Kodi Community Forum
Release Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens (/showthread.php?tid=84175)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Lasted updates: - djtoll - 2011-03-29

- change - new Viewtype for MusicArtists @ music Database (smal modifications)
- change - Seekslider (from type=Seekslider to Slider) for Mediaplayer - update Skin to works with current nightlys (VideoFullscreen)

old vers.

new vers.

- add - new Viewtype for MusicArtists @ music Database (special request from cele4)
- add - Home Button "AQUARIUM" (with path of the screensaver location - only tested it on Win7). It works fine by My HTPC.

- add - Digital Clock Dialog window - more colors

- add - Digital Clock Dialog window at Home with button.

- add - Weather.com + skin support

- add - more Addons to MIXX-APPS

- add - new font: SANSATION
- fix - dialog window MIXX APPS - add grey icons for not installed addons.

- add - new view: CLEARART (only TV-shows and TV-seasons).
- add - partyMODUS logo - visible, Musicplayer playing in Partymode.

- fix - Textures.xbt not complete by updating to vers. 068

- change - New Dialog window named "App´s" - extended with MIXX-APPS
- change - playercontrol music adding a volumebar
- change - clock2, add grey icons for not installed addons.

- change - Home Buttons for "APPS" , "FULLSCREEN" , "WIDGET" -> (weather widget, simple Player)

- add - New Dialog window named "App´s" - Buttons for this are at home and in The Menus (Top-right).

- add - enable/disable - Scroll in Lists Views, Slide Animation.
- add - image to see where are the scrollbars, (HOME) default View and alternate Two-View.

- ralph9994 - 2011-03-30

"designed for touch interface with touchscreens"
isn't that just like an apple pie with applesHuh

- ROEDK - 2011-03-31

Just moved this skin from my test laptop, to, what will eventually become, my livingroom HTPC.
While testing on the laptop there was an M-icon on the filelist to open the context menu and allow for scanning for new content and so on, and a Q-icon I never really figured out what did.

On the HTPC those icons arent there. Where do I go to enable them?
I feel like I've been through every configuration screen, but I cant find anything resembling a "Enable contextmenu button".

And is there a reason why they were invisible, until clicked, on the laptop?
Can they be set to permantly visible?

- djtoll - 2011-03-31

ralph9994 Wrote:"designed for touch interface with touchscreens"
isn't that just like an apple pie with applesHuh

The Title Name was renamed a long time ago Big Grin ... I think it was a moderator from this Forum.

- djtoll - 2011-03-31

ROEDK Wrote:Just moved this skin from my test laptop, to, what will eventually become, my livingroom HTPC.
While testing on the laptop there was an M-icon on the filelist to open the context menu and allow for scanning for new content and so on, and a Q-icon I never really figured out what did.

On the HTPC those icons arent there. Where do I go to enable them?
I feel like I've been through every configuration screen, but I cant find anything resembling a "Enable contextmenu button".

And is there a reason why they were invisible, until clicked, on the laptop?
Can they be set to permantly visible?

They are permanently visible. It not exist a skin setting for this one.
M=Menu (Context etc.)
Q=Que (file/folder to Playlist)
they are many "M" in many Views ... nothing there ?

you can make a test if you copy the guisettings.xml from the laptop to the HTPC (please make a copy before you overwrite). Ore install my new Vers. 0.79 over my Repo.

update 0.79 - djtoll - 2011-03-31

- change - many changes on the Playercontrols (media-seeking and volume-slider)

- add - Hide button for the Home AQUARIUM BUTTON to Skin settings.

update 0.83 - djtoll - 2011-04-13

- change - small changes on the clearart and Logo2 View (TV-Series and Seasons)
- add - 2 NEW Views to TV-Series and TV-Seasons database (Banner, Landscape) PICS can be: Series_root_Folder/Banner.jpg ore Series_root_Folder/banner.jpg ore Series_root_Folder/Pics/Banner.jpg ore Series_root_Folder/Pics/banner.jpg here. At LANDSCAPE VIEW can be: Series_root_Folder/landscape.jpg ore Series_root_Folder/showthumb.jpg (names of the pics).
- add - new Artists View at Musicdatabase: LANDSCAPE - it see´s the Fanarts of Artists, if not Exist it will Display the default Thumb from Artists.

- change - Kiosk window in the background was visible if you used the search button on home.
- add - Two new Buttons on Home with hide option. First: you can change now faster to an other skin. Second: you can enter quickly to Skin settings "Custom Home Favorites Buttons".
- change - Background from PlayerControls.

more screens

- wwwill - 2011-05-04

WOW !!!! Shocked

I really LOVE your skin ! Nod

I use it for 1 hour now on my 8.4" 800x600 touchscreen, and it's the best XBMC touchscreen experience I had !

For now, it seems to be very (maybe too much) complete.
Lots of options and functions everywhere.

I will check that in the next days.

Congratulations for your work Wink

- djtoll - 2011-05-05

oh ... a WOW effect, thats good Big Grin Thanks wwwill !

update 0.84 - djtoll - 2011-05-07

- add - a "Pictures" button to videoInfo window. This Button open a new dialog window that see all available Pictures about the Item *** clearart, poster, banner, logo, landscape/showthumb, fanart2, fanart3, fanart4, fanart5, and
extrathumbs for Movies. all this files must be in the root folder of the TV-Show ore Movie. Also you can youse the logo Downloader script. The name of the Pictures in this root folder can be ...

