Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2013-01-23

Can't help you. I can't get it to run at all on my VFD-based system. Well it runs, but complains that iMon Manager isn't responding all the time. Don't think it's a firewall issue, as both are installed on the same machine, and am using 127.0.0.1 as the IP, but as the PC with the VFD isn't the media centre, and not required for constant XBMC usage, have put the diagnosing on the back burner.

If you haven't already got this set, try turning balloon tips on and see if any messages are displayed.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - zynisch - 2013-01-29

First, thank you for providing this tool and for giving support in this forum! I really appreciate all your effort!

Yesterday I've installed Win8 x64, XBMC Frodo RC3, iMon Manager 8.12.1202 and XBMC on iMon by Parslej.
Everything works fine...under certain conditions. My question is, how can I start iMon Manager and XBMC on iMon with administrative rights, without getting the UAC prompt.

Like I mentioned before, everything works just fine if I start the applications like this:
1. Start iMon Manager and XBMC on iMon with administrative privileges. The UAC prompt appears.
2. Start XBMC without administrative rights....just by using the shortcut in the taskbar.

I've tried to start iMon Manager and XBMC on iMon with a scheduled task, so I can get rid of the UAC prompt.
Both tasks appear in the Windows TaskManager process list, but there are no tray icons visible.
If I start XBMC no information is displayed on the LC-Display (it only shows the clock). Maybe it's not connected or initialised...I don't know, since there is no tray icon and therefore no balloon tips.

Any ideas or recommendations?
By the way, disabling UAC is not really an option for me. Blush

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2013-01-30

CCleaner has an ingenious method for getting past the UAC prompt but I'm unaware of exactly "how" it does it, i just know the option exists. This may give you a clue as to how to proceed. Intended to do some investigation for myself for a similar purpose... Just haven't gotten around to it - yet.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - zynisch - 2013-01-31

@gibxxi
I guess the setting you mean is 'Options->Advanced->Skip User Account Control warning'. This option only disables the UAC prompt for the start of CCleaner itself, but not for other applications. Edit: I found no information about how this is done by CCleaner.
I really don't understand why starting iMON and XBMC on iMON with a scheduled task (highest privileges is selected) behaves different than starting the applications directly by using the 'run as administrator' option in the context menu of the desktop link. The result should be exactly the same.

Edit: Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit seems to offer a solution. It's possible to create UAC exceptions for certain applications. I'll try this tomorrow and will post the result here.

Odp: RE: Odp: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - parslej - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-18, 15:56)Bargeld Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 18:47)parslej Wrote: Can you please share photo how you see that on your box ?

I will ask my fiend to look into and correct if possible

Parslej is that a response to my post? If so, do you want a picture of the error message or what the display looks like using your version of the plugin?

Both preferable Smile

Apologise delayed response but was really under the water last weeks...

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - zynisch - 2013-02-01

OMG...
The actual problem was that I put XBMC on iMON in the Programs folder under C:\. In this case you have to give the users group full access (ntfs), otherwise it won't start, except you choose "run as administrator". If you put it in a different folder (e.g. D:\tools) it starts in the user context, without the need for changing the ntfs permissions.
Now I can start it in the user context without administrative rights and without receiving the UAC prompt. Perfect.

It's still strange why it won't start properly with a scheduled task, but there's absolutely no need for it.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - m1mi.dan0s - 2013-02-03

Today I have tried to use this with XBMC Frodo on Windows 8 x64 and the latest version of iMon Manager, but it crashes the moment it is connected to XBMC.

First .NET Framework gives an error after which the icon disappears from the taskbar.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you resolve this?

Btw: it sucks that Frodo stopped supporting the iMon API, because with me the graphic equalizer, etc. always worked very nicely.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2013-02-03

(2013-02-03, 21:24)m1mi.dan0s Wrote: Btw: it sucks that Frodo stopped supporting the iMon API, because with me the graphic equalizer, etc. always worked very nicely.

More a reflection on SoundGraph and their infrequent updates than XBMC TBH. XBMC has had the JSONRPC code for some time, and at any point during this time, SoundGraph "could" of released an update to the iMon Manager software to reflect this, but since the ability to "plug-in" to the iMon software was added, SoundGraph have pretty much offloaded support for the 3rd party apps to the developers servicing those apps. There's even a reply by their forum staff member pointing to this thread on the XBMC forums when a user raised a question there about this very fact.

