Kodi Community Forum
Release Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens (/showthread.php?tid=84175)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- djtoll - 2011-11-24

it was to small for my fingers on the O2 Joggler and i have changed the list, but i can give you the old FileBrowser.xml with 8 lines.

- detlev24 - 2011-11-25

djtoll Wrote:
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Shutdown button" thumb="ButtonMenuShutdownNF.png">XBMC.Powerdown()</favourite>
</favourites>
thanks a lot! this works fine; and finally also my parents are able to shut the system down. Laugh

(can i rearrange the favourites? i like your alternative #2 home best.)

i hope you will continue doing your great work!

best regards

- john.doe - 2011-11-26

djtoll Wrote:it was to small for my fingers on the O2 Joggler and i have changed the list, but i can give you the old FileBrowser.xml with 8 lines.

I thought that would be the reason. Smile

Thanks for the alternative FileBrowser.xml file.

Cheers.

- djtoll - 2011-11-27

detlev24 Wrote:thanks a lot! this works fine; and finally also my parents are able to shut the system down. Laugh

(can i rearrange the favourites? i like your alternative #2 home best.)

i hope you will continue doing your great work!

best regards

yes, add this line
<favourite name="Shutdown button" thumb="ButtonMenuShutdownNF.png">XBMC.Powerdown()</favourite>
to the others in your old/backuped favourites.xml

Music source problem - hotlips - 2011-12-02

hotlips Wrote:The Video source works fine, so it is only a problem for the audio source.
Where in the Main.xml file should I look to se differences (or other XML files)?

I tried to run it under windows 7 (version 1.1.60 of the skin) and it works fine there.

I will try to update the skin on my Ubuntu 11.10 to the same version to see if it still fails

Best Regards,
Kristian

[ bug ] or feature? double-menu on home screen - john.doe - 2011-12-15

Hello there,

I thought you would like this reported in case it is a bug but it might just be a feature.

What happens: one gets double menu: both horizontal and vertical.

How to reproduce it:

1. Have the default view on (vertical menu)

2. Switch to horizontal menu from the special button on the homepage (the one with 3x3 squares).

3. Go to System / Skin / Home Window Option / "select <<default home view>>"

4. Go back to home page: you should have both vertical and horizontal menus active

The solution for me was to use again the special shortcut icon (3x3 squares or the one that appears in the horizontal menu home) to choose "default home view" again.

Using latest skin version on latest nightly on winxp.

Cheers.

PS
Also in the horizontal menu some weird characters appear on the home screen when the mouse is over some buttons, e.g. "EEEEEEEEEEEE", "be aired SSSSSSSS" when on "Music" and "Huh?| when over "Pictures".

- djtoll - 2011-12-15

john.doe Wrote:Hello there,

I thought you would like this reported in case it is a bug but it might just be a feature.

What happens: one gets double menu: both horizontal and vertical.

How to reproduce it:

1. Have the default view on (vertical menu)

2. Switch to horizontal menu from the special button on the homepage (the one with 3x3 squares).

3. Go to System / Skin / Home Window Option / "select <<default home view>>"

4. Go back to home page: you should have both vertical and horizontal menus active

The solution for me was to use again the special shortcut icon (3x3 squares or the one that appears in the horizontal menu home) to choose "default home view" again.

Using latest skin version on latest nightly on winxp.

Cheers.

PS
Also in the horizontal menu some weird characters appear on the home screen when the mouse is over some buttons, e.g. "EEEEEEEEEEEE", "be aired SSSSSSSS" when on "Music" and "Huh?| when over "Pictures".

THX for the Info ... fix coming soon.
horizontal menu is a big construction Zone Rolleyes -> but in the near time i will work on this.

Eden support - vanmanda - 2011-12-16

Hello DJToll,

I'm still a very happy user of the Joggler skin. I'm very thankfull for all your work on this skin !!!

XBMC 11.0 will soon be released.
I've read that some API's have changed.
Do you know if your skin will still work with Eden ?

Thanks !

- john.doe - 2011-12-17

vanmanda Wrote:Hello DJToll,

I'm still a very happy user of the Joggler skin. I'm very thankfull for all your work on this skin !!!

XBMC 11.0 will soon be released.
I've read that some API's have changed.
Do you know if your skin will still work with Eden ?

Thanks !

I'm using it on nightlies pre-eden so I guess it will work.

- Herkatus - 2011-12-18

Hi, I've just installed your skin on my fresh installed Joggler (ubuntu).

But I'm having some problems to update my music library (which will be the most used feature on the joggler). How to do it?

BTW, is there any to set the digital clock as the screensaver?

One last thing, when in "tape" mode, how to return to home without pressing stop?

- djtoll - 2011-12-20

Herkatus Wrote:Hi, I've just installed your skin on my fresh installed Joggler (ubuntu).

But I'm having some problems to update my music library (which will be the most used feature on the joggler). How to do it?

BTW, is there any to set the digital clock as the screensaver?

One last thing, when in "tape" mode, how to return to home without pressing stop?

1a. Music Database -> Context -> Update Library
1b. Music Files -> your needed Music Folder -> Scan Item to Library

2. No, sorry. You must to enter manual in this window.

3. There is a transparent close button

- Herkatus - 2011-12-20

Thanks, I'll give it a try...

Btw, great job Wink

XBMC Frozen Screen, help please - Skevaboy - 2011-12-23

I recently installed the Joggler Skin, when I selected the skin under the settings menu my XBMC center is now frozen on the settings screen of the. Joggler Skin. I have rebooted Apple Tv a few times, removed XBMC via NIto TV and reinstalled but after I reinstall and launch XBMC it's still frozen on Joggler skin settings screen.

Any suggestions on how to fix besides doing a full restore and jailbreak of my Apple TV

Thanks and happy holidays

- RenZ0R - 2011-12-23

Skevaboy Wrote:I recently installed the Joggler Skin, when I selected the skin under the settings menu my XBMC center is now frozen on the settings screen of the. Joggler Skin. I have rebooted Apple Tv a few times, removed XBMC via NIto TV and reinstalled but after I reinstall and launch XBMC it's still frozen on Joggler skin settings screen.

Any suggestions on how to fix besides doing a full restore and jailbreak of my Apple TV

Thanks and happy holidays

manually delete the skin, it will return back to confluence on next boot

- djtoll - 2011-12-26

Sorry, but I have never testing the Joggler Skin on Apple-Tv ore other apple hardware/iOS Systems.