- banner.jpg ore Banner.jpg (TVSHOWS)
- clearart.png (TVSHOWS)
- logo.png (TVSHOWS)
- landscape.jpg ore showthumb.jpg (TVSHOWS)
- fanart.jpg (TVSHOW and MOVIES)
- fanart2.jpg , fanart3.jpg , fanart4.jpg , fanart5.jpg (MOVIES)
- fanart2.jpg , fanart3.jpg , (TVSHOW)
- folder.jpg (TVSHOW and MOVIES)
- rootFolder/extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg , thumb3.jpg , thumb4.jpg (MOVIES)

some test screens:

- change - Bigger awards Icons
- change - some Close Buttons now bigger

- change - (special request from cele4 User) - work on the ARTIST-VIEW Music database (special: "Awards"). If you Edit manual the Artists.nfo this line <instruments>WorldMusic / Grammy / MTVmusic / MTVvideo / RockNRollHallOfFame / Oscar / GoldenGlobes / EurovisionSongContest / EchoMusic / ComedyPreis / GPVolksmusik</instruments> ### it will visible at this View. This are all 10 awards I have inplented. You can edit one ore all ore there what the Artist have become on awards.

- change - minimal optical changes on LANDSCAPE and BANNER View (Video Database).
- change - small seekbar at left bottom (its visible view seconds after toching the display) now bigger but for visible it´s the same.

- add - Fanart ore/and custom background (pictureFolder-Icon) to PlayerControls.
- add - multiimage EQ to Playercontrols with on/off by click on it.
- change - Default Weather Background.

- djtoll - 2011-05-07

MusicVideosInfo only with one Pic (bigger)

- quickbluehorse - 2011-05-11

Congratulations to an excellent touchscreen skin!

I am using joggler on the origenae s16t with a 16:9 format in a 1280x768 resolution. It works fine with touch control and also with the imon soundgraph IR remote control.

The small screen is high located quite high so that one can look at it standing (ie without crawling on the floor)

I put some of the main functions onto the imon remote, such as MUSIC OSD on Music button, even AQUARIUM on the VIDEO Button and WEATHER on the TV Button, as I use XBMC mainly to stear my music on the small screen.

Joggler is a GREAT program, many thanks from Germany to you!

-John

PS. found out that this was first done for a device sold in the UK, not any more on sale now. Lucky for us, owners of small touchscreens from other firms!

- djtoll - 2011-05-11

Thanks ! and greetz back from Germany Smile

- quickbluehorse - 2011-05-12

Hey, why did I think that you are in England... that is fun, that you too are in Germany.

Just to give you some idea, I have just finished - more or less - my HTPC project, and it has been a hell of a work to get things to work. Of course the case I chose has this 7 inch display, and so your touchscreen skin for xbmc just made my day completely - once i figured out how to get it and install it. I think you could at the very least have a DONATE possibility somewhere.

By the way, when i think of the many hours work that went into my project, I find it a little a shame that such knowledge has to be lost. Soundgraph and imon, for example, have a horrid support situation. They sit in Korea, barely speak English, but their products are top of the line in that area. I thought about contacting them, to set up a support section in Europe for them.

Right now I am trying to figure out the XBMC command - if there is one - that directs the program output of XBMC to one of two screens - such as on my system. This would be great, in order to be able to press a key on the remote and have XBMC on the TV or on the TOUCH. So far I did not find such a possibility. Switch betwenn fullscreen mode and window is possible, no problem. I can also switch on AQUARIUM with the remote.

<F6>XBMC.System.Exec(c:\windows\system32\MarineAquarium3.scr)</F6>

That is the definition need in the XBMX/userdate/keymaps/keymaps.xml file (where one places user-defined behaviour of keys, which override the general defs in the system keymap.xml), and after that one only adds the definition for F6 in the imon settings for the xbmc program. I more or less guessed the command from info on the Internet, so I am posting it here for others who might want to use this feature as well. Cool, fish swimming in the TV .... Smile

The command looks like a system function call. I wonder if I could also use to direct the output from TV to TOUCH (screen#1, screen#2 in the XBMC video settings)? Hmm....

So I guess one keeps finetuning.

What I found a little irritating, is when the Music interface switches from FILE BROWSING MODE to DATABASE MODE. It is not so easy to find the switch between the two modes. That I would also like to find an XBMC command for! I think there is a point when it does that switch automatic, but I am not sure. If so, that would be a bug.

Best greetings from Ratingen!

update 0.93 - djtoll - 2011-05-26

- add - Letters Button to Home & a new View "LETTERS" (screenshots @xbmc.org Forum). This Letters are SmartPlaylists from Video an Music Database (alphabetic). Yes it is possible to hide this Home-Letters button.

- fix - size problem MPAA -> with German FSK icon.
- delete - all Genre icons. A Download File-Pack will come soon. EDIT: Done

- add - TV Show Guide (part_3/3) I think all functions can be touched now.
- add - add Artists Awards to Visualization.
- change - small optical changes (not relevant).
- change - "import addons" update addon.xml to new versions.

- add - TV Show Guide (part_2/3) the days can be touched now.
- change - add two buttons to FileBrowser (page - up/down) its better than scrollbar if a folder have many contents.

- add - TV Show Guide (part_1/3)