Kodi Community Forum
Cirrus Mods - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: Cirrus Mods (/showthread.php?tid=83818)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- butchabay - 2010-12-29

Malexx Wrote:Cirrus 2.0 Media Mod 1.3 Update

Added
- IMDB Top250 Ratings in Different Views
- Added Trailer Activation On click

for Details see THIS THREAD on Page 6

Great mate, just great! Thank you.

great skin digger - Greg. - 2010-12-29

love it, But the only reason you dont have an instant convert is (and increasingly missing from new skins), the path in the info screens. I have 2400+ movies in the library and knowing the path/filename is imperative, else well done.

Have since done a quick fix myself, see Path fix

Thanks - pang - 2010-12-29

Thanks for the Mod, if you can add these to big cirrus it would be great or add the best features of big cirrus to your mod.

anyway a huge thanks for making a great skin even better

PS if you could add cinema experience it would be ultimate

Pang

No IMDB showing up - mattg42 - 2010-12-29

Hi, I've installed the other excellent Cirrus mods 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 previously and all work well on top of the Cirrus 1.0 release. However with this new release, everything but IMDB is working.

I am getting Genres and extra's artwork, TV Tunes, trailers work very well (excellent feature btw), etc but on all of the screens mentioned in the thread, no IMDB rating.

Am I missing something? I've reinstalled Cirrus and the mod twice now and same result.

Help would be greatly appreciated. All the best!

- supertom44 - 2010-12-29

pang Wrote:Thanks for the Mod, if you can add these to big cirrus it would be great or add the best features of big cirrus to your mod.

I second that, love this mode but there are a few things from big cirrus i love like pressing right in the right list view mode to see the plot.

Still a cracking mod!

- Malexx - 2010-12-30

@mattg42
Be Aware that this shows only the Rankings from the IMDB Top250 Movies.

For the Top250 IMDB Feature you need to prepare your Movies for example with Ember Media Manager which supports the Top250Tag.
In your Movie.nfo File you need to have something like this:
Code:
<top250>55</top250>
  <rating>8.5</rating>
  <votes>172,366</votes>
  <mpaa>Rated R for monster violence, and for language. (1992 special edition)</mpaa>

I dont know if XBMC have this feature itself since i prepare all my Movies with Ember.

To try if it works take a movie and edit the Movie.nfo and add
for example
Code:
<top250>55</top250>

See if this works.
You have the choise to scan your movies with Ember or manually edit the NFos for your Top250 Files.

Edit:Another possible Problem could be the Language,since i couldnt edited all Languages Files cause of missing Characters,so please tell me in which Language you are using XBMC?

- Malexx - 2010-12-30

For the Big.Cirrus Requests ..... when i am finished with some other things i want to do to Cirrus 2.0 i maybe can take a look at it,but cant promise.
Main Problem is that BigCIrrus look pretty wiered on my System.

The Home Cinema Script is on my todo,but iam looking for a way to start the script without the need of going into the Info screen of the movie.

IMDB and Ember - mattg42 - 2010-12-30

Hi Malexx, thanks for the detailed answer.

The problem I have (like many I guess) is I'm using an AppleTV with Sam's Pin image/Umbuntu which uses XBMC's embedded scrapper to get the tags and prepare the DB. I thought your function was using the XBMC process and tags somehow, so apologies for getting that wrong. I don't have any .nfo files on my system as I rely on XBMC to do that retrieval process.

As Ember is Windows only I believe, and my XBMC is running on Linux, I want to avoid using two tools / two operating systems to index the files. Also I only run Linux or MacOSX in the house so two's enough.Laugh

It would be a great addition as a core XBMC feature request but for the time being, I'll just have to forget that one and keep with the standard displays in Cirrus.

That said, your integration of Trailers and TV Tunes has been a great addition to the skin, so thank you.

- Malexx - 2010-12-30

another solution is if you export your Movie Info from XBMC to NFO and then edit the Top250 Movies manually,but this is a bit of work for such a little mod.

Sorry no other solution.

Cirrus Extended - Malexx - 2010-12-31

Me again.

Since my little Mod grows i decided to rename this Mod to Cirrus Extended
Version 1 can be found on Page6 of this Thread where it also get Updates to the Mod.

Cleaned up the whole thing a little and added Options in the Skin Settings to Enable/Disable some Features.
Also modified the Rightlist View to use Banners(Poster will follow)

have fun and iam thankfull for any suggestions etc (Big.Cirrus is out of Focus for the Moment,sorry)

- supertom44 - 2010-12-31

No worries about Big Cirrus, have you thought about adding the way it deals with the plot for the movies.

Ie in right list view the plot is not show until you press right then you can scroll through it using up and down and press left to return control to the list.

Only reason I bring it up is quite often the plot goes off the screen and im not a fan of auto scrolling.

- Malexx - 2010-12-31

I have something in mind for showing plot,but its not the same like in BigCirrus.It would be more like Backrow Style.
Iam working on it.Only drawback is that you cant access trailer with one click,first you have to click for plot and second time for trailer.
For a quick solution until my mod is ready you could show the plotoutline instead of plot so you avoid scrolling.
If you dont know how to do it tell me and i make a rightlist with plotoutline.

- supertom44 - 2010-12-31

Many thanks for the reply, I see what you mean about trailers, I'd imagine people would view the plot more often than they would the trailer, so shouldn't be too bad.

No worries about the plot outline its nothing major, backrow is a nice skin too, looking forward to next update.

Cirrus Extended - Malexx - 2011-01-01

Next Update will follow soon withsome tweaks in Viewfiles.
A little Preview for Fanart View in Episodelevel but i have to explain why i think this view servs better(for me).
What annoys me in most Fanart Views on Episode Level is that you have the Thumb from the Episode in the Scrolllist and again a bigger Thumb somewhere onscreen.Why would i watch the same picture twice?
So i made a little change which looks like this.

Instead of showing the Big Thumb(which you already have in the scroll list)the Season Thumb should serv as a reminder in which Season you are.
You just need a seasonthumb.jpg in your seasonfolder.If you dont have seasonthumbs for all your shows it will fallback to episodethumb.
Your Poster Images for the Season View still works.

Of course you can disable this feature to go back to normal view.

Will make some other Tweaks on Views and then release Update 1.1

suggestions welcome ...

- supertom44 - 2011-01-01

Malexx Wrote:Why would i watch the same picture twice?

I couldn't agree more, I always tend to steer away from views with the same picture twice the only exception I sometimes make is with fanart, when they have a faded fan art in the background then a smaller one in a window somewhere on the foreground.