Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds (/showthread.php?tid=83643)

Request - pang - 2010-11-20

First of all the error where the trailers are not played i opened a ticked a week ago but no one seem to have noticed it yet Ticket #10673

Secondly can you do a movies view like the one big cirrus has (where the list is on the right side) + the movie ratings as they are, then you press right twice to view trailer.

Thanks

- ronie - 2010-11-20

pang Wrote:First of all the error where the trailers are not played i opened a ticked a week ago but no one seem to have noticed it yet Ticket #10673
maybe you can post about your problem in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85295

it looks like a similar issue to me.

pang Wrote:Secondly can you do a movies view like the one big cirrus has (where the list is on the right side) + the movie ratings as they are, then you press right twice to view trailer.

it looks a lot like the fanart view in T! if you ask me.
so i may update the fanart view a bit one day, but i won't create a new view.

- PatK - 2010-11-20

My movie-set issue has disappeared.. They're all showing again after I toggled the extrafanart off and restarting and playing around with the views... in truth I have no idea why they came back.

I do like some of the changes in the new T!

- pang - 2010-11-21

Please see Ticket #10673 for trailer problems

Pang

Shut down menu, are scripts invoked? - PatK - 2010-11-22

In the shut down menu (box that pops up when you hit the shutdown button) The buttons Restart XBMC and Shutdown computer only work to shut down XBMC. Curiously the reboot computer button does work, reading the wiki it looks like most of the buttons were designed with the XBOX in mind.

I'm trying to shut down the whole system, after watching a movie on the TV

- ronie - 2010-11-22

PatK Wrote:In the shut down menu (box that pops up when you hit the shutdown button) The buttons Restart XBMC and Shutdown computer only work to shut down XBMC. Curiously the reboot computer button does work, reading the wiki it looks like most of the buttons were designed with the XBOX in mind.

I'm trying to shut down the whole system, after watching a movie on the TV

doublecheck if Settings > System > Powersaving > Shutdown function
is set to 'Shutdown'.

for the rest, ask for help in the window/linux/mac subforum, depending on what OS you're using.

- PatK - 2010-11-22

ronie Wrote:doublecheck if Settings > System > Powersaving > Shutdown function
is set to 'Shutdown'.

for the rest, ask for help in the window/linux/mac subforum, depending on what OS you're using.

Guess I missed that one... I did find it and turned it on, tested to work. Turns it all off with the focus default to the TV and ignores the shutdown script that returns the focus to the main system monitor before the kill. Looks like a mod of the script is in order..

Rounding poster edges - pang - 2010-11-26

Ronie can you please round the poster edges and maybe give them a nice glow, you can steal some code from the other skins, since i dont use the cases and square edges looks old fashioned.

When you select a set only the poster and fanart are shown, if you can make some info like how many movies inside the set or a bigger icon to show its got multiple movies in it. something that makes it pop a bit.

and for some unknown reason the conditional fanart in weather is not showing in svn

and the trailer icon can you place it next to the movie name in the fanart view

thanks
Jas

- ronie - 2010-11-26

pang Wrote:Ronie can you please round the poster edges and maybe give them a nice glow, you can steal some code from the other skins, since i dont use the cases and square edges looks old fashioned.

short answer: no!
long answer: in the past a request popped up every now and then to make the cases optional. each time my reply was, 'no, it just won't look good without them'. but requests kept coming so i finally gave in (against better judgement).
if i round the corners of the posters, tey'll also be used with the cases...unless i duplicate the code for all posters and make one with and one without rounded corners. which will be another gazillion lines of code, slowing down the skin to a full stop in the end.

same goes for the new dvd/blu-ray cases. first you get a 100 request to add them, but as soon as they're there another 100 users want the old ones back.
bottom line, i can't please everyone and i have to keep in mind if the amount of code/work is sane to add a certain feature or not.

pang Wrote:When you select a set only the poster and fanart are shown, if you can make some info like how many movies inside the set or a bigger icon to show its got multiple movies in it. something that makes it pop a bit.
not possible at the moment.
this has to be implemented in xbmc first.

pang Wrote:and for some unknown reason the conditional fanart in weather is not showing in svn

i haven't made any changes to that in a long time and it's working fine here.
have you installed the weather fanart pack?
and selected it in
Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Weather > Conditional > Options > Path

pang Wrote:and the trailer icon can you place it next to the movie name in the fanart view
nope, i'd rather leave some room there for long movie titles.

- Soutie - 2010-11-30

Ronnie, Just a quick one. Dunno if this is a T! issue or a script issue

With the next aired script, I have noticed that on completed series (stargate is a perfect example) it doesn't bring up the next aired block which is great, but once you have a movie linked to the series the next aired block pops up when you highlight the movie, even though the block is empty.

- ronie - 2010-11-30

Soutie Wrote:Ronnie, Just a quick one. Dunno if this is a T! issue or a script issue

With the next aired script, I have noticed that on completed series (stargate is a perfect example) it doesn't bring up the next aired block which is great, but once you have a movie linked to the series the next aired block pops up when you highlight the movie, even though the block is empty.

most likely my fault....i'll look into it.

cheers!

- ronie - 2010-11-30

fixed in svn.

- Soutie - 2010-12-01

Man thats quick, Thanks Ronie Big Grin

- JustinAiken - 2010-12-02

If I were to switch from the official version to the SVN, how do I copy my settings over?

- ronie - 2010-12-02

clock2113 Wrote:If I were to switch from the official version to the SVN, how do I copy my settings over?

you don't have to.
updating the skin won't touch your settings.