Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

- Montellese - 2011-01-06

manolo_XYZ Wrote:http://pastebin.com/pRXnsWiC

startet imon+your software, started xbmc, started a file, stopped the file and closed xbmc

Hm seems like the connection to XBMC works as it can query all the data over JSON RPC. But it can't connect to your iMON display:
Code:
06.01.2011 19:49:13 [GUI] Initializing iMON
06.01.2011 19:49:13 [iMON] IMON_Display_Init(394658, 37428)
06.01.2011 19:49:16 [iMON] Message received: PluginFailed(260)
06.01.2011 19:49:16 [iMON] ERROR Interpreting init result error type: iMonNotResponding
06.01.2011 19:49:16 [iMON] ERROR Error received: iMonNotResponding
06.01.2011 19:49:16 [GUI] ERROR iMON reports an error of type iMonNotResponding

Did you have this running with a previous version of xbmc on imon or is this your first attempt. Are you sure that you installed the latest beta release of imon manager and have followed the instructions in the README file provided with xbmc on imon?

- manolo_XYZ - 2011-01-06

no its my first try and the imon manager version is: 7.89.0622 (ANTEC) and the FW Ver 0x380208 LCD HID OEM. yes, i extracted it, imon manager was already setted like you wanted it (besides that i hat to deselect xbmc), xbmc was enabled for network sttuff (to work with imon) and your program is setted to port 80

manolo_XYZ Wrote:no its my first try and the imon manager version is: 7.89.0622 (ANTEC) and the FW Ver 0x380208 LCD HID OEM. yes, i extracted it, imon manager was already setted like you wanted it (besides that i hat to deselect xbmc), xbmc was enabled for network sttuff (to work with imon) and your program is setted to port 80

As stated everything concerning XBMC is fine. But the version of imon manager should be 7.91.0929. Everything before that doesn't work.

k, then i will update (prgramm-in-update function said that im up-to-date >_<) and give you new feedback

edit:works perfect Smile thx

manolo_XYZ Wrote:k, then i will update (prgramm-in-update function said that im up-to-date >_<) and give you new feedback

Yeah because it is a beta update it is not distributed over the automatic update functionality built into imon manager Sad

k, one problem solved and a new appeard Wink. while playing episode, it just shows thetitle (and the display says it is a movie) and therefore do not show the season/episode and the show name

and a small request:
immo it show the font till the end and then start from the beginning, couldnt it continue showing the font?

manolo_XYZ Wrote:k, one problem solved and a new appeard Wink. while playing episode, it just shows thetitle (and the display says it is a movie) and therefore do not show the season/episode and the show name

How did you start playing the episode? From the library or from files mode or using a script like recently added?

Montellese Wrote:How did you start playing the episode? From the library or from files mode or using a script like recently added?

via library

edit: new day - works fine now

Navigation using XBMC-on-iMON - Horst - 2011-01-08

Hi,

I'm planing to build an HTPC and because I want to listen music and internet radio without using my tv, a display is a must.

My problem is, that I have no idea, how XBMC-ON-IMON will look on
a) VFD and/or
b) LCD
when in navigation mode. The informations that are shown while playing music aren't interesting me. I like to know, if it's possible to navigate through playlists etc. on a VFD or if I have to use a LCD?

I would be very happy, if anybody using a VFD (and somebody using a LCD) could post pictures of these displays, showing a navigation screen.

Thanks in advance
Horst

- RPGamer - 2011-01-10

Hello,

I am using your program and it works perfect. Thanks for that.
However if I start up Windows 7 with XBMC.exe or EventGhost.exe as Front-End (so not the default: explorer.exe), it won't display anything on the LCD (LCD is blank, so did startup correctly because the iMon Automode was disabled).
However if I startup "explorer.exe" using the Task-Manager and re-start your application everything works as expected. Is the execution of explorer.exe required for using your program?

Thanks and best regards,
Markus

- Montellese - 2011-01-10

RPGamer Wrote:However if I start up Windows 7 with XBMC.exe or EventGhost.exe as Front-End (so not the default: explorer.exe), it won't display anything on the LCD (LCD is blank, so did startup correctly because the iMon Automode was disabled).
Until just now I didn't even know this was possible.

RPGamer Wrote:However if I startup "explorer.exe" using the Task-Manager and re-start your application everything works as expected. Is the execution of explorer.exe required for using your program?

I don't know all the details about the windows startup routine and whether the start of explorer.exe makes Windows start other dependencies of it. XBMC on iMON only depends on iMON Manager and the .NET Framework. Did you try using the XBMC functionality built into iMON Manager to see if that works? If it doesn't it is probably a problem with iMON Manager. Otherwise I'd have to investigate as I currently have no clue at all what could be the problem.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-10

RPGamer Wrote:Hello,

I am using your program and it works perfect. Thanks for that.
However if I start up Windows 7 with XBMC.exe or EventGhost.exe as Front-End (so not the default: explorer.exe), it won't display anything on the LCD (LCD is blank, so did startup correctly because the iMon Automode was disabled).
However if I startup "explorer.exe" using the Task-Manager and re-start your application everything works as expected. Is the execution of explorer.exe required for using your program?

Thanks and best regards,
Markus

You'll need to configure EventGhost to start iMon, as well as XBMC.

iMon is set to run on startup via Windows System Configuration (not the Windows Startup folder), and Windows Explorer needs to start for these startup entries to run.

Basically, in EventGhost set iMon and Montellese's tool to launch, then set a 4 second wait, then set XBMC to start. The 4 second wait will prevent the iMon launch from demoting the XBMC window back (the actual XBMC window stays in front however keystrokes, etc do not work). Otherwise you have to press control-tab to bring XBMC forward again.

Remember to untick the entry in 'Windows System Configuration / Startup (tab)' otherwise if you come out of XBMC and start explorer.exe via task manager, iMon will try to launch again.

Hope that makes sense!
Cheers

- RPGamer - 2011-01-10

I think I tried all of that. I used EventGhost to start iMon, wait for 5 seconds, start the iMon-XBMC-Tool, wait for another 5 seconds, start XBMC.
iMon Software is working without explorer.exe - also the XBMC option in iMon Manager is working (as long as your iMon-XBMC-Tool is not started), but I do not like it, your tool is much better! Maybe this is something with the .NET framework... :confused2:

Currently I am using it the "normal" way. Start explorer.exe as Windows Custom User-Interface, and use regedit/run to execute EventGhost to Execute XBMC.exe - this works, but it is not as nice as having XBMC start directly without explorer.exe as custom user-interface - also it is a little bit faster without explorer.exe.

@liquidskin76: Are you using it as described? Does the tool work for you without having to use explorer.exe as Windows user-interface? Then I will have to work on it, to find my (configuration) problem.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-10

I haven't tested this for a while, so i'm only using the launch sequence 'EventGhost - iMon - XBMC'.

What actually happens if use 'EventGhost - iMon - iMon XBMC Tool - XBMC'?

- RPGamer - 2011-01-10

liquidskin76 Wrote:I haven't tested this for a while, so i'm only using the launch sequence 'EventGhost - iMon - XBMC'.

What actually happens if use 'EventGhost - iMon - iMon XBMC Tool - XBMC'?

EventGhost starts, launches iMon, this will clear the LCD, and start up the "Auto-Mode", then it launches iMon XBMC Tool, nothing happens (because XBMC is not yet there), finally it starts XBMC, LCD will switch to blank, displaying the line in the first and last row of the display and the speaker configuration, but no text (or in my case), no time. If I play a movie also nothing is displayed. So I assume the Tool is "alive", but something is not working as expected...