Kodi Community Forum
Release Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens (/showthread.php?tid=84175)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

update 0.42 - djtoll - 2010-12-30

- add - NEW Home Button with can Search Databases (activate/deaktivate this in Skin Settingns) you can select also custom Backgrounds.
- add - Visible and Close button for the weatherwidget in the Clock2 Menu.
- add - New button in VideoInfodialog to start the script "Home Cinema Experience" if it is aviable.
- fix - Qlock2 "FIVE" label.

greetz djtoll and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 !!! @ all

update 0.43 - djtoll - 2010-12-31

- fix - Big Problem with Video Fullscreen Playercontrols, if Touching the TFT all Buttons are going off, hope it is better now. I have made a complete new Videofullscreen.xml

with option to change the Playercontrols (Video Fullscreen) to the same aka original Confluence-Skin (more Performance?). Ok I add 3 Button, I think this are needed. If you

touching in the middle of the screen Top Blade-Menu (playcontrol-buttons) going ON/OFF.

greetz djtoll

- Swifty - 2010-12-31

Thanks for the updates DJToll.

I haven't had time to clean up my flash image for release yet (been tiling my kitchen Rolleyes ) I will make some time to get it out soon though.

Happy new year (well in 12 hours or so) !

- PsYCoR - 2011-01-01

My first Post in 2011 !!!

DJ-Toll 4 President Nerd

big big big big THX 4 the ALLOVER best SKIN !!!!
never have seen or testet a programm/SKIN with this usefull POWER for Touchscreen Panels !!!!

it is a very very wonderful and harmful work !

big thx

happy new year

update 0.44 - djtoll - 2011-01-02

- New - add a Touch friendly Button-Fields to Seek Playing-Media. Open the right arrow (Dialog-Volume Window). Left AnalogSeekBack and the right Field for AnalogSeekForward.

and the drag-slider VOLUME

greetz djtoll

- Swifty - 2011-01-02

@djtoll

Since the 0.43 the video performance problem seems to have regressed, also now when starting a video the top bar stays present until I tap the middle of the screen.
I guess this invisible button in the middle of the screen is causing the performance problems again, but I do have the option for 'more performance' disabled - it worked as intended before but since 0.43 and 0.44 the button doesn't appear to make any difference..

I intend to spend some time on my image later and testing more on the joggler, so will hope to give you some feedback on more of the skin if it helps Smile

- djtoll - 2011-01-02

Swifty Wrote:@djtoll

Since the 0.43 the video performance problem seems to have regressed, also now when starting a video the top bar stays present until I tap the middle of the screen.
I guess this invisible button in the middle of the screen is causing the performance problems again, but I do have the option for 'more performance' disabled - it worked as intended before but since 0.43 and 0.44 the button doesn't appear to make any difference..

I intend to spend some time on my image later and testing more on the joggler, so will hope to give you some feedback on more of the skin if it helps Smile

can you testing this ?

change this Block from VideoFullscreen.xml Line 1242

Code:
<control type="button" id="24261">
            <description>Fake Touch control menu TOP open close button TRANSPARENT</description>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(fullscreenMorePervormance)</visible>
            <posx>20</posx>
            <posy>104</posy>
            <width>1230</width>
            <height>600</height>
            <font>-</font>
            <label>-</label>            
            <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(fullscreenMorePervormanceTopMenuOnOff)</onclick>
            <selected>!Skin.HasSetting(fullscreenMorePervormanceTopMenuOnOff)</selected>    
        </control>

to ...

Code:
<control type="button" id="24261">
            <description>Fake Touch control menu TOP open close button TRANSPARENT</description>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(fullscreenMorePervormance)</visible>
            <posx>1220</posx>
            <posy>660</posy>
            <width>70</width>
            <height>70</height>
            <font>-</font>
            <label>-</label>            
            <texturenofocus>HomeHasSub6-NF.png</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>white.png</texturefocus>
            <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(fullscreenMorePervormanceTopMenuOnOff)</onclick>
            <selected>!Skin.HasSetting(fullscreenMorePervormanceTopMenuOnOff)</selected>    
        </control>

- Swifty - 2011-01-02

Just tried that out, in terms of video performance it is no improvement, but I now see the > sign at the bottom of the screen which I have to tap to show and hide the controls.
The controls don't hide themselves like they used to - presumably because they are controlled shown / hidden by the fake button?

Can the option for more performance revert to the standard confluence method? (ie. show in mouse touch and hide after xx seconds) - this one seems to give the best performance since there are no hidden buttons (on my joggler, as soon as anything is drawn with video - including hidden items, it seems to impact higher bitrate videos)

Thanks for your help.

- SteveCoops - 2011-01-07

What's the best xbmc install on the joggler these days before installing your skin?

- Swifty - 2011-01-10

I will be putting out an image tomorrow that boots into XBMC for the joggler, after fixing a few bugs over the last few days it's proving pretty stable now.

I've been tinkering around with a script I made to put it into the jogglers onboard flash, but I think I'm going to remove it and post instructions instead - since the user should only be attempting this if they are comfortable with the linux command line anyway..

- Swifty - 2011-01-10

Image uploaded : http://www.multiupload.com/4TEJYQ2FW1
Once you have it then grab a 4GB usb pen (sorry it was all I had - the actual image is ~700mb) extract the tar.gz so you are left with XBMC-Joggler.img and then from a terminal run; 'dd if=/where/you/downloaded/the/image/XBMC-Joggler.img of=/dev/yourUSB'

For example - dd if=~/Desktop/XBMC-Joggler.img of=/dev/sdb

*Note* Ensure you enter the correct device, your usb drive may not be 'sdb' you can probably tell by running 'sudo fdisk -l' and looking at the sizes.

