Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- ronie - 2011-09-21

a new version is available now for pre-eden users.

in order to use it, you'll be needing the next xbmc nightly build.
this should fix the issue of tunes not being saved.

changelog since last version:
v1.0.8:
- adjusted to latest json-rpc changes

v1.0.7:
- add support for rar files
- fixed json query when compactoutput was set to false

- smiffy1989 - 2011-09-24

Any chance of an option to change where it looks for the theme.mp3? They're on my unraid server currently and it freezes XBMC for a about 5 seconds while the drive that the theme.mp3 is on spins up. If I could store them locally or even on my cache drive (which is spun up all the time) I could avoid the freezes.

Thanks.

- ronie - 2011-09-25

smiffy1989 Wrote:Any chance of an option to change where it looks for the theme.mp3? They're on my unraid server currently and it freezes XBMC for a about 5 seconds while the drive that the theme.mp3 is on spins up. If I could store them locally or even on my cache drive (which is spun up all the time) I could avoid the freezes.

Thanks.

not sure how easy that would be,
but i'll look into it.

Not getting TV Shows from library - mari - 2011-09-25

I'm having problem - TvTunes is not getting tv shows from my library and don't download themes. It's just asking about replacing the theme and then showing "You can help to get more themes on..."

I'm running it on latest PVR PPA build

Here is the debug log http://pastebin.com/yrfLdGca

- `Black - 2011-09-25

You need latest git version, your version says "Built on Aug 30 2011" but latest script version need version from Sep 20 (don't know exactly) or later. Another solution would be to downgrade the TVTunes version.

- ronie - 2011-09-25

mari Wrote:I'm having problem - TvTunes is not getting tv shows from my library and don't download themes. It's just asking about replacing the theme and then showing "You can help to get more themes on..."

I'm running it on latest PVR PPA build

Here is the debug log http://pastebin.com/yrfLdGca

tv tunes v1.0.8 needs a more recent xbmc build (sept-21 or up).

so rollback the add-on to the previous version or wait for the next pvr build

- dehoog - 2011-09-27

I have installed the addon, and run the addon. Gotten all the themes, however they dont play when in the TV shows. I have the skin "Night" and I have tv themes option enabled. Using XBMC 10.1 btw

- `Black - 2011-09-27

dehoog Wrote:I have installed the addon, and run the addon. Gotten all the themes, however they dont play when in the TV shows. I have the skin "Night" and I have tv themes option enabled. Using XBMC 10.1 btw

The answer to your problem is just one post above... if you don't use 1.0.8, post a debug log. Smile

- bertybassett - 2011-09-28

`Black Wrote:The answer to your problem is just one post above... if you don't use 1.0.8, post a debug log. Smile

where can I get version that works with SVN 30th August? Also what version number should it be? v1.0.7??

- `Black - 2011-09-28

1.0.7 should work... try a rollback in the addon info of TvTunes, should work if you had 1.0.7 installed.

- bertybassett - 2011-09-28

`Black Wrote:1.0.7 should work... try a rollback in the addon info of TvTunes, should work if you had 1.0.7 installed.

lol, its a brand new build which I only completed yesterday so chance of a roll back just yet.

- smiffy1989 - 2011-09-29

ronie Wrote:not sure how easy that would be,
but i'll look into it.

Managed to have a look at this mate? I love tvtunes but the freezes are unbearable. I don't want to spin up all my disks either.

- ronie - 2011-09-29

smiffy1989 Wrote:Managed to have a look at this mate? I love tvtunes but the freezes are unbearable. I don't want to spin up all my disks either.

i feel your pain buddy, but i haven't had the time to look into it.
it's at the top of my todo list, so it won't be forgotten.

lower volume doesn't work? - canadave - 2011-09-29

Hi all,

I just installed TVTunes via repo and it is awesome...love it! One problem though--on my ATV2, the volume of my themes is high. I went to the add-on settings and lowered the volume there quite significantly...but there's absolutely no effect (tested a few themes to make sure). It's as if the volume setting makes absolutely no difference.

Also, as an aside, I had to manually download the themes and put them in the proper folders; because although the script's automated download seemed to work fine (I chose the right ones, it went to the next one, etc), it never actually downloaded the mp3's into the proper locations.

I'm using a NAS as the source for my TV shows, via NFS. Does that make a difference?

Anyway, the volume is the biggest issue I have right now...I'd rather not track down every single theme and normalize them manually...any ideas as to why the volume setting might not be working? Smile

Thanks! I'm using Confluence skin btw.

- ronie - 2011-09-29

canadave Wrote:I just installed TVTunes via repo and it is awesome...love it! One problem though--on my ATV2, the volume of my themes is high. I went to the add-on settings and lowered the volume there quite significantly...but there's absolutely no effect (tested a few themes to make sure). It's as if the volume setting makes absolutely no difference.

i'm gonna need a Debug Log to check.
could you set the volume setting to '50.00', play a tune
and post the Debug Log on pastebin?

canadave Wrote:Also, as an aside, I had to manually download the themes and put them in the proper folders; because although the script's automated download seemed to work fine (I chose the right ones, it went to the next one, etc), it never actually downloaded the mp3's into the proper locations.

I'm using a NAS as the source for my TV shows, via NFS. Does that make a difference?

it should work, does xbmc have write permissions to your nfs share?

you can test in the filemanager in xbmc, add your nfs share there
and test if you can copy a file to it.