Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- Rygrath - 2010-12-14

I've just noticed something while watching a show last night. There doesn't seem to be any FF or Rew indicators (2x, 4x, etc). Dunno if it's by design or not, but thought I'd mention it.

And if I could make a small request. Something I'm missing from Night, when I hit Info on the remote, it'd be nice if the current time displayed. Sometimes I just want to check the time while watching a show/movie. Right now my options are either, pausing the video I'm playing, or hitting the full screen button (TAB) to bring up the whole interface. If it's a design choice, then no biggie Smile

And for a little visual bug, when you have the subtitles button activated, that frame you have around the OSD buttons doesn't exactly fit. The sub-titles button and the button on the far right hang outside of the frame.

Thanks for that last update btw.. adding programs like that was a really nice touch.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-14

Rygrath Wrote:And if I could make a small request. Something I'm missing from Night, when I hit Info on the remote, it'd be nice if the current time displayed. Sometimes I just want to check the time while watching a show/movie. Right now my options are either, pausing the video I'm playing, or hitting the full screen button (TAB) to bring up the whole interface. If it's a design choice, then no biggie Smile

And for a little visual bug, when you have the subtitles button activated, that frame you have around the OSD buttons doesn't exactly fit. The sub-titles button and the button on the far right hang outside of the frame.

Yea need that current/end time on "info" screen, thats annoying me also. Might have to remove flags, I'll look into it...

Thought I had spacing good on the buttons, I'll 2x check...

- Rygrath - 2010-12-14

Thanks for looking into it, much appreciated.

- Rastan - 2010-12-15

Just a couple things...

Video section typo

"...Also add/remove and manage your sources" (Not souces)

Question: In the movie section is it possible to have movie sets viewable?
If not how about adding it to the list where you see Genres, Years, Actors, Directors, Recent Movies, Random Movies

Suggestion: I think it would be good if you could show more of the recently added movies or random movies covers.

e.g If I am on the movies homepage screen there are 3 recently added on the bottom left. If I scroll towards the one on the left edge of the screen and continue going it jumps to the random movies on the opposite side. Why not have it instead scroll to the fourth then fifth and so on from recently added and do the same on the random movies. That way you will be able to see more at a glance with the option of going to the recent movies in the centre list if you wanted to see the movies displayed in detail.

Loving the Skin Mcborzu Nod

- mcborzu - 2010-12-15

Rastan Wrote:Just a couple things...

Video section typo

"...Also add/remove and manage your sources" (Not souces)

Question: In the movie section is it possible to have movie sets viewable?
If not how about adding it to the list where you see Genres, Years, Actors, Directors, Recent Movies, Random Movies

Suggestion: I think it would be good if you could show more of the recently added movies or random movies covers.

e.g If I am on the movies homepage screen there are 3 recently added on the bottom left. If I scroll towards the one on the left edge of the screen and continue going it jumps to the random movies on the opposite side. Why not have it instead scroll to the fourth then fifth and so on from recently added and do the same on the random movies. That way you will be able to see more at a glance with the option of going to the recent movies in the centre list if you wanted to see the movies displayed in detail.

Loving the Skin Mcborzu Nod

Nice typo catch, thx

I Want to have Movie Sets as a sub, gotta 2x check if theres a way to hide it if user has none

More than 3 random/recent movies seems doable...

- Rastan - 2010-12-15

Your welcome Big Grin

I appreciate all the hard work your putting in and look forward to your updates!

- Rastan - 2010-12-15

Hi Mcborzu,

I noticed some of the Genre icons were missing when I browsed my library. I have created the missing ones and thought I would share. Maybe you would like to add these to your skin?

Adult

Kung-Fu

News

Reality-TV

Short

Enjoy! Big Grin

- Rastan - 2010-12-15

I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or not but the background for the buttons whilst playing a movie doesn't quite fit around the buttons.

One more thing do you plan on adding support of the option for playing the trailer for movies?

- mcborzu - 2010-12-15

@Rastan

1. Genre images I'd perfer to be a separate addon but thats another subject. Until then I will just include the common genres - Action/Drama/Comedy/etc...

2. Yea, somebody pointed out subtitles screws up the width of the panel on OSD buttons

3. playing the trailer for movies? If you mean "Home Theatre script" that should be on GIT as of this post

- Rastan - 2010-12-15

No, I was talking about playing trailers for individual movies. I have just realised you need to press on get info first... DOH! ...LOL

- mcborzu - 2010-12-16

Update 12-15
-Finally fixed the 2 keypresses to focus lists issue, also fixs scanning new content doesnt update Home
-Changed flags
-Season Fanart now shows on season level
-"Home Theatre" now works by default no setting to check, and overrides the play button is installed
-Fixed VideoOSD backdrop too short with subtitle button enabled
-Launcher code now updated for "Advanced Launcher"

- Rygrath - 2010-12-16

Gave the season fanart a try on Carmichael and doesn't appear to be quite working. Fanart doesn't seem to be changing on either the Season or Episode level. When going into Episode level I can see the fanart flash/blink like it was going to change, but the show's normal fanart remains instead of changing.

On the plus side, the video osd backdrop is now fitting properly Smile

Edit: Just noticed the Info screen when playing a video showing the current time now, most excellent Big Grin

- mcborzu - 2010-12-16

Rygrath Wrote:Gave the season fanart a try on Carmichael and doesn't appear to be quite working. Fanart doesn't seem to be changing on either the Season or Episode level. When going into Episode level I can see the fanart flash/blink like it was going to change, but the show's normal fanart remains instead of changing.

On the plus side, the video osd backdrop is now fitting properly Smile

Edit: Just noticed the Info screen when playing a video showing the current time now, most excellent Big Grin

GIT should be good now, thx...

- Rygrath - 2010-12-16

That did it, working perfectly now. Really cool seeing suggestions being implemented into your work. Smile

Thanks again mcborzu

- rausch101 - 2010-12-16

i *think* this is a bug: I can't add Advanced Launcher via "Enable Custom Add-on Button" in Settings->Skin->Addon Scripts. Works fine as a "Home Custom Right Favorite" though (which is a really cool addition)

Also (not sure if it's fixable or even a bug) I think the TV Show - Next Aired addon should probably run at start-up in the background...it doesn't seem to work for me in the home "Video" pane unless I manually load up the add-on first. Or maybe add an option to auto-start in options or something.

This skin is so functional, really nice work. my main skin now.