Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- hewwra - 2010-12-30

A cool feature would IMHO be that there would always be a song playing no matter where I am in XBMC.

So directly when I start XBMC I'm at the home screen and a mp3 would start to play at once and it would continue to play until I enter a TV series folder then it would switch to that mp3.

Doable? Crappy idea? Already implemented by someone else?

- rflores2323 - 2010-12-30

hewwra Wrote:A cool feature would IMHO be that there would always be a song playing no matter where I am in XBMC.

So directly when I start XBMC I'm at the home screen and a mp3 would start to play at once and it would continue to play until I enter a TV series folder then it would switch to that mp3.

Doable? Crappy idea? Already implemented by someone else?

yeah I think that would be a great thing to add. basically some background music. maybe have it where you can add a folder with a bunch of .mp3 and it would randomly pick everytime you start xbmc or play one after another in a continous loop. This would be a great feature.

Xperience - jaytyler - 2010-12-30

Hi guys

Any idea what I'd need to do to get this working in Xperience?

Thanks

- ppic - 2010-12-30

you can ask the author, it's the better way: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Comparison_of_skin_features
as it doesn't seems to support it for now.

- ppic - 2010-12-30

rflores2323 Wrote:yeah I think that would be a great thing to add. basically some background music. maybe have it where you can add a folder with a bunch of .mp3 and it would randomly pick everytime you start xbmc or play one after another in a continous loop. This would be a great feature.

use playlist on start, it's supported by xbmc.

- hewwra - 2010-12-30

ppic Wrote:use playlist on start, it's supported by xbmc.

I tried that and yeah the music sure starts but when I go to a TV Series it does not play any theme music.

What I would like is this:
Start XBMC --> Default music starts
Go to a TV Series --> TV theme starts
Go anywhere else --> Default music starts again.

- Hitcher - 2010-12-30

Sorry, the visible condition wasn't meant to be in the button code.

PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="9999">
    <
description>trigger</description>
    <
onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onfocus>
    <
onfocus>SetFocus(50)</onfocus>
    <
texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
    <
texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
</
control

Visible condition to stop music overlay, etc being displayed when the script is true -

PHP Code:
<visible>!SubString(Window(videolibrary).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)</visible

- ppic - 2010-12-31

hewwra Wrote:I tried that and yeah the music sure starts but when I go to a TV Series it does not play any theme music.

What I would like is this:
Start XBMC --> Default music starts
Go to a TV Series --> TV theme starts
Go anywhere else --> Default music starts again.

yes this script won't play theme if music is playing, that was asked here.
to start background music after a play, you'll need a script to do that.

personnally i won't put a feet in that way with TvTunes, this way will be going to a gas station.

- hewwra - 2010-12-31

I edited your script a bit and added the functionality myself.

First I added 2 variables at line 33:

Code:
self.mp3 = True
self.mp3Path = 'C:\\Path\To\\playlist.py'

And then I added the following right after the line
if not xbmc.getCondVisibility( "Window.IsVisible(10025)"): self.stop():

Code:
if not xbmc.Player().isPlaying():
                    xbmc.executescript(self.mp3Path)
                    self.mp3 = True

if (xbmc.getCondVisibility( "Container.Content(Seasons)" ) or xbmc.getCondVisibility( "Container.Content(Episodes)" ) ) and self.mp3:
                   xbmc.Player().stop()
                   self.mp3 = False

Now I'll just have to keep XBMC running with this code for a while to see if I like it or if I get annoyed Wink

Playlist.py is just a script that I call from autoexec.py:

Code:
import nt, xbmc, xbmcgui

file = 'C:\\Path\\To\ThemeMusic.m3u'
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.playmedia('+file+')')
xbmc.Player().play()

autoexec.py:

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executescript('C:\\Path\To\\playlist.py')

- ppic - 2010-12-31

hum from you code, what append if you play a music file, then stop it ?

- hewwra - 2010-12-31

ppic Wrote:hum from you code, what append if you play a music file, then stop it ?

As it is now it depends. If you stop the music while you are in the TV or Movie section it starts to play the m3u I specified but if you stop it while in the Music or Home menu section nothing will be played. I would assume that neither the Home menu or the Music section uses the MyVideoNav.xml where the script is currently called from. If I add it to whatever the music and home menu xml are called it should work there as well.

- ppic - 2010-12-31

yes to do that you need the script to belaunched on home menu, and stay in background
maybe you should limit modification to my script just by adding a condition check to play or not tv tunes.
this condition will be filled by your script started on home.

- igotdvds - 2010-12-31

Any update on having the ability to download a single shows theme from dialogvideoinfo.xml?

- rflores2323 - 2011-01-01

do you have planned to maybe download a soundtrack for movies? just a thought as my wife said... why doesnt it work on movies and only on tv shows? I didnt have an answer for her except that it wasnt supported yet.

- ppic - 2011-01-01

igotdvds Wrote:Any update on having the ability to download a single shows theme from dialogvideoinfo.xml?

no, i'll take a look in the month Wink