Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

- Montellese - 2010-11-07

For me it sometimes only looks up until the next update of the screen and sometimes it looks up until I restart iMon Manager or turn the display off and then on again.

- bobbydavro - 2010-11-07

bobbydavro Wrote:Do you know if this will work with the original Antec Fusion case?

Fusion Case VFD with Floppy power connector and no IR receiver

Its the very bottom one here.
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/index.php?page=support_faqDownload

I'll gladly test the VFD but I think mine might be even older than what you need?

tried this but the iMon doesn't work it just says the VFD i have is for Antec VFD not imon

your software then says imon is not repsonding when the VFD software is running.

- ayami - 2010-11-08

Hi, i got XBMC Dharma beta 4 and Antec Fusion Max with Imon Remote.
It works pretty well but some buttons does not work like "dvd menu", "subitle" or "audio"...

With this software can i fix/add this options?

Thanks.

- NorDemoniac - 2010-11-08

ayami Wrote:Hi, i got XBMC Dharma beta 4 and Antec Fusion Max with Imon Remote.
It works pretty well but some buttons does not work like "dvd menu", "subitle" or "audio"...

With this software can i fix/add this options?

Thanks.

If you are thinking of the buttons on the remote, you'll have to assign them manually. Set a key for each thing, and if XBMC don't have a key for that, I think there is a XML file you can edit.

- ayami - 2010-11-08

NorDemoniac Wrote:If you are thinking of the buttons on the remote, you'll have to assign them manually. Set a key for each thing, and if XBMC don't have a key for that, I think there is a XML file you can edit.

Thanks, I'll setup the remote keys.

- noski - 2010-11-10

Montellese Wrote:Hm good question. I can't get it to be greyed out.

Hi Montellese, mine is also greyed out. What should I do?

- Montellese - 2010-11-10

noski Wrote:Hi Montellese, mine is also greyed out. What should I do?

Are you using the latest beta version of iMon Manager?

I'm making a wild guess here: Maybe iMon Manager tries to look for installed software which they support (Winamp, iTunes, ...) and only activate those which they find (e.g. in my case this is only XBMC and MPC-HC because I don't have Winamp, iTunes etc). So maybe it simply doesn't find XBMC BUT it can connect to it if you have the correct port specified in XBMC.

If my program doesn't work properly because iMon Manager interfers with it the only thing I can think of is disabling "Media Information" under "iMON Utilities" --> "FrontView" --> "Auto mode".

- noski - 2010-11-10

Wow, quick reply! Thanks.
I re-installed everything just to be sure, unfortunately it was still the same.
I am using Windows 7 64bit.
XBMC is installed under "Program Files (x86)" so maybe as you say iMon Manager cannot find it.
I am just starting out, so I'll see how it goes.

- basovandrey - 2010-11-10

Montellese можете сделать, что бы название в бегущей строке, появлялось из за правого края дисплея и полностью уходила за край левого края. Сейчас название сразу появляется на экране и немного сдвигается перескакивает на начало.
Montellese Google translate "can do that would name a running line, emerged from behind the right edge of the display and completely went over the edge of the left edge. Now the name immediately appears on the screen and moves a little jump to the beginning."

- tomer953 - 2010-11-10

Is there any progress with 0.1.3? can't wait.

basovandrey Wrote:Montellese Google translate "can do that would name a running line, emerged from behind the right edge of the display and completely went over the edge of the left edge. Now the name immediately appears on the screen and moves a little jump to the beginning."
I'm sorry I don't understand your problem. Google Translator isn't all that good. Do you have a problem with the scrolling of text?

tomer953 Wrote:Is there any progress with 0.1.3? can't wait.
Yes there is some progress but there is an annoying bug in a new feature which I would like to fix first before I release v0.1.3.

- basovandrey - 2010-11-10

Проблемы нет. Это пожелание. Сделать так, что бы имя фильма появлялось из за правого края дисплея и полностью скрывалось за левым краем экрана.
Translate: No problem. This wish. Make it so that the name of the movie to appear because of the right edge of the display and completely hidden behind the left edge of the screen.

As promised version 0.1.3 is out now.

Changelog (v0.1.3 Beta):
  • General
    • Window didn't always show up when the tray icon was double-clicked
    • Window now shows up when the application is being started again
    • Option to disable balloon tips
  • iMON
    • Maximum length of LCD text is limited to 256 characters
  • XBMC
    • Progress bar was reset when the user seeked through the currently playing file
    • Program crashed when the seek time was negative
    • Option to customize the text shown when a movie is currently playing
    • Option to enalbe/disable the usage of the "TV" media type icon instead of the "Movie" one when playing a tv episode
    • Option to enable/disable the usage of the "TV" and "HDTV" icon when playing a tv episode
    • Option to customize the text shown when a tv episode is currently playing
    • Option to customize the text shown when a music video is currently playing
    • Option to customize the text shown when a song is currently playing

Make sure to take a look at the new options in the XBMC settings. You can now use tags like %title%, %year% etc to define what you would like to see while watching a movie, tv episode, music video or music song. The available tags vary depending on the type of file which is being played. Just click into the textbox and type "%" and you will get a list of possible tags. You will only see 2 suggestions but you can use the Up/Down arrows to browse through them and see more than just the 2.

Quick update. I had messed up the backup mechanisms for the now playing information for music files (e.g. when playing a none library song or using a plugin like shoutbox). I fixed it and uploaded a version 0.1.3.1. I also removed the v0.1.3 version so make sure to get the latest one.

raptylos may have found a workaround for the "remote freezes screen" problem. Open your iMON Manager and navigate to "iMON Utilities" --> "FrontView" --> "Auto mode" and disable "iMON Remote Control Message". To be 100% certain iMON noticed the changes restart iMON Manager. It works for both raptylos and me so there is a chance it works for you guys as well. Of course if you can't live without the remote control messages this is not an option for you and you will have to live without the "Control mode" until I or Soundgraph finds a workaround.

- tomer953 - 2010-11-11

Great!
I just installed this and its work fine!

few things that I have already saw:

1. when playing file (any music\movie), and go forward with the arrow keys, the time bars are work perfectly, but when running forword\backwards with the OSD menu buttons, they don't show the currect time, even after clicking play... (only after pause they refresh)
2. the volume problem with volume buttons is still a live ;(
I'm searching a way to make them control the XBMC volume and not the windows\imon volume
3. when playing a tv show, It look like the same as I playing movie, showing the Title only and the "MOVIE" tag in the LCD, tried all my tvshows..

THANKS A LOT !!!