Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- ppic - 2011-05-27

91dxcrx Wrote:Is it possible to only have the theme play once when entering the season view and not restarting when entering/exiting different seasons? Thanks

it's not like that it only stop when existing show.

- 91dxcrx - 2011-05-27

ppic Wrote:it's not like that it only stop when existing show.

Not sure I follow. I just want the theme to play once when entering a show, but not playing again when entering different seasons of that show.

- ppic - 2011-05-27

91dxcrx Wrote:Not sure I follow. I just want the theme to play once when entering a show, but not playing again when entering different seasons of that show.

what you want is how it works !!!

- rudeboyx - 2011-05-27

ppic Wrote:what you want is how it works !!!

I think what he means is when you select different seasons or enter /exit a season, the theme is re added to the playlist so once it finishes, it starts again as its been added to the playlist more than once. this only happens within the TV show. If you back out of a TV show all together then the playlist is completely cleared.

- ppic - 2011-05-27

the script don't use playlist.

- Japaja - 2011-05-27

Is there a program that can lower the volume by set amount of decibels on all my theme.mp3 files? I was thinking about doing it with Audacity because all those themes are just too loud.

- rudeboyx - 2011-05-27

ppic Wrote:the script don't use playlist.

well, im still using v0.80 so dont know if its changed. and it may not technically be a playlist that it uses. but it deffinatley ques the theme twice. once when you enter the show and then again when you enter a season. so once you are on episode level you can here the initial theme still playing but once it finishes it plays it a second time.

this dosent happen if you enter a tvshow and wait at season level. it will play the theme once, but if you then navigate to episode level the tune is que'd again and begins playing.

to recreate, make sure you have NOT got your seasons "Flattened" and enter a show with multiple seasons and navigate to an episode. the theme should be playing at this point. now press "Stop" on the remote. the theme stops but then starts back up again because its que'd behind the first instance of it playing.

Thninking about it, it cant be a plylist because when you press "Stop", any playlist should be completely stopped. with your script, pressing "Stop" seems to "Skip" the track. (almost as if there is a second instance of TVTunes waiting behind the currently running one and when the first instance stops, the second one then starts up.)

hope this clears it up a little.

- ppic - 2011-05-27

well it's not designed to be stopped... if you don't want to hear, deactivate the script.

the music start when you enter the show, and continue to it's end even if you go on episode level.
if you are anywhere in a show it will only start to play theme if there nothing playing, if a theme is already playing, it won't cut it to restart...

I really doesn't understand what you want...

- AdolfoDias - 2011-05-27

Excuse my intrusion in the conversation (ppic & rudeboyx), but i'm experiencing the same issue rudeboyx is presenting so i understand what you mean and i agree with you.
rudeboyx, it's not playlist or a second instance of tvtunes (you went for a scenic trip kinda explanation Big Grin ).
ppic, the script is executed and the theme is played once everytime you change directory.
Performing this navigation example:
Root tvshow listing / House M.D. / Season 1 / Return to House M.D. / Season 2
will result in the theme being played 4 times.
I think it's better to play the theme only when you enter the tvshow and let you browse within that tvshow without the theme being played again.
Perhaps creating a boolean variable to keep track if the theme has been played and that it's assigned false when returning to root listing?

Apart of this detail, the script is awesome and i love it!

- Japaja - 2011-05-28

AdolfoDias Wrote:I think it's better to play the theme only when you enter the tvshow and let you browse within that tvshow without the theme being played again.

Apart of this detail, the script is awesome and i love it!

+1 on both sentences. Smile

- AdolfoDias - 2011-05-28

Japaja Wrote:Is there a program that can lower the volume by set amount of decibels on all my theme.mp3 files? I was thinking about doing it with Audacity because all those themes are just too loud.

Japaja, you can lower the volume of the theme by using the settings of tvtunes script.
Using transparency! theme : go to settings / addons / enabled add-ons / video add-ons / and open tvtunes. Select settings and lower the volume to your liking...

- Jezz_X - 2011-05-28

Does this work on eden versions of xbmc ? I just keep getting "NOTICE: ### no theme found for smb://JEZZBOX/TV2/Alias/theme.mp3 or smb://JEZZBOX/TV2\theme.mp3" even though it has clearly downloaded and added one to the filesystem

- BigNoid - 2011-05-28

it works on eden, only not with samba shares because of new python version in eden. See this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=795522&postcount=543

- Jezz_X - 2011-05-28

Big_Noid Wrote:it works on eden, only not with samba shares because of new python version in eden. See this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=795522&postcount=543

thanks I did thse changes and now it works it just doesn't wok for paths with a space in the name like
Quote:NOTICE: mode=solo&name=American Dad!&path=smb://JEZZBOX/TV/American Dad/

Correction after making those changes it doesn't save new ones anymore Sad

- ronie - 2011-05-28

Jezz_X Wrote:thanks I did thse changes and now it works it just doesn't wok for paths with a space in the name like

Correction after making those changes it doesn't save new ones anymore Sad

give this one a shot:
script.tvtunes.zip