Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

- Montellese - 2011-03-16

Raman325 Wrote:Great work Montellese, I was looking all over for solutions when I finally came across your post. Extremely self explanatory and simple to set up. It's unfortunate that you have to implement the solution this way, but it does the job as well as any inbuilt support would from what I have seen.
Very unfortunate but I tried to make the best from what is possible.

Raman325 Wrote:One thing I am struggling with that I haven't been able to find documentation on (might be a dumb question so I apologize in advance); Where can I look at the keywords I can use? I wanted to experiment with the display to see what all I could put on there. I tried looking at the Wiki for the JSON RPC but I didn't find any useful info there (it's possible I am just being stupid).

Not a dumb question at all as it is not explained anywhere. What you can do is focus one of the textboxes where you can put your customized text and wirte a "%" (percentage) sign. This should provide you with a suggestion list showing 2 or 3 (don't remember) items. Using your arrow keys you can move in the list and see more possibilities by moving further down. If you start typing e.g. "%t" you will get all keywords starting with "t" like "%title%" and so on. If prefered I can publish a list of all available keywords depending on the type of media.

- Raman325 - 2011-03-17

Cool, I will give that a shot when I go home. Assuming that your directions work, thats enough for me, although I think it would be helpful if you put it in the README or somewhere easily visible.

When I've had to create similar template strings in other programs, the programs I prefer are ones that either have a pane next to the input box with all of the diff possible keywords or activate a permanent tooltip while the input box is active (or something similar, those are just the two examples I could think of that I think I see the most).

Anyway, I'm not asking you to do any extra work, esp considering how helpful you have already been, just offering my humble opinion since you opened the door Tongue

Thanks again!

- thors - 2011-03-19

[VERSION 7.97.0314] (AUTO UPDATE PATCH)
Release date: Mar. 17, 2011

[ iMON Manager ]
1. [New Feature] Apply iMON Display API
- "Display Plug-in Mode" option is added in "iMON Manager > Option > Plug-in Mode"
- 3rd party application controls VFD/LCD directly with Display Plug-in Mode
- The previous VFD API applied to some old VFD modes is not supported anymore.
2. [New Feature] "Scan Installed Programs" button is added to iMON Manager > Settings > Program Command
3. [New Feature] Add iMON setting file (imo file) for TMT5 and add to program scan
4. [New Feature] The remote supports TMT5 plug-in for Media Center
5. [Bug Fix] "Enter" of Front Button works as "Backspace" in OEM model that has Front Buttons on chassis
6. [Bug Fix] If update and re-install iMON, volume Knob doesn't work
7. [Bug Fix] It fails to get weather information and sometimes iMON crashes while checking weather information.
8. [Bug Fix] If you press Full Screen button while TMT3 playing video, it change to fullscreen mode and windowed mode repeatedly.
9. [Bug Fix] If mpc-hc 64 or PotPlayer64 is not installed in "Program Files" folder, iMON can't detect it through installed program scan.

[ iMEDIAN HD ]
1. [New Feature] Urls for Internet Radio station are updated
2. [Bug Fix] mediainfo dll update (Sometimes iMEDIAN HD crashes on some video file during making library)
3. [Bug Fix] Youtube video doesn't work

Nod

- cartman1337 - 2011-03-19

Montellese; have you made any progress about the bug I reported with the current version of your otherwise excellent software? I'm thinking of the system time bug, which consistently loses time compared to the actual system time, while the program is running. I've observed that the speed at which it loses time seems to be quite constant. I believe that the program loses exactly one second per minute, which in turn translates to one minute per hour.

- eskro - 2011-03-19

thanks thors, but my question is,
since everything is now working for me,
do i really need to install this patch update VERSION 7.97.031 ??

thanks

- Montellese - 2011-03-20

This patch is basically the same thing as you had to install manually as a beta release. It probably has some additional bug fixes and maybe a new feature (haven't looked at it in detail). The only real difference is that this one is labeled "stable" and the previous one was labeled "beta".

- eskro - 2011-03-22

ok thanks alot Smile

Hibernation Problem - Horst - 2011-03-23

Hi Montellese,

first I want to thank you for your great work!

The only thing, that don't work perfect for me, is a problem with hibernation. After hibernation, XBMC-on-iMON could not connect to XBMC. I have to shut down and restart XBMC-on-iMON to make it work again.
There are four posts in this forum (1, 2, 3 and 4) so I'm not the only one having this problem.

Could you please be so kind and have a look at it?

Thanks in advance
Horst

- Montellese - 2011-03-23

Horst Wrote:The only thing, that don't work perfect for me, is a problem with hibernation. After hibernation, XBMC-on-iMON could not connect to XBMC. I have to shut down and restart XBMC-on-iMON to make it work again.
There are four posts in this forum (1, 2, 3 and 4) so I'm not the only one having this problem.

Could you please be so kind and have a look at it?

Yeah I noticed that this seems to be an issue but I have hibernation disabled on my computer (need so save the 8GB of space on my SSD Wink) so I can't really test it myself.

Has anyone with this problem enabled debug logging and then checked the log if there's anything special in there? Would be nice if someone could enable debug logging, go into hibernation, start the computer again and then pastebin the log file for me.

- eskro - 2011-03-23

im on SSD also so, hibernation is disabled too for me.. :/

- Horst - 2011-03-23

I've done it, but could not find the debug.log
Where is it located (using Windos 7)?

Greetings
Horst

- Montellese - 2011-03-23

Horst Wrote:I've done it, but could not find the debug.log
Where is it located (using Windos 7)?

Greetings
Horst

It's in the same directory where you extracted the whole application to.

- Horst - 2011-03-24

Montellese Wrote:It's in the same directory where you extracted the whole application to.
It seems to me, that waking up from hibernation works the first time. But on the second time, XBMC-on-iMON could not connect to XBMC.
Unfortunately, there is no debug.log created (neither in the programs directory nor somewhere else).
Anything else I could do to solve this problem?

Greetings
Horst

- pkolarov - 2011-04-05

Hi Montellese,
First of all thanks for your work, I almost stopped believing I will be ever able to use imon display in XBMC.
I have similar problem as Horst, when waking from standby. I enabled detailed logging, put system in standby, then woke system up. Your tool could not connect to XBMC anymore. Frontview displayed current time..
I pasted log to http://pastebin.com/Z6HtC10x

Horst - you probably did not check "Enable detailed logging" in setup screen.

Pavel

- thors - 2011-04-12

New Update

[iMON Manager Version 8.00.0408] (Installation File)
Release date: Apr. 11, 2011

[ iMON Manager ]
1. [New Feature] Support HD Frame with the remote when iMON products are connected
2. [New Feature] Display HD Frame Media information and EQ when HD Frame is running
3. [New Feature] Add Chinese RSS Feed when Chinese is selected (baidu.com, qq.com, sina.com, ...)
4. [New Feature] Standalone installation file for iMON Manager, HD Frame and iMEDIAN HD
5. [Bug Fix] RSS Feed using gbk, gb2312, big5, iso-8859-2 encoding isn't shown properly
6. [Bug Fix] fix some Simplified Chinese translation