Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- buzz_kill - 2010-12-02

awesome, thx for the quick response.

- morphine - 2010-12-02

What a wonderful addition to the xbmc skin collection! I love the unified look, makes the whole thing easier to use and understand.

If you're not taking suggestions/critique yet then forget this next paragraph:
Might just be because its not fully done yet, but the xbmc logo looks a little streched and a bit cramped in its current spot. Secondly I'm not too sure about the top most black bar, maybe put the information from there in the clock/logo-bar?

- mcborzu - 2010-12-03

morphine Wrote:What a wonderful addition to the xbmc skin collection! I love the unified look, makes the whole thing easier to use and understand.

If you're not taking suggestions/critique yet then forget this next paragraph:
Might just be because its not fully done yet, but the xbmc logo looks a little streched and a bit cramped in its current spot. Secondly I'm not too sure about the top most black bar, maybe put the information from there in the clock/logo-bar?

Need top bar for dialog notifications/rss/video-music scans/etc..Plus I like the spacing

Update 12-2
-Fixed banner watched flags
-Finished File Manager
-Changed look of 'System Info'
-Changed 'View Options' buttons

**only GIT updated**

- Tomkun - 2010-12-07

A really nice skin, but it does it have unicode support? I have a lot of Japanese titles and really need unicode!

- mcborzu - 2010-12-07

Tomkun Wrote:A really nice skin, but it does it have unicode support? I have a lot of Japanese titles and really need unicode!

I grabbed the fonts from PM3 and Confluence, whatever they support "The Carmichael" supports....

- Tomkun - 2010-12-07

mcborzu Wrote:I grabbed the fonts from PM3 and Confluence, whatever they support "The Carmichael" supports....

I don't use either of them, so I don't know. Right now I use transparency with arial unicode.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-07

Tomkun Wrote:I don't use either of them, so I don't know. Right now I use transparency with arial unicode.

I'm not a font expert so my thoughts were to be at the same font support as the XBMC default skins...

- Tomkun - 2010-12-07

mcborzu Wrote:I'm not a font expert so my thoughts were to be at the same font support as the XBMC default skins...

Fair enough. I shall investigate further.

- ralob - 2010-12-08

I love the speed and feel of the skin. Major kudos.

One question: why do some shows have "next aired" and other just the episode count? Would it not make sense for all shows to display the episode count and cycle between that and the next aired episode after x seconds?

For shows that are already complete, you can have something like: show's run ended on (date).

- mcborzu - 2010-12-08

ralob Wrote:I love the speed and feel of the skin. Major kudos.

One question: why do some shows have "next aired" and other just the episode count? Would it not make sense for all shows to display the episode count and cycle between that and the next aired episode after x seconds?

For shows that are already complete, you can have something like: show's run ended on (date).

Needed some type of fallback if show has ended or doesn't have next aired info yet. I went with watched/unwatched could easily change to "genre" or "This show premiered in 2000 on ABC" or something...

Favorites as main menu - woutervanwijk - 2010-12-12

I like your skins! Especially the option to easily access the favorites.
Maybe a crazy idea, but I personally would really like to edit the home-screen items as if it were favorites. I would like to be able to add a tv-channel which I watch often from a plugin as one of the items my homescreen. Simple as that. And add a favorite directory on my system to the homescreen. Maybe someone else would like to add the TED-plugin. Or a music-folder. Whatever. This is sadly not possible now in XBMC. But in a workaround, a skin could maybe use the favorites as items for the home-menu? Would be very nice.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-12

woutervanwijk Wrote:I like your skins! Especially the option to easily access the favorites.
Maybe a crazy idea, but I personally would really like to edit the home-screen items as if it were favorites. I would like to be able to add a tv-channel which I watch often from a plugin as one of the items my homescreen. Simple as that. And add a favorite directory on my system to the homescreen. Maybe someone else would like to add the TED-plugin. Or a music-folder. Whatever. This is sadly not possible now in XBMC. But in a workaround, a skin could maybe use the favorites as items for the home-menu? Would be very nice.

I'm confused both "Night" and "The Carmichael" have the option to add 5 favorites and 5 playlists to home accessible through Settings->Skin->Custom Home.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-12

Update 12/11

Breadcrumbs additions
Home theater support - Enable via Settings->Skin->General
4 Favorites on Home Addons section:

- MightyMouth - 2010-12-12

This is an extremely proffessional and modern looking skin, I will definatly be using it. Plus I love the tv show.

- reaven - 2010-12-12

What's up mcborzu great project as always !!

I have really stop making mods and some projects of mine because college and work, but as always nice work...