Notes:
  • The image is based on a stripped down Karmic install as the newer distributions require the use of Intels new EMGD drivers which don't appear to work with XBMC.
  • XBMC runs by default under an account named htpc, the password for this account (and also the root account) is Joggler (note the capital J).
  • NFS support with AutoFS is in the image, just go to /etc/auto.nfs and add the details for your nfs share (in the format; mountname ip.address:/share/details) and type 'mkdir /media/nfs' at the terminal - the nfs share will automatically be mounted at boot to /media/nfs
  • To configure WLAN enter 'wpa_passphrase yourssid yourkey' and copy the results into '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' then save the file.
  • To switch between WLAN/Wired edit '/etc/network/interfaces' and comment out either 'auto eth0 or auto ra0' depending on which one you _don't_ want to use.
  • It's a good idea to symlink /home/htpc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails to a file share as you will probably run out of space otherwise.
  • A script is present in the home directory for htpc called cleanup run this with ./cleanup.sh and it will tidy un-needed files created from apt-get and xbmc (use after updates etc).

Installing to flash:
*Note this is pretty safe and I've done it so far to 3 jogglers, but only attempt this if you are reasonably comfortable at the command line*

Boot the image from a USB drive on a hub so you can use a usb keyboard, when XBMC launches go to the power button and hit Exit (not shutdown),

Press Ctrl + Alt + F1, this should switch you to a terminal, then hit Ctrl + C and wait a few moments for X to close.

When you are the command line type 'su root' and enter 'Joggler' as the password.

Now type the following - this will delete 3 partitions from the onboard flash and create a partition with the combined remaining space;

Code:
fdisk /dev/mmcblk0
d > 4
d > 3
d > 2
n > p > 2 (enter + enter)
w

Now we will format the filesystem for the new partition and tweak some options;

Code:
mkfs.ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -i 0 /dev/mmcblk0p2

We have to replace the boot partition contents with some files that will allow Ubuntu to boot, so do the following;
Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/flash
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb
cd /mnt/flash
rm -r *
cd /mnt/usb/flash
cp -r * /mnt/flash
umount /mnt/flash
umount /mnt/usb

Now it's time to copy the actual install of Ubuntu and XBMC to the second partition of the Jogglers flash memory;

Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/flash
rsync -av --del --exclude=/proc/* --exclude=/sys/* --exclude=/tmp/* --exclude=/mnt/* --exclude=/usr/src/* --exclude=/media/* / /mnt/flash

We now need to tweak the fstab so that the correct partition is mounted when the system boots;

Code:
cd /mnt/flash/etc
mv fstab.mmc fstab
cd /

Now unmount the onboard memory so we can be sure everything is written successfully, and finally reboot the system (as the Joggler restarts remove the USB drive so that it boots from the onboard flash)

Code:
umount /mnt/flash
reboot

You should hopefully now boot into XBMC directly from the Jogglers flash memory without the need for any USB drives, the system takes up around 650MB so you have a little room to play with.

- tomid - 2011-01-22

Swifty, i'm really excited to your build but I cannot get either of the download links to work. Would it be possible to have a new download link? Blush

- djtoll - 2011-02-01

tomid Wrote:Swifty, i'm really excited to your build but I cannot get either of the download links to work. Would it be possible to have a new download link? Blush

dito, I can not use the DL-File, it is to big for us (I am not a Premium user at this hoster).

- djtoll - 2011-02-01

- add - SeekSlider to Fullscreen-Video (Ticket #5096: XBMC-Volume_and_SeekSlider-rev35719-v0.4.diff) infos @ http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5096 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43919 -- "Position slider in OSD for movie/music playback mouse control (drag and drop style)?" -- I have Testing this with xbmc Windows rev. 38567, I am not sure if this work with other plattforms.
- NO WORK WITH DHARMA 10.0

SeekSlider Focus

SeekSlider UnFocus

- fix - some optical fixes (scrollbars)
- fix - with the View "ADDON-INFO" it is now only visible if folder/pathname is "plugin", "addon" ore "script" at Music-, Video-, Programs- and Pictures-windows.

- fix - some optical fixes (not importand)

- fix - "LIST" Views in combination with custom Genre Video icons

- fix - Music Genre folder icons in combination with "polaroid" View.
- add - [WIP] - VIDEO an TVSHOWS Genre folder icons (2 Views are Done: Polaroid and Thumbnail)

- add - [WIP] - VIDEO an TVSHOWS Genre folder icons (Path: XBMC\addons\skin.joggler\media\foldericons\genre\tvshows\ + ...genre\movies\ )
- add - Music Fanart "File Modus"

- add - Music Genre folder icons (Path: XBMC\addons\skin.joggler\media\foldericons\genre\music\ )

- add - Trakt Button Video Fullscreen.
- add - now playing music label to Clock2
- add - homebutton animation.
- fix - Weather and clock button in the music vis.
- fix needed - Clock2 the "TEN" Label

- same as 0.45

- fix - Custom Favourites dont worked with Dharma 10.0
- add - Dimm Option for Qlock2
- update - many Skin language
- fix needed - Clock2 the "TEN" Label.

- Swifty - 2011-02-03

Hey guys, sorry - didn't realise megaupload have a premium limit.

If you use the link in my post and then scroll down once the page has loaded you should see a link for depositfiles where you can get the file without any special accounts (there is an advert under the megaupload link that pushes the depositfiles link out of immediate view..)