Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- ppic - 2010-11-15

mcborzu Wrote:
ppic Wrote:ok to put your git on passion nightly build?
Yep !

done Wink

- stoli - 2010-11-15

@mcborzu - what happened to the green selection bar? I think that was better that the white... :-)

great skin - cowdar - 2010-11-15

Thanks for your work this and night are many favs
I know its a work in progress,

tv themes not working for me (works in night when i swap back)

are you going to have the option to hide home menu items (as i dont use pictures ect)

Im not into the new sounds but i think i can swap them out for the night ones?

is there an option to reboot, shut down? Im I missing it

A logo's view would be nice in tv shows Wink

great great work thanks. Nod

- supertom44 - 2010-11-15

Im liking this skin.

Love the grid view for the movies any chance this will be added to tv?

My only issue is when using posters view in tv library when I come to select which season I want to watch no where does it tell me which one is which, some of my season posters arent that descriptive.

- Malexx - 2010-11-15

Nice looking skin.
On the optics the only downside for me is missing media flags in first view(at least resolution and Audio Source).Especially for TV Series its nice to if its HD or SD.
Otherwise i like the clean concept.

- Rygrath - 2010-11-16

That fix you did for banners, where can I undo it? I keep banners as banner.jpg, so now my banner view is just squished posters like quite a few others skins that don't have the option. Sad

Really wish some of those threads about coming up with media naming convention became standard in XBMC. Would make it easier on everyone I'd think.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-16

Rygrath Wrote:That fix you did for banners, where can I undo it? I keep banners as banner.jpg, so now my banner view is just squished posters like quite a few others skins that don't have the option. Sad

Really wish some of those threads about coming up with media naming convention became standard in XBMC. Would make it easier on everyone I'd think.

I'll sneak that in tonight...

supertom44 Wrote:Im liking this skin.

Love the grid view for the movies any chance this will be added to tv?

My only issue is when using posters view in tv library when I come to select which season I want to watch no where does it tell me which one is which, some of my season posters arent that descriptive.

I'll add that line to season level...

cowdar Wrote:Thanks for your work this and night are many favs
I know its a work in progress,

tv themes not working for me (works in night when i swap back)

are you going to have the option to hide home menu items (as i dont use pictures ect)

Im not into the new sounds but i think i can swap them out for the night ones?

is there an option to reboot, shut down? Im I missing it

A logo's view would be nice in tv shows Wink

great great work thanks. Nod

1.2nd or 3rd time I got that compliant on TV themes, it literally is the exact code as Night though. So confused on the problem. Debug log will tell me/ppic whats up...
2. Havent decided on what to do about checking off Home cuz if you go below 9 it ruins the look
3. Just swap /sounds folder
4. All that shutdown/restart is accessible via Press 'S' dialog

- Rygrath - 2010-11-16

mcborzu Wrote:I'll sneak that in tonight...

Awesome man! I'd send you a beer if I could!

Thank you Smile

- cowdar - 2010-11-16

mcborzu Wrote:2. Havent decided on what to do about checking off Home cuz if you go below 9 it ruins the look

This mite look ok (but would take some work i think)
An option for:

If on the the home page the top window stays central, so its allways in the top middle. And the the menu items are the things that move,scroll
That would make things look ok with less menu items?
You could have them wrap around.

Ether way its my fav skin Smile

One thing i miss is when i pause a film it tell me what time the film will finish in other skins ive used, and chance you could put that in at some point.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-16

stoli Wrote:@mcborzu - what happened to the green selection bar? I think that was better that the white... :-)

I wanted the green text in the top, "Parent" section to stand out more...

cowdar Wrote:One thing i miss is when i pause a film it tell me what time the film will finish in other skins ive used, and chance you could put that in at some point.

I know, can't believe I forgot that...

- mcborzu - 2010-11-16

Update 11-15
-Lowered Navigation sounds by 40%
-Fixed TV show label fallback when no logo
-Fixed track # and title in song level selection
-Hide RSS when scan dialogs visible
-"Grid" view available on TV level
-Added Random Movie playlist on Movie submenu
-Added banner.jpg support

**git and regular download up to date**

SIDE NOTE-
If, on those, Random Movie/Episode playlists I included, if you press up to change sort by: playlist it'll list them randomly rather than alphabetically...

- Th3R00st3r - 2010-11-16

Flomaster Wrote:I can't wait.. Night is my "Go To" skin but this looks nice, I showed my wife and she said "But I like the one we have now" LOL

this might be new new "go to" skin I like how fanart is displayed in full with no poster or cd covers blocking part of it.

-=Jason=-

You showed the wife FIRST?? Never do that.. just put it on...;-)

**Edit** Neverminde.. I saw your other post.. what did she think??

Puttin mine on now while the wife is still out..

Mcborzu - Thanks for all your hard work.

- Rygrath - 2010-11-16

Thanks again for the banner.jpg option, but think something might be missing. Regardless if the "Use Banner.jpg" is checked or not it still seems to be using the poster/folder.jpg and stretching them to fit.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-16

Rygrath Wrote:Thanks again for the banner.jpg option, but think something might be missing. Regardless if the "Use Banner.jpg" is checked or not it still seems to be using the poster/folder.jpg and stretching them to fit.

Put setting code in but not the view code, now fixed on git...

- Rygrath - 2010-11-16

Yep, that did it! Those view options are working perfectly now. Switching them on and off produces the expected results. Thanks for the quick fix.

The household here is giving me very positive reviews of this skin on ease of use and visual appeal, so job well done!

It's going to be fun watching how The Carmichael evolves Smile