Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- fional - 2011-06-14

PaulC2K Wrote:Have we missed out a step? neither of us have it in 'Programs' (had it hidden, so wouldnt have seen it, but its not there anyway) Huh
Only thing in there is RSS Editor and SABnzbd, and no TVTunes to add from the 'get more...' addons

I probably missed a step, let me turn on my system and find out Smile

Ok, go to System, then Skin, then look at the side panel and go to Add-on.

From there, go to Enable Custom Add-on Button 1. From the path to add on, select tv-tunes. Give it whatever label you like, "TV Tunes"

THEN go to programs, hit down arrow, and select TV Tunes.

Good luck Smile

- ppic - 2011-06-14

fional Wrote:I keep my tv shows across a series of external drives that would not always be on.

Example:
Drive F is on, I run TV Tunes and download a bunch of tunes.
I swap out Drive F with Drive G and run TV Tunes again.

Not seeing any of the "Drive F" material, it asks me, for each one, whether I wish to download it or not. Of course, whether I do or not is moot, because it won't put it anywhere either way (or doesn't seem to, not in my test anyway.)

My question is, is it possible to somehow (before it asks if you want to download the theme tune) for tv tunes to check to see if the actual media is visible or not before asking? So that way if a drive is disconnected, it doesn't see "the path", naturally, so therefore doesn't ask.

It doesn't sound like a big deal at a glance, but with 500+ tv shows, over several drives, then adding one anywhere makes it a bit of a laborious process.

not a bad idea, i'll get useof it Wink

- fional - 2011-06-14

ppic Wrote:not a bad idea, i'll get useof it Wink

YAY Big Grin Very cool! Thanks!

- spaten - 2011-06-20

fional Wrote:I keep my tv shows across a series of external drives that would not always be on.

Example:
Drive F is on, I run TV Tunes and download a bunch of tunes.
I swap out Drive F with Drive G and run TV Tunes again.

Not seeing any of the "Drive F" material, it asks me, for each one, whether I wish to download it or not. Of course, whether I do or not is moot, because it won't put it anywhere either way (or doesn't seem to, not in my test anyway.)

My question is, is it possible to somehow (before it asks if you want to download the theme tune) for tv tunes to check to see if the actual media is visible or not before asking? So that way if a drive is disconnected, it doesn't see "the path", naturally, so therefore doesn't ask.

It doesn't sound like a big deal at a glance, but with 500+ tv shows, over several drives, then adding one anywhere makes it a bit of a laborious process.

This seems awesome. Any word on the status of this yet?

- ppic - 2011-06-20

just 2 posts across

- anarchintosh - 2011-06-20

is anyone else annoyed at the closed nature of televisiontunes.com?
i mean it has loads of themes which are in really horribly low quality (like awful re-coded several times mp3), and shows lacking themes, and the only way you can get them to update the database is to email them.... it is not so easy to get them to update the database with your changes.

i wonder if fanart.tv might want to take on theme tunes in a way where it is easy to upload / ensure a high quality standard

- isamu.dragon - 2011-06-20

anarchintosh Wrote:is anyone else annoyed at the closed nature of televisiontunes.com?
i mean it has loads of themes which are in really horribly low quality (like awful re-coded several times mp3), and shows lacking themes, and the only way you can get them to update the database is to email them.... it is not so easy to get them to update the database with your changes.

i wonder if fanart.tv might want to take on theme tunes in a way where it is easy to upload / ensure a high quality standard

I second that motion.
to quote Lord of the Rings.
We Need "One Site To Rule Them All".
fanart.tv has the greatest logos, clearart, cdart, landscape pics, and user generation I've seen.
plus everything is already organized to the point getting a theme for shows that have the same name:
Code:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

- fional - 2011-06-27

isamu.dragon Wrote:I second that motion.
to quote Lord of the Rings.
We Need "One Site To Rule Them All".
fanart.tv has the greatest logos, clearart, cdart, landscape pics, and user generation I've seen.
plus everything is already organized to the point getting a theme for shows that have the same name:
Code:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Right now I've just been finding mp3s of the themes on my own, renaming them theme.mp3 and putting it in the folder. If I run the script with my drives disconnected, then it goes through each series I've got (which is a lot of them!) re-asking me! So, it's a bit simpler this way and then I use the script to actually play the themes - so it's win-win until the next update!

