Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- macshield - 2011-01-03

mcborzu Wrote:Try GIT now, I believe I got the Movie visibility issue corrected...

Thanks mcborzu, that did the trick for Movies, but tv show is still only files and big grid. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

- Amras_Alcarin - 2011-01-03

Hello Wink

Excuse me for my English, I am French, I'll try my best.

First, I congratulate you for your fabulous skin, I love it. I've tried a lot and that is my favorite despite the few small default nothing serious, and it is not because I am named Michael either lol

The bugs:

Since I switched to the latest version of XBMC (dharma 10.0) stable version, sometimes, the screen turns black and am obliged to kill the process to restart Xbmc again .. but at this moment, no trace of Carmichael, I return to the confluence skin and nothing in Appearance! I am forced to reinstall a zip file or by the passion repositery XBMC (SVN) (the same thing on my 2 pc's !!!!)

I also have a problem with the SVN version of XBMC repositery passion, there is no option display “poster” for the film, it remains only “file” and “grid”

the improvements:

The only thing that is sorely lacking is a tab OFF in the main menu! I am obliged to press S to get the menu to exit of XBMC .. Not practical at all for me!

Then in the video tab, I like to have statistics of my library (film and music) it would be nice to add the number of film not seen below the total number of movie!

thank you so much for your great work

Sincerely,
Amras (Michael)

- mcborzu - 2011-01-03

macshield Wrote:Thanks mcborzu, that did the trick for Movies, but tv show is still only files and big grid. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

Alrighty I was so concerned about Movies I didn't 2x check TV section, I'll get that tonight...

- mcborzu - 2011-01-04

Ok, I 96% certain I got the visibility issues fixed...GIT up to date.

- jimkaf - 2011-01-04

This skin has become my default a while now and it's getting better and better. Only issue that seems to occur on my numerous installations on both linux and windows is that the TvTunes on Carmichael work properly from the moment I start XBMC -until- the moment I play the first video/song/etc. After that first media is played they seem to cease working until I restart XBMC.

Just thought I'd mention it again since it hasn't changed for me throughout all the skin updates.

Great work though as always, lovely, clean, professional-looking skin.

- Rygrath - 2011-01-04

I've had that issue with TV Tunes for a long time now with Carmichael. It works just up until you play something then you won't hear a peep from it again until a restart. Code is the same as what Night uses so it's boggling why it behaves that way here.

This is such a nice skin though that I've just learned to accept it until someone has a "a-ha!" moment Smile

Edit: Just to let you know the last batch of changes have resolved all the view issues here. Everything working as it should now, thank you.

- supertom44 - 2011-01-04

I cant recall if this has been mentioned before or not.

When browsing movies the box in the top right is used to display the plot for the movies.

When browsing episodes its used to display the plot for the show your are browsing. Not really sure how useful this is, chances are if I'm browsing the shows episodes I know what the show is about and I'm more interested in the plot for the episode rather than the whole show.

I've seen several skins/views that show the tv plot/description for the show. I can see how it can be useful if you have a lot of new shows but its one of those things that I always hide. Seems wasted space to have it shown while browsing for episodes, I even think its wasted while browsing for seasons, my personal opinion and this goes for all skins is that the tv show description should only be shown when browsing at the tv show level.

Thats just my personal opinion though.

And sorry if this has been mentioned before I remember reading something about what you wanted to display in that box to keep it consistent but I cant remember what it was lol. I think plot for episodes still keeps it consistent with the rest of the skin as you have plot for movies there.

- Rastan - 2011-01-05

I love all the new changes making the skin feel that much closer to being finished and very use-able. I look forward to watching this blossom stage by stage.

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to get info from the random movies on the homepage. For people with big libraries for example it is sometimes difficult to recall what a movie is about or you may want to watch the trailer. (love the new trailer support BTW)

e.g say you wanted to know what "Mean Girls" was about you would just highlight it and press "I" then you would be able to read the plot etc. I dont know if it is even possible, but it would be a very nice touch indeed! Nod

- DJXFMA - 2011-01-05

Rastan Wrote:I love all the new changes making the skin feel that much closer to being finished and very use-able. I look forward to watching this blossom stage by stage.

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to get info from the random movies on the homepage. For people with big libraries for example it is sometimes difficult to recall what a movie is about or you may want to watch the trailer. (love the new trailer support BTW)

e.g say you wanted to know what "Mean Girls" was about you would just highlight it and press "I" then you would be able to read the plot etc. I dont know if it is even possible, but it would be a very nice touch indeed! Nod

I think what could be possible is a delay action witch focusses on a dialog screen witch holds the fanart and information in it. Should be possible at the home screen I think, but I don't know if that is what the theme maker wants on this home screen. I can code it in the theme but I won't do this every time when there is a new SVN version available. Goint to build a new theme myself and I am already checking every theme out to see what they have so I can make a theme witch has it all. Speed, Looks and information.

- Reginald - 2011-01-05

Thank you so much for fixing the views for TV, I missed the Folder layout. Smile

- mcborzu - 2011-01-06

Update 1-5
-Added trailer option to Movies on Home
-New Landscape view
-Changed way TV info displayed

Pressing 'Enter' now brings up a option to play movie or trailer

New Landscape TV level

New Landscape on Episode level, also info display is changed

- Rygrath - 2011-01-06

Awesome changes. Big kudos to you. Great use of landscape thumbs and I love the episode information change. Feels like a natural fit to see the episode information there. This skin is definitely a favorite in the family room. Easy to use, navigate and has a universal look throughout the skin.

The only niggle I still have is TV Tunes stops working after playing any type of media and requires a restart to get it going again. As I said before though, I can live without it as the skin more than makes up for it. That issue is a bit of a head scratcher though since the code for it is pretty straight forward Confusedhrug:

Thanks for the update, great changes.

- supertom44 - 2011-01-06

The new changes look ace, cant wait to test them out.

Cracking Job.

- oblonhor - 2011-01-06

Great changes, a step in the right direction, wanted to make some suggestions:

1. Is it possible to have pressing "I" working on random movies, trailers was a good choice but not all movies have them and to see plot etc. would be nice.

2. When browsing the cast on movie info screen, could you show the actor's picture instead of the movie cover? It helps to recognize the actor when you don't know the name.

3. There's a small bug when exporting a library, Single or Separate or overlapping.

Thanks for this magnificent skin!

- ppic - 2011-01-06

i don't think I is available on home screen.