Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

- Montellese - 2010-11-11

tomer953 Wrote:Great!
I just installed this and its work fine!
Glad to hear that :Smile:

tomer953 Wrote:1. when playing file (any music\movie), and go forward with the arrow keys, the time bars are work perfectly, but when running forword\backwards with the OSD menu buttons, they don't show the currect time, even after clicking play... (only after pause they refresh)
Yeah this is still a known problem because XBMC doesn't always return the correct value (depending on how fast I request the data I think).

tomer953 Wrote:2. the volume problem with volume buttons is still a live ;(
I'm searching a way to make them control the XBMC volume and not the windows\imon volume
Yeah no changes there as there is no way I can notice when iMON Manager interfers with the LCD. If you find a way to change the XBMC volume let me know.

tomer953 Wrote:3. when playing a tv show, It look like the same as I playing movie, showing the Title only and the "MOVIE" tag in the LCD, tried all my tvshows..
Are your tv shows in the library or not? If not there is currently no way to distinguish between movies and tv shows.

- tomer953 - 2010-11-11

my tv shows is in the Libary..

another thing, is the "strat from the latest location" when you enter to a movie you already whatched, the times bars are wrong.

and when you insert location using numbers (12:42:13) the same problem...

tomer953 Wrote:my tv shows is in the Libary..
Odd works for me with every tv show and episode. Could you turn on debug logging and start playing a tv episode and post the debug log on pastebin? XBMC does not define whether the currently playing video is a movie, tv episode or music video. I try to determine this using the availability of certain info fields (like when "artist" is available it must be a music video) but maybe the needed fields are missing in your library database.

tomer953 Wrote:another thing, is the "strat from the latest location" when you enter to a movie you already whatched, the times bars are wrong.
Thought I tested/fixed this but I'll check when I get home.

tomer953 Wrote:and when you insert location using numbers (12:42:13) the same problem...
I'll have to see if I get an announcement from XBMC that the playing position has changed. If not I can't do anything about it in my program. Maybe I could write a patch for XBMC to fire an announcement but I'll first have to investigate it.

OK I checked the things you mentioned.

- All TV Shows in my library are recognized as such by my program.
- Progress bar starts from the correct position when starting a movie with "start from xx:xx"
- Progress bar updates correctly when jumping to a location by entering a time value

A debug log containing these scenarios would be the best way to figure out the problem. At my end everything works fine...

- Vinny - 2010-11-12

Seems to work on my seven 32bit. I have frequently my lcd screen hanging on a "stop" message though, no other choice when this happens than restart your tool.

I'm just wondering, did you notice that Soundgraph implemented the xbmc support for some versions now ?

I'm installing VS to check your solution right away, great job man, because your code seems even more reactive that the imon built-in xbmc stuff Smile

For the TV-show/movie differenciation issue, I assume it may depend on the place which the video is run from. For instance, with the Alaska skin, if I go to "new episodes" directly from home, xbmc-on-imon thinks it is a movie I'm watching. But if I run the exact same file from the standard place, browsing tv-shows, then seasons, it understands it is a tv-show.
Maybe it is related to another xbmc problem which consists of - I think - avoiding the custom player rules to be analysed when launching a movie from such a shortcut screen. So maybe it comes from xbmc and from your app.

- tomer953 - 2010-11-13

Montellese Wrote:OK I checked the things you mentioned.

1) All TV Shows in my library are recognized as such by my program.
2) Progress bar starts from the correct position when starting a movie with "start from xx:xx"
3) Progress bar updates correctly when jumping to a location by entering a time value

A debug log containing these scenarios would be the best way to figure out the problem. At my end everything works fine...

1) Log:
http://pastebin.com/imCh99aU
playing an episode of survivor s11e01 called "Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise"
Imon show only the title.

2) Log:
http://pastebin.com/7UfFMYK5
on line 5: "המשך מהמיקום האחרון" = play from the last position in Hebrew...
Played "Law.Abiding.Citizen" from the middle and time bars stays on start untill pause.

