[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Carmichael (/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)
- jimkaf - 2010-11-25 20:27
Heya mcborzu and well done so far with this skin. It's quite tidy and has a professional look to it. Now, on with a bug and a couple suggestions:
1) On two installations I'm running, both on windows 7 + dharma RC1, the TV Tunes while browsing the shows seem to be running fine, until you actually play a video. Once you do, it's like the script isn't even fired anymore.
2) Could there perhaps be a trigger to enable/disable the HD Movies Menu? For example I happen to keep only HD Movies so it's a little redundant in this case having both Movies and HD Movies.
3) It'd also be great if we could run the logo/thumb/clearart downloader script too from the info screen of a TV Show.
Again thanks for all the hard work and for taking the time to read this input.
- Kallaide - 2010-11-26 04:07
Macshield & Sammydog69,
The code I used when making the alterations was close to a week old now and Mcborzu has updated at least once since then, plus anything he's worked on since. I can supply it, however any of the newest changes he's made (including bug fixes) will not be present as well as the fact that as soon as you do update it to fix any issues you'll lose all the changes I've made...
In other words, I'd suggest waiting until we hear back from Mcborzu on whether he likes the change and if he wants to use it. This way it will be in the system and you can keep up with the bug fixes and changes.
- mcborzu - 2010-11-26 04:12
Kallaide Wrote:Macshield & Sammydog69,
Haven't decided yet...
1. I hate alot of skin settings, I always try to keep them to bare minimal...
2. I like the boxes on both sides balancing each other out
3. I need something on Videos to balance that out also...
Side note I don't think I touched Home or Includes in a couple days...
- Kallaide - 2010-11-26 04:50
Yea I know... You said that about 50 times on the Night thread... lol Although I never quite understood it. I only ever go into the settings once and I'm done with it. To me, the more options I have with setting the Skin the way "I" like it the more I like it. It's kinda like comparing IE to Chrome, IE is Microsoft and it's their way, where as Chrome (and Firefox for all you who haven't switched over,) let you customize and make it more personalized, much like what XBMC is all about. Hmm... I think I just convinced myself to start my own skin... LMAO, My wifes gonna kill me if I start coding again....
Opps got a bit off topic there... I'll post the files I changed and created, I just have to figure out where to host em... Where's the best place to host a skin?
- mcborzu - 2010-11-26 05:29
-Fixed label/logo overlap on 'now playing' queue screen
-Fixed Music scan
-Some more strings
-Added logo button to info screen
**only git updated**
added these today
Quote:<!-- Views -->
- cainecollin - 2010-11-26 10:08
Love it. Especially now that there is banner support, Only thing: Am I just missing the setting to show "Shut Down" ?
- Broads - 2010-11-26 10:57
+ 1 on a shutdown panel, for shut down, logoff etc. Unless you can put the options on the settings panel menu?.
- MaDDoGo - 2010-11-26 11:24
Wow, thank you mcborzu Here are the translations:
Quote:<!-- Views -->
- Japaja - 2010-11-26 18:18
mcborzu Wrote:Update 11-26Thanks, works fine now. Appears for 2-3 sec then the RSS kicks in.
BTW Can anyone explain to me how do I populate the pictures pane like music, tv shows and movies. It's just not working.
- byxil - 2010-11-26 19:14
I translate for italian language. the file is here
something is still missing to this skin, but for now is the best