Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 19:38)Glorious1 Wrote: If I already have the theme.mp3 in each show folder, is the TvTunes add-on needed to get XBMC (Frodo) to play it

yes, the addon is needed.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Glorious1 - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 19:46)ronie Wrote: [yes, the addon is needed.

Thanks for the info and thanks for making this add-on available!

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - cheeksmonkey - 2013-01-30

Is there a way to move all my themes to a new custom folder? I've been using TVTunes since setting my XBMC box in early 2012 but never thought much about the configuration and allowed it to download all the theme.mp3 files and store them next to the actual media (ex. D:\Media\Episodes\Dexter\theme.mp3)

But now I have moved to an SSD for my actual boot drive/applications drive and I was thinking I would like to store my theme.mp3 files in a folder on that drive, perhaps within the XBMC data folder so that they will launch quicker. Currently there is a minor delay when playing them and I think the SSD could improve that. If I change the setting in TVTunes setting to a new folder will it move the existing theme.mp3 files or will I need to redownload every song all over again?

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2013-01-30

nope, the addon will not move them.
redownloading would be the easiest way i suppose.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - cheeksmonkey - 2013-01-30

Ok, thanks for the response.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Ae3nerdgod - 2013-01-31

is there a way to get tv tunes to play the tune at the tv show selection screen rather than the episode selection screen?
i have frodo and aeon nox.

id really love to hear the music while selecting the tv show, so it can get to the good parts of the song as im selecting and episode. plus its way easier to show off when i dont have to click into each tv show to get them to play.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2013-01-31

nope. can't do that.
things will end in a giant mess if you quickly scroll through your tv shows list.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - dgrayfromdc - 2013-02-01

Great add-on love it! However, I've noticed in my use, that on the initial sweep, the add-on isn't capable of skipping shows that don't have themes. Is there a way to alter this behavior?

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 04:56)dgrayfromdc Wrote: Great add-on love it! However, I've noticed in my use, that on the initial sweep, the add-on isn't capable of skipping shows that don't have themes. Is there a way to alter this behavior?

could you give me an example of such a show?
what happens in such a case, do you get an empty select dialog?

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - dgrayfromdc - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-01, 09:59)ronie Wrote: could you give me an example of such a show?

Brickleberry doesn't seem to have a theme, and yes, I just get an empty select dialog. When I cancel out of it, the scan stops altogether. I've already gone in and done each show individually, but I figured I'd point this out.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 04:37)dgrayfromdc Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 09:59)ronie Wrote: could you give me an example of such a show?

Brickleberry doesn't seem to have a theme, and yes, I just get an empty select dialog. When I cancel out of it, the scan stops altogether. I've already gone in and done each show individually, but I figured I'd point this out.

there should be a 'manual search..' entry the select dialog (could you confirm if it's there or not)
and if you cancel the the select dialog, it should just continue with the next tv show.

if you can get me a Debug Log of the exit problem, i'll have a look at it.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - smithgt - 2013-02-02

I've just installed Frodo and the TVTunes addon.
I've run the scan and have mp3s for most of my TV shows in the top level folder.

Do i need to enable anything as the theme doesn't play automatically?

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 21:58)smithgt Wrote: I've just installed Frodo and the TVTunes addon.
I've run the scan and have mp3s for most of my TV shows in the top level folder.

Do i need to enable anything as the theme doesn't play automatically?

thanks

yes, you need to enable tv tunes support in the skin you're using.

for confluence, that would be:
settings > appearance > skin > - settings > general > play tv theme songs...

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - OMGTehAwsome - 2013-02-04

Love the addon, but I've got one question and one concern.
First of all, what happened to the interface version that popped up briefly? This was back in Eden, maybe around Eden RC and I think it was a beta 2.0 version of TvTunes. I loved being able to go show by show and select which ones to download (and to be able to see which were missing themes that I could manually scour for myself.)
Now my concern is that I'm not sure I understand the option for "automatically download if an exact match is found." I assumed that by disabling it I'd get a prompt even when there was only one match, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is there any way to force the program to ask me if a theme song is okay? I ask because every time it gets to "The Thick of It" it downloads the one result it finds, which is the track "In The Thick Of It" from the Secret of Mana soundtrack (which shouldn't be on televisiontunes.com in the first place, but oh well.)

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2013-02-04

disabling 'auto download' will get you back the way the addon was working in eden.

as for showing a select dialog when only one result is available,
yeah i think it makes sense when auto download is off.

will look into it if it's easy to change.