3) you were right.. my mistake

and something else, the debug file size increas every 1 sec in 1kb when xbmc is active, any way to make debug.old.txt everytime you exit xbmc and delete the old one? Like logging in xbmc the software.. so the log file won't be 1Gb or something

10x

- Montellese - 2010-11-13

tomer953 Wrote:1) Log:
http://pastebin.com/imCh99aU
playing an episode of survivor s11e01 called "Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise"
Imon show only the title.
I'll have to take a closer look at that one.

tomer953 Wrote:2) Log:
http://pastebin.com/7UfFMYK5
on line 5: "המשך מהמיקום האחרון" = play from the last position in Hebrew...
Played "Law.Abiding.Citizen" from the middle and time bars stays on start untill pause.
The problem is that XBMC says that the current position of the video is at 1 so my program diplays it from the beginning and not the current position:
Code:
13/11/2010 19:52:05 [XBMC] JSON RPC response: {
   "id" : 627,
   "jsonrpc" : "2.0",
   "result" : {
      "paused" : false,
      "playing" : true,
      "time" : 1,
      "total" : 6530000
   }
}
I have no idea though why it works for me but doesn't work for you.

tomer953 Wrote:and something else, the debug file size increas every 1 sec in 1kb when xbmc is active, any way to make debug.old.txt everytime you exit xbmc and delete the old one? Like logging in xbmc the software.. so the log file won't be 1Gb or something
The idea of the debug logging feature is to only have it activated when you really need it meaning if you ran into a bug then you activate debug logging and then try to reproduce the bug and then you deactivate it again.

- tomer953 - 2010-11-13

Montellese Wrote:The problem is that XBMC says that the current position of the video is at 1 so my program diplays it from the beginning and not the current position:
Code:
13/11/2010 19:52:05 [XBMC] JSON RPC response: {
   "id" : 627,
   "jsonrpc" : "2.0",
   "result" : {
      "paused" : false,
      "playing" : true,
      "time" : 1,
      "total" : 6530000
   }
}
I have no idea though why it works for me but doesn't work for you.

whice version of xbmc are you using at? me beta4...

- Montellese - 2010-11-13

tomer953 Wrote:whice version of xbmc are you using at? me beta4...

Same here. Maybe I'll have to ask XBMC for the current position every 5 seconds instead of keeping a local time value (which is updated every 5 seconds) and only asking XBMC for the actual value if something like play/pause etc happens. I did it this way to reduce the amount of calls and possible latency but at least at my end the Control mode works pretty smoothly and it asks XBMC for the current position every 500ms which is a tenth of the interval of the progress bar (where it doesn't really make sense to make it smaller).

- PatOso - 2010-11-17

Not that I'm doing wrong but can not get connected.
I have no very clear that we must put in IP.
I use my HTPC via wifi.
Greetings

- Slipx - 2010-11-21

Thanks for this. Works great with Windows 7 64bit and XBMC beta 4. Much better that the native Imon support for xbmc.

- andyking30 - 2010-12-18

Congratulations on doing this. I set it up this morning and it is a huge stepforward. Is it possible to show the current menu selectioin on the display and not just the currently played video/music? For example, as i scroll from video to tv shows to movies can this be displayed. Essnetially you could navigate through xbmc without having the tv screen turned on which would be very useful for music and radio.

I have noticed a bug though.
If you navigate to the latest episodes box on the confluence skin (the one that shows the latest 4 episodes u've added to teh library) by going to tvshows and pushing left twice, the display then fails to change. For example, if i select "burn notice s04e18 Last stand" from the list the title does not display and it sticks to whatever was shown before. A restart of xbmc on imon is then required.

However, if i select a movie from the latest four movies box then it does indeed work fine.

I am running XBMC dharma rc2 on windows 7 x64 and using eventghost.

- Montellese - 2010-12-18

andyking30 Wrote:Congratulations on doing this. I set it up this morning and it is a huge stepforward. Is it possible to show the current menu selectioin on the display and not just the currently played video/music? For example, as i scroll from video to tv shows to movies can this be displayed. Essnetially you could navigate through xbmc without having the tv screen turned on which would be very useful for music and radio.
This is possible by activating the "Control mode" option in the XBMC options.

andyking30 Wrote:I have noticed a bug though.
If you navigate to the latest episodes box on the confluence skin (the one that shows the latest 4 episodes u've added to teh library) by going to tvshows and pushing left twice, the display then fails to change. For example, if i select "burn notice s04e18 Last stand" from the list the title does not display and it sticks to whatever was shown before. A restart of xbmc on imon is then required.

I'll have a look at it. Maybe it has something to do with the RecentlyAdded script not starting the episode properly (e.g. directly starting the file and not the library item) which leads to XBMC not providing any information about the currently playing file.

- sockenelk - 2010-12-20

would really like to try this out - but I've got a starter problem: when installing the imon-software I want to go to Options and set to plugin-mode (as in your readme) - but there is no option to set that anywhere in the whole imon manager... Eek

Using win xp, Zalman hd160 with LCD display, latest imon driver, dharma release version

anyone has a advice?

cheers

- migr - 2010-12-24

took me a while to get it all up and running, but very nice. it works perfectly on my Zalman HD503 running win7 32 bit. i was really anoyed at how un configurable the screen was with the supplied software, so i thank you very much for your app and look foward to future updates.