BTW, XBMC isn't the only app that fails to work with the iMon software. I have both types of display (VFD/LCD) and MediaMonkey 4 no longer works with the iMon software either. It's not an isolated issue.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - m1mi.dan0s - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-03, 23:50)gibxxi Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 21:24)m1mi.dan0s Wrote: Btw: it sucks that Frodo stopped supporting the iMon API, because with me the graphic equalizer, etc. always worked very nicely.

More a reflection on SoundGraph and their infrequent updates than XBMC TBH. XBMC has had the JSONRPC code for some time, and at any point during this time, SoundGraph "could" of released an update to the iMon Manager software to reflect this, but since the ability to "plug-in" to the iMon software was added, SoundGraph have pretty much offloaded support for the 3rd party apps to the developers servicing those apps. There's even a reply by their forum staff member pointing to this thread on the XBMC forums when a user raised a question there about this very fact.

BTW, XBMC isn't the only app that fails to work with the iMon software. I have both types of display (VFD/LCD) and MediaMonkey 4 no longer works with the iMon software either. It's not an isolated issue.

Hm, didn't know that. Thanks for filling me in. Then Soundgraph sucks for not listening to their customers. I mean, percentage-wise, how many of their customers that purchased a VFD-display are using XBMC? I'm sure it's a lot, if not all of them. Seems like a good reason to listen to your customers, am I right?

Could you pass me a link to the post you mentioned on the Soundgraph forum? I think we should all start to backup the thread starter in hopes that maybe they'll realize it's time to start listening.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - robertvg - 2013-02-05

Actually the only reason for me to buy a machine with a Soundgraph VFD was that I wanted to run XBMC ;-)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-03, 21:24)m1mi.dan0s Wrote: Today I have tried to use this with XBMC Frodo on Windows 8 x64 and the latest version of iMon Manager, but it crashes the moment it is connected to XBMC.

First .NET Framework gives an error after which the icon disappears from the taskbar.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you resolve this?

Btw: it sucks that Frodo stopped supporting the iMon API, because with me the graphic equalizer, etc. always worked very nicely.

What is the location of your software? If it is under the program files folder then .net will throw an error message as Windows does not allow applications to write to the programs folder. Move the app to some other location like C:\.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 13:24)robertvg Wrote: Actually the only reason for me to buy a machine with a Soundgraph VFD was that I wanted to run XBMC ;-)

Likewise. I think a Media Center system without some sort of funky display is missing that Hi-fi feeling to it, I had a standalone LCD with my old case, same model as the one in the HD-503 case. And I also have the Veris Elite in my desktop. SoundGraph are mostly pushing their LCD touchscreens these days. The older VFD/LCD seems to be a bit "EOL" in terms of support from where I'm sitting.

http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10684&highlight=XBMC

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - mario661 - 2013-02-07

OK, I don't want to say "solution". but this is what I did to make it work..
I have installed VMWare Player, downloaded the LTS 32-bit ubuntu server.

When installing Ubuntu, I installed the bare-bone server only (384MBytes after installation is done), 4 GB harddisk which will not be used 100%) AND (VERY IMPORTANT: change the network mode to "Bridged". Don't forget to connect your SoundGraph USB display to your VM (disconnectiing it from your host computer so first shut down your imon manager).

After installation, I installed lcdproc (apt-get install lcdproc) and lookup where is says "Driver=xxxx" and changed it to "Driver=imon" (BTW: I 'borrowed' the OpenELEC LCDd.conf and modified that one. This one worked exactly how I wanted). Also find the "bind=127.0.0.1" and change it to "bind=0.0.0.0".

Your brand new machine now has a LCDd on a IP address that you should be able to connect to (ifconfig to see your Virtual Machine's IP address).

Download the script.xbmc.lcd add-on (Bing and Google are your friends). It has no installer, so just copy the script to your add-on directory. You can configure it to connect to the LCDd on the Virtual Machine's IP address.

And there you go: possible to most difficult way to get it to work.......... but it works! :-)

I now have XBMCBuntu, OpenELEC and WIndows 7 on 1 SSD in my PC running the same plugin to show info in my 2-lined display with scrolling, hacked a variable in my includes.xml to display the series name on line 1 and the episode name on line 2 when browsing my Seaons/Episodes in my Videos library. Got to like it. :o)

YMMV and i wish I could write C/C++ to make a nice LCDd replacement, but no such luck. Undecided

It's late and got work to go to tomorrow so good luck!

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - tokarevps - 2013-02-11

When I start XBMC, XBMC on iMON Display show message "Unknown error in iMon"

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - s1mp3 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 18:21)tokarevps Wrote: When I start XBMC, XBMC on iMON Display show message "Unknown error in iMon"

Same problem here Sad
I've enabled plugin support in imon...