3.11.2 and RC1 and I'm seeing new items in settings.