- Oakey - 2011-06-28

Installed this but it doesn't seem to work for me.

When I run the app in Programs, it starts scanning the library, giving me the theme songs to choose from, etc but there's one TV Series (Wonders of the Solar System) it can't find a track for. Obviously manually entering this does nothing. At this point my only option is to click close.

I'm assuming doing so cancels the scanning process so the shows it did find tracks for are never logged and thus I'm not hearing them when browsing the library?

- fional - 2011-06-28

Oakey Wrote:Installed this but it doesn't seem to work for me.

When I run the app in Programs, it starts scanning the library, giving me the theme songs to choose from, etc but there's one TV Series (Wonders of the Solar System) it can't find a track for. Obviously manually entering this does nothing. At this point my only option is to click close.

I'm assuming doing so cancels the scanning process so the shows it did find tracks for are never logged and thus I'm not hearing them when browsing the library?

No, cancelling just skips. One way to remedy that is go find an mp3 of that theme (or something acceptable) and name it theme.mp3 and put it in the Wonders of the Solar System folder. Then it won't ask you any longer.

If you're not hearing it when you are browsing, then something else is the matter. First, check to see if the ones you did pick are in the specific folder (it'll be theme.mp3)

If they are not there, then they did not download - which is unusual, because they download after each selection you individually confirm.

What I've been doing recently is just getting the mp3s myself and putting them in the folder while I'm making the .nfo files, I don't even use the script grabber.

What skin are you using? For instance, with Aeon Nox, you go to settings and enable TVTunes, then when you're browsing *episodes* or *seasons* you'll hear the theme.mp3

- Oakey - 2011-06-29

I'm using Confluence. I'll check later if the mp3's have saved correctly.

- fional - 2011-06-30

Found a slight problem while using TVTunes.

I enter a TV-Show, pick a season, and quickly play the first episode.

The screen will flicker a moment, as if it is going to play the show, but instead it "plays" the theme.mp3. So it runs the music player in xbmc to play the mp3, rather than the show. So I have to stop the mp3 player and then re-run the show. That seems to work grand.

It's happened twice on me now. It only seems to happen if I'm selecting the very first episode of the season and I do it "quickly". Not like lightning speed quickly, but quicker than I normally would with perusing and so forth.

Disabling visualisations (Skip to 2nd paragraph to avoid rant) - hplpb - 2011-06-30

Yeah.. so it would be super awesome for you experts to be just a TINY bit more specific as to where to paste the code to disable the visualisations. Now maybe I'm just tired and missed something really obvious, but for the life of me, I could not find anything in all 63 pages of this thread showing where exactly to paste the code to disable visualisation. I mean OK, it's great that you guys know the .xml files like the back of your hands, but I'm sorry, I'm not an XBMC .xml file modification expert and I'm sure that others aren't either. All I want is for this script to work, that's it. It's as simple as saying hey, put this line of code in this one file within these lines of code, not just here's the code, have fun guessing where to put it kthxbai! So anyway, sorry for that rant, but c'mon, we're not all programming gurus here!

Luckily I was finally able to find the solution to this problem with a little more google searching. Full instructions are located here: http://code.google.com/p/simplicity-xbmc/issues/detail?id=7. Read comment #3 for full details. You're welcome, to those who were ripping their hair out trying to figure this out.

- Oakey - 2011-06-30

Heh, that explains why I saw visualisations when downloading the themes then.

MovieTunes? - Deano316 - 2011-07-02

Works great for TV shows, I'd love to have a version of this for movies. Assuming of course that they add suppport for extras, otherwise I'd never be on a movie long enough. Still be neat to have though.