Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- mcborzu - 2010-11-21

Update 11-20
-Changed pause screen added current/end time
-Started to finish Music Info screens

- smilenkovski - 2010-11-21

Thank you for the wonderful skin. I like the sounds.

- Kallaide - 2010-11-21

Th3R00st3r Wrote:You showed the wife FIRST?? Never do that.. just put it on...;-)

**Edit** Neverminde.. I saw your other post.. what did she think??

Puttin mine on now while the wife is still out..

Mcborzu - Thanks for all your hard work.

HAHAHA I just got back from deployment and found this new amazing skin. I did the EXACT same thing and my wife said the same. She likes Night better too...lol

TV Shows (Next Aired) - Kallaide - 2010-11-21

This is an awesome feature and I love the look, however, would it be possible to add it to the TV Shows view? Possibly add a settings option to select either random shows or next aired....

- voidy - 2010-11-23

is it possible to have the user banner.jpg and landscape.jpg options go a level deeper so that within a season folder u can have folder.jpg banner.jpg landscape.jpg ??

cause on most tv-shows i have a regular poster thumb but on some i have landscape

just asking here might not be the correct place and if so can an admin or moderator move it then

thanks in advance voidy

- Kallaide - 2010-11-23

Thanks for the help earlier! I managed to figure my issue out by creating new <includes>... (took me a good few hours since this is my first time really delving more into the code than the graphics.)

Anyways, on to the point:

I had asked earlier if it would be possible to add in an option for having either the Random Episodes or the Next Aired on the TV Show screen. No need to ask anymore since that was what I was working this afternoon. (I figured I might as well jump in and get my feet wet.)

Now that it's done I was wondering if you'd like to add it to your skin. I found the random episode view a little pointless for TV Shows since I watch my TV in episode order and keep up-to-date normally with new shows. (Got rid of Cable a few weeks ago and went fully to the HTPC)

Anyways, let me know if you'd like to incorporate it in your skin!

- mcborzu - 2010-11-23

Kallaide Wrote:Thanks for the help earlier! I managed to figure my issue out by creating new <includes>... (took me a good few hours since this is my first time really delving more into the code than the graphics.)

Anyways, on to the point:

I had asked earlier if it would be possible to add in an option for having either the Random Episodes or the Next Aired on the TV Show screen. No need to ask anymore since that was what I was working this afternoon. (I figured I might as well jump in and get my feet wet.)

Now that it's done I was wondering if you'd like to add it to your skin. I found the random episode view a little pointless for TV Shows since I watch my TV in episode order and keep up-to-date normally with new shows. (Got rid of Cable a few weeks ago and went fully to the HTPC)

Anyways, let me know if you'd like to incorporate it in your skin!

Still confused on what you got cooking but I'm always game to try something...What do you mean by "random episode view"? The submenu playlist or the four thumbs or right....

smilenkovski Wrote:Thank you for the wonderful skin. I like the sounds.
Well I should say thanks, I think 2-3 of the sounds were from a pack you made for Night

- buzz_kill - 2010-11-23

how can i toggle the visibility of watched movies?

- mcborzu - 2010-11-24

buzz_kill Wrote:how can i toggle the visibility of watched movies?

will be in on tonights update....

- brownstein - 2010-11-24

Don't know if this happens to anyone else but the progress bar that pops up when you pause will only show up the first couple times for me and after that it only shows the thumbnail of whatever you are watching.

Without really testing, I have a feeling it happens when you start a video by going thru the recent items for some reason.

Also, tvtunes has the same problem where it only works the first one or two times after resetting XBMC and then the tunes don't kick in anymore.

I love this skin though!

I am running XBMC Live dharma rc1 on an asrock ion 330

- mcborzu - 2010-11-24

brownstein Wrote:Don't know if this happens to anyone else but the progress bar that pops up when you pause will only show up the first couple times for me and after that it only shows the thumbnail of whatever you are watching.

Without really testing, I have a feeling it happens when you start a video by going thru the recent items for some reason.

Also, tvtunes has the same problem where it only works the first one or two times after resetting XBMC and then the tunes don't kick in anymore.

I love this skin though!

I am running XBMC Live dharma rc1 on an asrock ion 330

Couldn't duplicate the pause thing...

Made some minor changes dont think they affect it but TVtunes behaves fine here. Though my coding computer is also streaming computer so maybe it's a smb thing?? Either way give me feedback after tonights changes...

- mcborzu - 2010-11-24

Update 11-23
-Finished Playlist dialogs
-Finished Music 'Info' Dialogs
-Added Sort by watched/unwatched/all option

Should now have all dialogs/sections done, now just a few cosmetic tweaks and will be able to submit to Repo...

**Git and regular download updated**

- Kallaide - 2010-11-24

Here's what I was talking about.... I'm not the best at explaining things, Sad

Anyway, like I was saying. I couldn't see a need for the Random TV Episodes on the right when viewing the TV Shows window. So I added a settings option in Skin - Movies/TV that lets you set either the TV Airing Today or Random Episodes for the right side...

- Kallaide - 2010-11-24

Oh I also fixed the centre sub-menu bar. There was an anomaly with one of the lines that made it stand out more than the others (Not sure if that was intentional or not though...lol) Anyways, I changed the height of it and adjusted the spacing to have the sub-menus as middle as possible in each section.

- MaDDoGo - 2010-11-25

mcborzu, are all the strings added into the language file? If true, let me know and I'll start spanish translation before you submit to the repo.

Cheers!