Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- Martijn - 2011-11-08

Ah that clears things up Smile
Well it will be a reminder if we will add a simulair option.
It might be a good idea to do so. This way all artwork will be on one disk that needs to spin up. The like cd art manager.
Needs to get skin support for that to ofcourse.
Your thoughts?

- ronie - 2011-11-08

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Ah that clears things up Smile
Well it will be a reminder if we will add a simulair option.
It might be a good idea to do so. This way all artwork will be on one disk that needs to spin up.
Needs to get skin support for that to ofcourse.
Your thoughts?

exactly my thought, it needs skin support.
the fact i added it to tv tunes is mainly because it doesn't need skin support.

if we would ever consider such an option, than all scripts should add it,
otherwise it wouldn't make sense.
not sure how many scripts actually download content into your media folders..
logo-downloader, extrafanart, cdart manager...any others you can think of?
maybe there's some movie trailer script as well ?

btw. <offtopic>have you guys already added an option to fetch extrathumbs?
i could check your thread, but i'm feeling lazy:-)
</offtopic>

- Martijn - 2011-11-09

ronie Wrote:if we would ever consider such an option, than all scripts should add it,
otherwise it wouldn't make sense.
not sure how many scripts actually download content into your media folders..
logo-downloader, extrafanart, cdart manager...any others you can think of?
maybe there's some movie trailer script as well ?
Well cd art manager already does this. At the moment can't think of any other script than logo-downloader, extrafanart. Maybe a trailer script however i don't use that. Well if we add this skins will follow Big Grin
I was planning to add all mainstream artwork into one add-on. So just one run and you get everything you need. Also the future option for movie: cdart / logos / clearart (when new fanart.tv site goes up).

Quote:btw. <offtopic>have you guys already added an option to fetch extrathumbs?
i could check your thread, but i'm feeling lazy:-)
</offtopic>

Shame on you Wink
Well you have been very busy lately with those great other scripts. All hail King RonieNod
Yes we have. Hard coded limit is at 4. Both in dharma/eden repo.
Some cool new options in the new version comming up (can be already downloaded):
changelog
I'm really happy with the version check. Prevents having the wrong settings when a new version comes out.Also the ok dialog on finished when run in background.

Sorry for the oftopic Wink

- ronie - 2011-11-09

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well cd art manager already does this. At the moment can't think of any other script than logo-downloader, extrafanart. Maybe a trailer script however i don't use that. Well if we add this skins will follow Big Grin
well, i'm willing to add it to logo-downloader if you're planning on adding it too.
it shouldn't be too much extra code for skins to support it, since we can now use skin vars.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I was planning to add all mainstream artwork into one add-on. So just one run and you get everything you need. Also the future option for movie: cdart / logos / clearart (when new fanart.tv site goes up).

+1 on that, we need one addon to rule them all :-)

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Yes we have. Hard coded limit is at 4. Both in dharma/eden repo.

allow me to ask a dumb question for once...what the difference between extrafanart and extrathumbs?
do you use different online sources for both?

- Martijn - 2011-11-09

ronie Wrote:well, i'm willing to add it to logo-downloader if you're planning on adding it too.
it shouldn't be too much extra code for skins to support it, since we can now use skin vars.
+1 on that, we need one addon to rule them all :-)
Well that one thing we can discuss some where else Smile
Maybe IRC/google chat/ seperate thread in addon dev or whatever.

Quote:allow me to ask a dumb question for once...what the difference between extrafanart and extrathumbs?
do you use different online sources for both?
No dumb question and even so you are allowed Big Grin
Here's an example:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5535/screenshot013le.png
The small thumb next to the info. They are indeed taken from the same source although in 300x169 image size. Actually they should be movie stills so you can see some real movie scenes. Now they are basicly the same as extrafanart (only smaller in size). Program like Ember can extract them out of the video file (like they supposed to be). XBMC does the same if the poster is missing from a movie/video. I would like to the same (asked in addon dev section) although don't know if this is even possible using python.

- ronie - 2011-11-09

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well that one thing we can discuss some where else Smile
yeah, we definitely should.
#xbmc on FreeNode, is where i'm at usually.

thanx for clearing up the thumb/fanart question :-)

- smiffy1989 - 2011-11-11

ronie Wrote:as requested & as promised, please test:
script.tvtunes-1.0.9v2.zip

let me know if there's any issues.
btw, the new location of the script is program addons instead of video addons.

My setup has been a bit neglected lately so I totally missed this! Just checking in on the latest developments and remembered that I'd requested this!

Hope the other scripts follow suit and allow this also!

Will give it a go when I have some time. Thanks a lot Smile

- smiffy1989 - 2011-11-11

Just set it up on my laptop to test, plays instantly from my unraid cache drive that I always have spun up Smile

- fmronan - 2011-11-13

google translation:
I have a little trouble with tvtunes before I used
Code:
!SubString(Window(10025).Property(tvtunesIsAlive),True)
to verify that the music is not played with tvtunes, to avoid some worries Displaying and research in the flow but now it does not work, I have to use what?

- ronie - 2011-11-13

fmronan Wrote:google translation:
I have a little trouble with tvtunes before I used
Code:
!SubString(Window(10025).Property(tvtunesIsAlive),True)
to verify that the music is not played with tvtunes, to avoid some worries Displaying and research in the flow but now it does not work, I have to use what?

nothing was changed in this regard and it's still working fine at my end.

i think it's a case sensitive issue, try this:
Code:
!SubString(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),[b]t[/b]rue)

- fmronan - 2011-11-13

ok, that's good thank youCool

- gargoyle67 - 2011-11-13

A good tip for those of you that can't find the tv theme music for your shows at the tv theme site is to look on youtube and use a program (I use firefox web browser with downloadhelper plugin) to download the youtube video with your wanted theme, Then use a program to convert the youtube.mp4 video to wave file (I use riverpast audio converter, It's free). Then use another program to convert the wave file into an mp3, I use Wav to mp3 converter, Don't know who it's from but it's also free. It sounds like a lot of work but isn't it takes under a minuet to do the whole process, prob takes longer downloading the video. I also finish off the job by using mp3gain program to equalize the volume gain of each theme so none are too loud or too soft, It's also free link below.
I set my target volume to 80 db for my setup, Don't forget to also adjust the tv theme plugin volume within XBMC.
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

- frr792 - 2011-11-13

I'm having a problem with the TvTunes script on my Jetway Mini-Top Openelec.tv XBMC Dharma, the script version is 0.9.0 from the XBMC repo

when i browse on my workstation, pre eden build the themes play no problem but when i browse on my htpc the themes do not play

i am using aeon nox from the xbmc repo as well

can somebody tell me what i might be doing wrong? thanks for your help

Request... kindof? - willyt - 2011-11-17

Hey! So I tweaked TVTunes to play the Blu-Ray menu music for my Movies Library when I flip through them... and it changes music as soon as I move to a different title. Unfortunately, I have another idea, and am currently trying to make it work... but with zero Python experience... I think I'm stuck. I'm trying to have it play the Blu-Ray video menu background video file, and I successfully got it to play as a background for XBMC... but that takes up the whole screen and takes me out of the movie menu. I'd like to simply have it play in the "Picture-In-Picture" mode in the skin, like a mini-movie pops up. Hope that makes some sense at least. Anyway, I thought it was a cool idea and that someone maybe would want to integrate that into TVTunes... or maybe suggest how to do it in Python? All I need is to add the silly video window in the skin.

Thanks!

- Tobby - 2011-11-17

Just downloaded it from the XBMC repo (pre Eden) but it dosn't download any tunes. What should I do?