Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2013-01-13

No, the only option you need to change with regards iMon, is this:

Open iMon Manager -> iMon Utilities Menu -> Frontview -> Media Information -> (Uncheck) XBMC.

Then install XBMConiMon by Parslej and configure the IP address / TCP port to match your setup. The other settings in the app you can tailor to suit your requirements.

If you start XBMC on Windows start, you'll want to add a shortcut to XBMConiMon to the "Startup" folder in the start menu as well. This 3rd party app may make it more streamlined for you: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Bettz1 - 2013-01-14

Many thanks that worked Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Only thing i noticed is i didnt have to change the ip address to the one xbmc was showing in settings - network?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - htpc guy - 2013-01-14

(2013-01-14, 02:18)Bettz1 Wrote: Many thanks that worked Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Only thing i noticed is i didnt have to change the ip address to the one xbmc was showing in settings - network?

I believe by default the ip should have been set at 127.0.0.1,(local host ip address). That is the equivalent of your ip address as 192.168.x.x.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - ibramadhan - 2013-01-14

anyone?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - ck2012 - 2013-01-15

hello all!

question for you. I have a few different HTPC running xbmc in the house and wanted to add a 3rd. This time i really wanted a lcd or vfd. I am looking at a antec fusion that comes with a lcd or getting one to slide into a 5.25 slot from crystalfonts or matrix.

with frodo out, what software a people using? Any major pros or cons over one brand or another?I need to have a clock displayed and would love a EQ. title and track would be nice. It seems funny that there are not more options for this. people say its distracting or whatever, however i think it adds the final missing touch.

Thanks!

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Bargeld - 2013-01-15

Hi!

I recently set up a HTPC with a VFD display. I've successfully installed the parslej version but as others have noted it only shows one line of info and does not scroll long titles. As I undertand it theres another branch of the plugin that is more suitable for Vfd displays. I've tried installing that plugin aswell but it gives the same error as the non fixed parslej version.

I was wondering if the same fix could be applied to vfd branch? It seems to be the same bug.

Odp: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - parslej - 2013-01-16

Can you please share photo how you see that on your box ?

I will ask my fiend to look into and correct if possible

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - ibramadhan - 2013-01-17

wow great support. thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - ibramadhan - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-13, 13:07)ibramadhan Wrote: Ladies and gents,

Have been reading and reading and cant seen to find the answer, so any help will be greatly appriciated.

I really wanna get this working with my Moneual 320, is that possible.

Thanks

I guess ill try and bump this, anyone? Im pritty sure its a VFD?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Fry7 - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-17, 08:18)ibramadhan Wrote: I guess ill try and bump this, anyone? Im pritty sure its a VFD?

Yes, looks like a VFD, but not like an iMon.

Maybe take a look at THIS THREAD, you might find some useful hints and links there.

RE: Odp: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Bargeld - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-16, 18:47)parslej Wrote: Can you please share photo how you see that on your box ?

I will ask my fiend to look into and correct if possible

Parslej is that a response to my post? If so, do you want a picture of the error message or what the display looks like using your version of the plugin?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - lilleselmer - 2013-01-19

Hi all! I've been working and working to find a solution to this. I'm running the latest version of the XBMC Frodo RC3, the Latest version of iMon Manager, ant the "parslej version" of "Xbmc On iMon" This is by now the one that works the best for me. Im running this on a Antec Fusion Remote Case.

The case is that my display will not show movie title, episode title, or anything else, but "idle text" or "time" This has been working for me on the previous version of xbmc, of course with the "1.4" version of "xbmc on imon".

AnyoneHuh Help!!!!!! What am i doing wrong? Anyone got the same problems?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-19, 19:49)lilleselmer Wrote: Hi all! I've been working and working to find a solution to this. I'm running the latest version of the XBMC Frodo RC3, the Latest version of iMon Manager, ant the "parslej version" of "Xbmc On iMon" This is by now the one that works the best for me. Im running this on a Antec Fusion Remote Case.

The case is that my display will not show movie title, episode title, or anything else, but "idle text" or "time" This has been working for me on the previous version of xbmc, of course with the "1.4" version of "xbmc on imon".

You do know this isn't a replacement for the iMon utilities software don't you? You need to run both. And you need to have explorer.exe running for the software to load, so this needs to be set as such if your also running XBMC launcher.
Parslej,

I've discovered a minor issue / bug [delete as appropriate]:

When exiting XBMC back to the Windows Desktop, XBMConiMon no longer releases control of the LCD display. You are left with the two horizontal bars, and nothing else. Frontview is unable to resume automatic display. This used to work with BlackMan's version.

Also, if you manage to fix this, and bake in fixes for the VFD version, you might wish to bump the version number and update the changelog to avoid confusion in this forum.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - lilleselmer - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-20, 04:11)gibxxi Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 19:49)lilleselmer Wrote: Hi all! I've been working and working to find a solution to this. I'm running the latest version of the XBMC Frodo RC3, the Latest version of iMon Manager, ant the "parslej version" of "Xbmc On iMon" This is by now the one that works the best for me. Im running this on a Antec Fusion Remote Case.

You do know this isn't a replacement for the iMon utilities software don't you? You need to run both. And you need to have explorer.exe running for the software to load, so this needs to be set as such if your also running XBMC launcher.
Parslej,

I've discovered a minor issue / bug [delete as appropriate]:

When exiting XBMC back to the Windows Desktop, XBMConiMon no longer releases control of the LCD display. You are left with the two horizontal bars, and nothing else. Frontview is unable to resume automatic display. This used to work with BlackMan's version.

Also, if you manage to fix this, and bake in fixes for the VFD version, you might wish to bump the version number and update the changelog to avoid confusion in this forum.

Yes I know this! If I don't run the iMon manager, my remote, and also my display would not work at all.

No one else having these problems, or have any idea of what i am doing wrong?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - lilleselmer - 2013-01-22

Anyone!!! Huh?