Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

- eskro - 2011-08-16

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=747109&postcount=184

- Ironman78 - 2011-08-16

Hi Eskro!
Thanks for your reply. I am at work right now but I will give it a try when I get home. To be honest, I think I already tried with those settings, same thing but different port. I used 8080 instead. Anyways, I
Will take a chance on 8085 and I'll let you know. By the way, i'm using the latest version of imon software. I wonder if that could be the reason for this application to not work properly? should I need to downgrade my version?

- eskro - 2011-08-16

no

- Ironman78 - 2011-08-17

Hi again!
Well, I've just tried the port 8085 but still no joy. If I open xbmc on iMon first I got the connection error and if I run XBMC before, then xbmc on iMon crashes. Any suggestions? (Eskro: I was taking a look of your pics and my case and yours is the same and that tv looks exactly like my Samsung Plasma. What a small world, isn't it?)

- eskro - 2011-08-17

yes Tongue

howEver, are you using a firewall application?

it might be blocking stuff

- Ironman78 - 2011-08-17

Uhhhm! Good point. I have not installed any firewall yet so basically my machine is under Window's default. I checked both applications under the rules config. and they are allowed to communicate. I got an idea, I will disable the firewall and see what happens...

- Ironman78 - 2011-08-17

This is odd. I disabled the firewall but still same problem. Like I said, if I have XBMC running, when I open xbmc on imon crashes. The weird thing is that while windows is displaying the crashed message if I pass the mouse over xbmc on imon task's bar icon it says that is connected but the application itself is all grayed out, is not responding in task manager and lastly if I open the debug log file I found the following lines at the en of the text:
8/17/2011 12:07:56 AM [XBMC] JSON RPC response: {
"id" : 9,
"jsonrpc" : "2.0",
"result" : {
"System.BuildDate" : "Mar 8 2011"
}
}

8/17/2011 12:07:56 AM [Display Handler] Setting text to "Queen: We Are the Champions"
8/17/2011 12:07:56 AM [XBMC] XbmcAudioPlayer.Codec
8/17/2011 12:07:56 AM [XBMC] System.GetInfoLabels(MusicPlayer.Codec)
8/17/2011 12:07:56 AM [XBMC] Calling JSON RPC method "System.GetInfoLabels"...
8/17/2011 12:07:56 AM [XBMC] JSON RPC call: {
"jsonrpc": "2.0",
"method": "System.GetInfoLabels",
"params": [
"MusicPlayer.Codec"
],
"id": 10
}
8/17/2011 12:07:56 AM [XBMC] JSON RPC response: {
"id" : 10,
"jsonrpc" : "2.0",
"result" : {
"MusicPlayer.Codec" : "MP3"
}
}

It seems to be working or at least that's what i think but the lcd doesnt display anything but the current time, date, news and preset stuff. (and yes, I have frontview in "automatically" I tried "never and always" too, and I have XBMC disable on the player area and its under plugin mode.)

- eskro - 2011-08-17

** BUG **

i tried the latest XBMC Pre-EDEN build and,

upon launching it,

i receive a .NET error

and then, XBMC-on-IMON shutsdown by itself,,, i see it no more in my system tray,,,,

however, i tried with XBMC Dharma, and issue does not occur,,,

its a Pre-EDEN issue with XBMC-on-IMON.....

Anyone noticed?

thanks Smile

- fezster - 2011-08-28

The JSON RPC api has changed in the nightly builds, as Montellese said a few pages ago.

I recently bought a Silverstone case with an Imon VFD, and as Im using an AudioEngine build, wanted the VFD to work with it (the code is slightly behind the nightly builds, but again, the JSON api has been updated).

So I did some work on Montellese's adapter to at least make it function. His code does a lot around LCD's, which I dont think applies to VFD's. I found that on playing videos, the VFD would display only the title, no progress info. So I made some changes to allow upper and lower lines of the VFD to be updated independently, and now have the title displaying on top, and the current playing time on the bottom. This updates every second and works extremely well Big Grin

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- eskro - 2011-08-28

fezster Wrote:The JSON RPC api has changed in the nightly builds, as Montellese said a few pages ago

ok, i'll try to find that post....

in the mean time, will he make an update to XBMC-on-IMON?

so we dont have problems with the new XBMC EDEN??

thanks

- Montellese - 2011-08-28

I just came back from a long holiday trip so sorry for not posting here sooner. I currently can't make any changes to how the LCD works (and what is displayed on it) because my mainboard in my htpc with the iMON LCD died. As the iMON LCD is a part of the case I can't attach it to my regular dev machine to test.

When I get some time I'll see about updating the JSON RPC library I use in "XBMC on iMON Display" so it will work with pre-eden as well.

@fezster: you are right. As I only have an LCD most stuff is optimized for the iMON LCD hardware only. It would be nice if you could provide help/information on how to improve my application for the use with the iMON VFD so others can benefit from it as well.

- eskro - 2011-08-28

Montellese Wrote:my mainboard in my htpc with the iMON LCD died.

oh no, im sorry for that Sad

your software is important for us since without it,

our LCD screens are useless....

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the situation!!

take your time, we'll wait Smile

thanks!!

- fezster - 2011-08-29

Montellese Wrote:@fezster: you are right. As I only have an LCD most stuff is optimized for the iMON LCD hardware only. It would be nice if you could provide help/information on how to improve my application for the use with the iMON VFD so others can benefit from it as well.

Yeh, no worries. I'm not really a c# programmer, but had a go.

Here's the updates I made, maybe it might save you (a small bit of) time, rather than it go to waste Smile :

imonapi-sharp: added setTextLower and setTextUpper, to update the 2 lines on the VFD independently.

xbmcjsonsharp: Updated the Json library to the latest, and changed params to the call method

Quote:call.Add(new JProperty("params", new JObject(new JProperty("labels", args))));

and parsing of GetTime() instead of GetTimeMS():

Quote:JObject time = (JObject) query["time"];

currentPosition = new TimeSpan(0, Convert.ToInt32((int)time["hours"]), Convert.ToInt32((int)time["minutes"]), Convert.ToInt32((int)time["seconds"]), Convert.ToInt32((int)time["milliseconds"]));

totalLength = new TimeSpan(0, Convert.ToInt32((int)time["hours"]), Convert.ToInt32((int)time["minutes"]), Convert.ToInt32((int)time["seconds"]), Convert.ToInt32((int)time["milliseconds"]));

Happy to test VFD and provide feedback as and when you're ready.

- fezster - 2011-08-29

Btw, I also found that the latest nightly does not provide a callback for OnSeekOnChapter. Might help to know, as I spent quite some time trying to work out why I wasnt getting a JPC announcement when taking a BigStepForward/BigStepBackward. The code change to fix this in the nightly build is trivial.

- Grangey. - 2011-09-09

guys you are aware that imon supports xbmc nativly right? All you have to do is remove username and password under xbmc network settings, and ensure the "port" on xbmc matches that in imon manager-imon utililities-front view-media information

just dont understand the need for this program now is all? sorry if ive missed something